Produced by Microsoft, OneDrive is a cloud service that can connect all your data. Over the past few years, there are a raft of new features having been added methodically to OneDrive. With 5GB of free space, users not only can store and access files on OneDrive, but also share those files with others from anywhere and any device.
MEGA is a reliable backup storage service for people who want to save files and folders to clouds, and offers an end-to-end encryption technology to keep your data safe. Once you sign up for MEGA, you can possess 20GB of free storage space, which is sufficient for users’ daily requirements.
Both two are useful and popular free cloud backup and sync services, and most people utilize OneDrive and MEGA for different purposes at the same time. Once you have multiple cloud storage services, it’s inevitable to move files and data from one cloud to another sometimes for different reasons.
This article not only offers you the reasons you can gain from backing up files from OneDrive to MEGA, and also introduces a free and easy way to help you complete the backing up data from OneDrive to MEGA. Now, you can keep reading to learn more.
Why Backup OneDrive to MEGA
Users would backup data from OneDrive to MEGA cloud for the following reasons:
- Data Protection. Although OneDrive is a fairly safe and convenient cloud service to store your data and files, sometimes OneDrive lost files and photos. Thus, it’s not secure to only one platform. Backing up files from OneDrive to MEGA is a feasible way to prevent your files from losing.
- Save OneDrive Storage. As mentioned before, OneDrive only offers 5GB of free storage space for users. So, users can only save files and data on OneDrive in a very limited scale. Whereas MEGA provides you with 20GB of free storage space, which is very generous. Thus, you can back up OneDrive data to MEGA and then free up OneDrive space.
- Simple Recovery. Data on OneDrive can be deleted unintentionally and affected badly by hackers and viruses. If you don’t have a backup, this situation will drive you crazy. However, data can be easily recovered from backups if you have one on MEGA.
Anyway, backing up data can improve your data security and decrease the cost you will spend if you encounter the situation of data loss. So, how to make cloud data backup? Is there any useful service that can achieve this task easily? If you have the same questions, you can refer to the following content to learn the efficient way to back up data from OneDrive to MEGA seamlessly.
How to Backup OneDrive to MEGA Efficiently
MultCloud is a FREE cloud file manager that offers many useful and professional features to help you manage your cloud drives and data on clouds effectively. By using MultCloud, you can add multiple cloud services like Google Photos, OneDrive, MEGA, Google Drive, FTP, Flickr, Dropbox, etc. and manage them well in only one platform.
Here, you can perform most operations that you can do on the official web app on each cloud such as syncing folder with Google Drive, uploading a file to OneDrive as well as sharing Dropbox folder, etc. In addition, you can back up files from cloud to cloud. Now, let’s see how it works when you want to backup OneDrive to MEGA.
Step 1: Register a MultCloud account for free. Alternatively, you can sign in with Google/Facebook account.
Step 2: Press the Add Cloud tab, and add OneDrive and MEGA by following the instructions shown to you.
Step 3: Now, go to Cloud Backup, and choose OneDrive as the source directory and MEGA as the target directory. Next, click Backup Now.
Conversely, if you want to backup MEGA to OneDrive, you can also use MultCloud to achieve it by selecting MEGA as the source directory and OneDrive as the target directory.
1. You can click Options to make settings. For example, once you check the feature of email notification, you can immediately know when your backup task is completed. Also, the Filter (Paid) can help you quickly include/exclude the files with certain extensions.
2. If you cannot oversee the backup process, don’t worry, you can set up Schedule backup tasks. There are 3 options for you to choose: backup files daily, weekly or monthly. Once you set scheduled backup tasks, you can close your computer and the tasks will continue.
How to Restore OneDrive Deleted Files – Have Backups
After copying OneDrive to MEGA, some users will free up OneDrive space by deleting the files they have backed up to MEGA. However, although MEGA is a useful cloud backup service, its zero-knowledge-encryption makes it hard to collaborate with others. Therefore, users may want to restore some files they need to collaborate sometimes.
Then, how to recover OneDrive deleted files easily? Fortunately, MultCloud offers a feature called Restore, which can help you recover deleted files on OneDrive if you have backed up those files to MEGA.
Tip: This method is only available when you backup OneDrive to MEGA by using MultCloud.
Let’s figure out the way to recover the files you deleted from OneDrive under the prerequisite of having backed up those files from OneDrive to MEGA with MultCloud.
Step 1: Go to Task List on the right upper side, and locate the backup task. Then click the 3 parallel lines.
Step 2: Now, press the Restore button in the pop-up window.
Step 3: Select Restore options and files you want to restore. Then, you can click the Next tab.
Step 4: Now, you can choose the location where you want the files restore to: you can select Restore to original location or Restore to new location. At last, tap Restore. And then the files will be recovered smoothly.
Anyway, as long as you have backed up files from OneDrive to MEGA by using MultCloud. The Restore function of MultCloud can help you quickly recover the files you have deleted on OneDrive, which can prevent your important files from losing.
After reading this guide, you now can know how to backup OneDrive to MEGA effortlessly. That is using a professional third-party service – MultCloud. Free but effective, MultCloud not only can back up files across clouds, but also can restore the files easily.
Meanwhile, MultCloud also offers other advanced features such as Cloud Transfer, Cloud Sync, and Remote Upload. All 3 features have their own advantages and can help you manage their data and clouds well. For example, if you want to transfer files from OneDrive to MEGA, the Cloud Transfer feature can help you complete the task quickly and easily.