Definition of Cloud to Cloud Transfer
To make it easy to understand, cloud-to-cloud transfer refers to migrate or move files from one cloud drive to another. That is to say, transferring files between cloud storage.
In the cloud end, you can transfer files within the same cloud brand and just from one account to another account like from one Google Drive to another Google Drive, you can also take away files from one cloud brand to another brand, such as transfer data from OneDrive to Google Drive.
Whether you are an individual or an enterprise user, cloud migration can bring you the following benefits:
(1) Scalability: When the storage space of local storage or a cloud drive is exhausted, users can choose to pay for more capacity or transfer data to other cloud drives;
(2) More conducive to security management: Security and compliance are the core indicators of many cloud storage services. When migrating data to the cloud from local or migrating between clouds, the cloud service provider can protect your most critical business workloads and the most sensitive data.
(3) Disaster tolerance: When data is lost or damaged, cloud service providers can recover your important data, which can greatly reduce personal or business losses.
Why Transfer Files from Cloud to Cloud?
Why need to transfer files from one cloud to another cloud? The reason is different for different cloud users and different for the same person in different situations. In general, there are several common reasons listed as below:
- The first cloud account (usually free account) is running out of storage space while there is a large amount of quota in the destination account.
- The owner is going to abandon the source cloud and replace it with a new one.
- A copy is made for some crucial data on source cloud storage and user want to save the copy to another place in case of accidental loss of source files.
- People just want to have a better management of their data and save a certain kind of data in another cloud.
How to Do Cloud to Cloud Transfer Free?
Having known that what cloud to cloud migration is and the necessity of transfer files between cloud services, then, how to transfer files from cloud to cloud for free? Here in this post, you will find 2 free and easy ways to transfer files between cloud storage services. Let's see how to perform file moving with 2 given solutions.
Solution 1. Cloud to Cloud Transfer with "Download" and "Upload"
When been asked about the above question, most people will think about the download-and-upload feature of the cloud drive. That is, first of all download target files from source cloud to local device (computer, desktop, laptop, notebook, pad, phone, etc.) and then upload these files from local storage to destination cloud storage. This method is easy and all users know how to do it, so I will not elaborate it here.
After users use this method for a while, they find it boring and inconvenient. When a large amount of data needs to be transferred from cloud A to cloud B and there is not enough local space as transmission space to store these files, you may wonder why not directly transfer from Cloud A to Cloud B? Can this be achieved? Is there a way to realize cloud-to-cloud file transfer more easily?
Luckily, the second solution, MultCloud, can help you resolve above problem perfectly no matter how big your data is and no matter how poor your network is.
Solution 2. Cloud to Cloud File Transfer with MultCloud
To directly transfer files from one cloud to another, you need to reply on a third-party service, MultCloud. As a free cloud file manager, MultCloud can help put multiple clouds into one place. Currently, it supports more than 30+ leading cloud storage providers, including Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, MEGA, Flickr, etc. The following are the corn functions of MultCloud:
- $0 for more free cloud space. Consolidate all available cloud storage in any cloud to "scale" more available space for your use.
- Convenient all-in-one cloud manager. Integrate your multiple cloud storage services in one place to transfer/synchronize files across different clouds in-batch.
- Meet all cloud data management needs. Manage, transfer and sync your cloud data across multiple clouds in a simple, fast and secure way.
- Share any cloud file at will. Break through the limitations of the cloud and give you complete freedom to share all your cloud content at will.
- Prevent cloud data loss. Schedule automatic cloud-to-cloud sync on a regular basis to keep your cloud drive data secure.
The following will take migrating Dropbox to OneDrive as an example.
Step 1. Create one MultCloud account. It's free of charge.
Step 2. Add Dropbox and OneDrive accounts to MultCloud by clicking "Add Cloud" button.
Step 3. Migrate from Dropbox to OneDrive with "Cloud Transfer". Click on "Cloud Transfer" button, select your Dropbox account as the source, select OneDrive as the destination, tap on "Transfer Now" and you will see the task starts.
- You can do some personal settings to this task in “Options”. If you do not want to keep the original files after transmission, please make sure that you have checked “Delete all source files after transfer is complete”.
- You can also set a schedule to automatically migrate files from source location to destination at a set time: once a week or once a month.
As you can see, with any way above, you can do cloud to cloud transfer. Obviously, using MultCloud can not only do cloud to cloud file transfer, but also sync files across multiple clouds.
In addition to transfer and sync functions, MultCloud also supports “Remote Upload” function, you can download your favorite moves or e-books to clouds through URL, torrent files or magnet links, such as downloading torrent files directly to MEGA cloud. Basic operations on files can also be implemented in MC, such as sharing, downloading, sharing, renaming, sharing and so on.