User Case: Can I Add Multiple Google Accounts to Android?
Case 1: "Can I add and manage multiple Google accounts on my Android phone? Does anyone know how?"
Case 2: "I have two Google accounts, one for personal use and one for work. Is there any way I can add both accounts to my phone to manage data on it at the same time?"
How to Add and Manage Multiple Google Accounts Android?
Many of us have multiple Google accounts, so trying to log out of one and log in to another each time can be tiring. We may have designated these accounts according to different requirements, such as one can be used for personal use, another can only be used for work, etc. As such, users need to have the flexibility to access all accounts without tedious logins and logouts.
This article will show you how to perform using multiple Google accounts on Android. The instructions given below have been tested on an Android phone. Let's say you already have a Google account and now you want to set up another one. Here's how to use multiple Google accounts on your Android device:
Step 1: Assuming you already have a Google account, go to your Android device's home screen and tap "Settings", then "Accounts".
Step 2: You'll see an "Add account" option (sometimes preceded by a "+" sign) at the bottom of the screen. Click Google from the listed accounts displayed. You may be asked to confirm your device passcode or fingerprint.
Step 3: Now, your next step is to log in to your Google account, which you can easily do using your email address, password, and two-factor authentication code (if you chose this setup).
Note: You can also create a brand new account from the initial login screen. After a successful login, Android will automatically set up your new Google Account.
Step 4: Android will run Google backup and sync multiple accounts. To choose your preferred account, go back to "Accounts" from "Settings", tap "Google" and select the account you want to manage.
Step 5: If you want to delete the account, click on the vertical ellipsis icon at the top right corner of the screen and select "REMOVE ACCOUNT".
Note: To synchronize data such as Calendar, Contacts, Drive, Gmail, Google Fit data, People details, and Play Games Cloud Save, you need to keep the button behind the corresponding option turned on.
Bonus Tip: How to Manage Multiple Google Drive Accounts on Android
Are you annoyed when managing multiple Google Drive accounts? Because you have to keep switching between two or more accounts to find the corresponding data. MultCloud is a web-based cloud file manager that not only helps you centrally manage multiple cloud drives in one account, but also helps you transfer, sync and back up files across cloud drives without downloading and uploading operations.
- Cloud Transfer: With just a few clicks, you can quickly transfer data from one cloud to another.
- Team Transfer: Batch migration of sub-account data under the enterprise account.
- Cloud Sync: You can sync files between clouds using one of 10 unique sync modes.
- Cloud Backup: Important data is backed up to the corresponding account for timely recovery in case of data loss or damage.
- Remote Upload: You can remotely upload contents from a URL, torrent file or magnet link to clouds, such as download torrents directly to Google Drive.
- Share: You can share files such as documents, photos, and videos in your cloud account to recipients through "Public Share", "Private Share", or "Source Share".
- Cloud File Management: You can upload, download, cut, copy, rename or preview files in different cloud drives at the same time.
Here are the exact steps to manage your Google Drive accounts on your Android phone.
Step 1: Download the MultCloud app.
Step 2: Open the MultCloud APP, select the registration method, and create a MultCloud account according to the prompts.
Step 3: Log in to your MultCloud account, click the "+ Add Clouds" button in the upper right corner. After that, select Google Drive to add. MultCloud may ask you to enter cloud login details, access keys and verification codes etc. In this case, you need to allow MultCloud to access your cloud account data.
Step 4: Add other Google Drive accounts in the same way.
- For the same cloud provider, MultCloud has no limit on the adding number of cloud drives.
- In order to better distinguish the two accounts, they can be named separately, such as Google Drive 1 and Google Drive 2, or they can be named according to other types.
So far, the two cloud drives have been successfully associated, and now you can easily switch and manage the two Google Drive accounts just by logging in to MultCloud. You can also use MultCloud's "Cloud Transfer" feature to move files from one Google Drive to another if needed. Please proceed as follows:
Step 1: Click the "Transfer" icon below to open the Cloud Transfer interface.
Step 2: Select source and target clouds. To transfer files from Google Drive to another, you need to select one of Google Drive or a file/folder in it as the source cloud and another Google Drive or a folder in it as the target cloud.
- In "Options", you can set options such as transfer mode and file filtering.
- In "Schedule", you can set scheduled cloud file transfer tasks, such as once, daily, weekly or monthly.
With the detailed steps provided in this article, you can easily add manage multiple Google accounts Android. Moreover, you can also follow the steps to sync your Google account data and remove other Google accounts.
If you have trouble managing multiple Google Drive accounts, you can seek help from MultCloud. MultCloud can not only help you consolidate cloud storage to be more productive, but also help you easily transfer data between two or more accounts.