Overview of Google Workspace and Wasabi
Google Workspace, formerly known as G Suite, is a flexible and practical solution organization to collaborate with teammates easier. It’s a collection of cloud computing and collaboration tools and services produced by Google. There are Gmail, Contacts, Calendar, Meet, and so on. These services can help you in different aspects when you need to handle different data.
Wasabi is an AWS S3 compatible cloud service with more affordable pricing. By creating a bucket, you can add files, download an image, and perform other operations to manage your data better. It was launched in 2015 and has updated several versions. Due to its useful features, many S3 users came to this service to manage data in a more cost-effective way.
Why Backup Google Workspace to Wasabi?
Because of its excellent features, Google Workspace has a large user base around the world. Users utilize Google Drive to store important data and collaborate with co-workers and friends. However, as the old saying goes, it’s not safe to save eggs in only one basket. Likewise, storing precious data only on Google Workspace is not enough. And it’s recommended to backup it to Wasabi.
There are many benefits you can receive if backing up G Suite to Wasabi Cloud. For instance:
- Cost-Effective Plans. Compared to other cloud storage services, Wasabi Cloud Storage Service is cheaper. It offers 2 simple plans for users who want to upgrade their account. Meanwhile, Wasabi has no hidden fees such as setup fees API requests or egress.
- Top Security Technology. Wasabi boasts the best security technology. Specifically, the data centers are protected by a range of advanced security services. And all data is encrypted still, which means no one can access your data on the cloud.
So, how to backup Google Workspace data to Wasabi? This post shows you 2 easy methods. The one is to use the download-and-upload method; and the other is to utilize a practical third-party service – MultCloud.
How to Backup Google Workspace to Wasabi Traditionally
The very first way to backup G Suite to Wasabi is to download files from G Suite and then upload them to Wasabi Cloud. This method is easy and quick to accomplish the task when you only have a few files to backup. And now, you can follow the steps in the following content.
Step 1: Sign in to your Google Workspace on the web with your admin account.
Step 2: Go to the Admin Console and head to the Tools section on the right side. Then select the Data Export button.
Step 3: Tap on the START EXPORT tab.
Step 4: Then data from main tools such as Gmail, Google Contacts, etc. will be exported for all users in your organization. When the export task is finished, you will receive a confirmation email with a link and you can then click to Download the data on your computer.
Tip: To protect your data, the archived data will only be available to the super administrator of your domain.
How to Backup Google Workspace to Wasabi Newly
The quickest and easiest way to backup Google Workspace data to Wasabi is to utilize a professional cloud backup service – MultCloud. This technical tool allows users to manage multiple cloud storage services in only one place, including Google Drive, Google Workspace, Dropbox, OneDrive, Wasabi, MEGA, Flickr, Amazon S3, etc.
MultCloud can bring many conveniences to users since users can head to different cloud services with only one click. At the same time, you can download files from Dropbox, share files on Google Drive, and upload folders to Google Photos. In addition, you can perform operations to make data migration and backup between cloud services effortlessly and seamlessly.
If you use MultCloud to backup Google Workspace to Wasabi, you can receive many benefits such as:
- Backup Data across Clouds without Downloading. MultCloud offers users a direct way to backup files from one cloud to another directly and quickly. In this way, you can avoid the cumbersome download-and-upload process.
- Backup Data Intelligently. If you don’t set up, MultCloud will name the backup file/folder by the date automatically in the target directory. Then, you can clarify which is the backup item easily and quickly.
- Scheduled Backup. You can set up auto-backup tasks when using MultCloud to backup files between cloud services. Specifically, you can let them run at a regulated date, daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Restore Files Efficiently. Although both Google Workspace and Wasabi are useful and secure services, unfixed bugs and errors might lead to data loss sometimes. However, once you back up files from Google Workspace to Wasabi with MultCloud, it can help you restore data without any effort and cost.
Now, you might want to know how to backup Google Workspace to Wasabi via MultCloud. And we will walk you through the operations in the following content.
Step 1: Sign up for a MultCloud account. Or, you can sign in with your Google account or Facebook account directly.
Step 2: Then press the Add Cloud button on the left navigation bar to add Google Workspace and Wasabi.
Little Tip: If you don’t know how to add Wasabi to MultCloud, you can go to your Wasabi on the web and click on Access Keys > CREATE NEW ACCESS KEY > Root User > CREATE. Then copy the keys to your clipboard and paste them to MultCloud when adding Wasabi.
Step 3: Now, head to Cloud Backup under Common Tools, then choose Google Workspace as the source directory and the bucket of Wasabi as the target directory. Next, Backup Now.
In this way, files from Google Workspace will be backed up to Wasabi successfully and quickly. Meanwhile, since MultCloud relies on data traffic to backup files from one cloud to another, the backup task will continue even though your device is turned off.
Tip: Similarly, if you want to backup Synology NAS to OneDrive, the Cloud Backup feature of MultCloud can also help you in a hassle-free way.
In the End
After reading the text, you now know 2 easy methods to backup Google Workspace to Wasabi. In a word, if you only have a few files to backup from Google Workspace to Wasabi, you can download them from Google Workspace and upload them to Wasabi manually.
If you find the first method is time-consuming and troublesome, you can then take advantage of MultCloud, which allows you to backup files between cloud services directly and quickly.
In addition to the Cloud Backup feature, MultCloud offers you other useful features as well, such as Cloud Transfer, Cloud Sync, and Remote Upload. For example, if you don’t know how to sync from cloud to cloud, MultCloud can be helpful.