User Case: How to Add iCloud Photos to Google Photos at Once?
Case 1: "My iCloud Photos are almost used up, and I want to transfer some pictures to Google Photos, is there any way to do it?"
Case 2: "I'm moving all my iCloud Photos data to Google Photos, but the process keeps on going, is there a quick way to move it? I want to move all iCloud Photos at once."
Why Add iCloud Photos to Google Photos?
Both Google Photos and iCloud Photos allow users to store their photo libraries in the cloud to free up space on their devices. iCloud Photos provided by Apple can be deeply integrated with iPhone, iPad and Mac. Google Photos offers powerful image storage and sharing options. In addition, users can also use Google Photos to automatically create memory albums.
For many users, both Google Photos and iCloud Photos offer good photo and video storage services, but aspects such as price, compatibility, and features can also affect users' decisions between the two. Bear the brunt of the price, Google Photos and iCloud Photos are not much different in terms of pricing, but the free storage space provided by the two is different.
|iCloud Photos||Google Photos|
|5GB - Free||15GB - Free|
|50GB - $0.99/month||100GB - $1.99/month|
|200GB - $2.99/month||200GB - $2.99/month|
|2TB - $9.99/month||2TB - $9.99/month|
- Compatibility: iCloud Photos is primarily available on Apple devices, while Google Photos is available on a variety of devices (including Android and Windows). If you want to store and share photos on any device, Google Photos might be right for you.
- Functionality: As the world's smartest search engine, Google has won over many users. Plus, Google Photos offers more advanced photo editing and arranging features.
- Sharing: How to share photos on iCloud with family and friends? You must have an Apple device. But with Google Photos, they just download the free Google Photos app on any device.
By comparison, Google Photos is indeed superior to iCloud Photos in many aspects, which also makes many users choose Google Photos for photo backup and sync operations. So, how to transfer iCloud Photos to Google Photos?
[3 Ways] How to Add iCloud Photos to Google Photos Directly?
Want to move photos from iCloud Photos to Google Photos? Next, this article will provide you with 3 different ways: a third-party tool; Apple's own way; Google Photos application. You can choose the most suitable method according to your needs.
Option 1: Effortlessly Transfer iCloud Photos to Google Photos with MultCloud [Recommend]
If you want to move all iCloud Photos data to Google Photos more quickly and at one time, you can turn to the third-party tool for help. Here, MultCloud can help you migrate from iCloud Photos to Google Photos without downloading and uploading. MultCloud is a web-based cloud storage aggregator that helps manage multiple cloud storage accounts.
In MultCloud, you can easily do:
- Quickly transfer data across clouds: MultCloud provides "Cloud Transfer", "Team Transfer", "Cloud Sync", and "Cloud Backup", which can help you easily perform the cloud-to-cloud transfer.
- Automatic transfer: You can set the data transfer, sync or backup time to run the task automatically.
- Remote upload: MultCloud can directly parse the contents of URLs, torrent files or magnet links to the cloud account.
- Encrypted sharing: You can share encrypted data in the cloud service account provided by MultCloud, and you can also directly share data with friends and family.
Now let's take a closer look at how to move photos from iCloud Photos to Google Photos via MultCloud.
Step 1: Sign up for MultCloud for free.
Step 2: Click "Add Cloud" to add iCloud Photos and Google Photos to MultCloud.
Note: You can only add one cloud at a time. If you want to add more clouds to MultCloud, just repeat step 2.
Step 3: Use Cloud Transfer to move pictures from iCloud Photos to Google Photos. Click the "Cloud Transfer" button and choose a folder in iCloud Photos as the source and a folder in Google Photos as the destination. Finally, click "Transfer Now" to let the transfer task run by itself.
- You can select a specific transfer mode, and set file filtering and email notification under "Options".
- If you need to automatically transfer iCloud Photos to Google Photos, you can set a specific time in the "Schedule".
- If you have a lot of photos to transfer, you can close the browser window or even shut down your PC after the task starts, because MultCloud can run the task in the background program.
- You can also transfer iCloud Photos to Flickr with the method mentioned above.
Option 2: Transfer iCloud Photos and Videos to Google Photos via Apple Tool
Apple has launched a data and privacy portal for users to view and download their data, so you can use this new tool from Apple to transfer iCloud Photos to Google Photos. It's important to note that this method doesn't delete anything from iCloud, it just makes a copy and transfers it directly to Google Photos.
To use this method, you need to ensure the following conditions:
- You are using iCloud Photos to store your Apple photos and videos.
- Your Apple ID uses two-factor authentication.
- You have a Google account to use Google Photos.
- Your Google account has sufficient storage available to complete the transfer.
Once everything is ready, you just need to follow the steps below to transfer.
Step 1: Go to Apple's Data & Privacy login page (https://privacy.apple.com) and log in with the Apple ID you want to transfer iCloud photos and videos from.
Step 2: Click "Request to transfer a copy of your data" under the "Transfer a copy of your data" section.
Step 3: Click the drop-down menu and select Google Photos, then click the two check boxes that appear, one for photos and one for videos. Then click "Continue".
Step 4: Sign in to the Google account you want to transfer iCloud photos/videos to, then allow Apple to add photos and videos to your Google Photos account.
Step 5: Finally, double-check your details and hit the "Confirm Transfer" button. The whole process may take a few days to complete, you need to be patient.
Option 3: How to Add iCloud Photos to Google Photos from iPhone with Google Photos App
You'll need to download the Google Photos app or the Backup & Sync app on any device (such as iPhones, tablets, laptops, and more) that has your photos. For the convenience of operation, it is recommended that you use the Google Photos app on your mobile phone. Here's how to do it.
Note: Before you start, you need to make sure that all the photos in iCloud Photos have been synced to your phone.
Step 1: Open the Google Photos app on your phone.
Step 2: Choose to open "Backup & sync" and choose whether to upload in high or original quality.
Step 3: Wait for Google Photos to finish backing up all your photos. It can take a few hours to a few weeks for Google Photos to back up everything.
Step 4: Check that all your photos have been transferred to Google Photos.
Note: If you want to know how to add iCloud Photos to Google Photos desktop, you can download photos from iCloud Photos first and then upload them to Google Photos.
In conclusion, if you don't know how to add iCloud Photos to Google Photos, you can use the Apple tool and Google Photos App, but it can take a lot of time to move. If you find the operation and setup too complicated, you can take advantage of MultCloud, which can help you complete your transfer tasks as quickly as possible.
When using MultCloud, you can not only transfer files, but also sync and backup data between cloud services. Also, this service is useful when you want to manage multiple cloud storage accounts.
MultCloud Supports Clouds
OneDrive for Business
box for Business
You May Also Like
Seeking ways to transfer iCloud photos from one account to another? This article illustrates 5 basic methods to move photos from one iCloud account to another on iPhone, computer and Mac. For more info, just read on.
How to transfer or sync photos in Google Photos to iCloud on all devices? This article provides all feasible solutions according to different user needs (computer/Android/iPhone), so you can choose the most suitable way according to your needs.
If you are looking for free and simple methods to transfer data from iCloud to Google Drive, read no further! Today in this full guide, you will learn 2 easy solutions to move files from iCloud to Google Drive on PC/Mac. After reading, choose the best method based on your situation.