The Advantage of Using OneDrive
OneDrive is a file hosting service and synchronization service launched by Microsoft. It’s one of the leading cloud storage servers in the market now. When people select OneDrive as their cloud storage to store files, documents, pictures, etc., they definitely know that OneDrive has the following advantages:
- Users can save any kind of files on OneDrive including pictures, videos, documents, etc., so that users can access them from any devices if necessary.
- It starts with 5 GB space for free users and users can gain extra free space by inviting friends to sign up OneDrive account through them.
- It makes a backup copy of your files to cloud automatically if you have installed OneDrive desktop app on your PC and saved files into OneDrive folder, so you do not have to worry about data loss.
Why Move Files between OneDrive Accounts?
“I need to transfer my OneDrive account from my former university to my new university. What tools are available to do this, or what is the process? I do not want to use the download and upload method because the Internet connection in the university is unstable. Anyone can help me out?”
The above question actually is a common problem that many OneDrive users have. In addition to the above reason, some people also want to transfer files from one OneDrive account to another OneDrive account for data backup.
But there comes a question on how to move files from one OneDrive account to another account without downloading and uploading? Luckily, in the follow part we will recommend a free cloud file manager--MultCloud, to you to help you migrate OneDrive to another account.
How to Move Files between OneDrive Accounts with MultCloud?
MultCloud has three main features: “Cloud Transfer” and “Cloud Sync”, “Remote Upload”. If you want to move files from one OneDrive account to another, you can use “Cloud Transfer” function, and if you want to download torrent files directly to mega cloud, you can use “Remote Upload” feature.
Before Transferring You Need to Prepare:
1. Create one MultCloud account. If you do not want to register account, you can click “Try without signing up” to quickly create a temporary account.
2. Add your two OneDrive accounts to MultCloud by clicking "Add Cloud".
- To make it easier to distinguish, name your first OneDrive as OneDrive1 and your second OneDrive as OneDrive2.
- If you cannot add the second OneDrive account to MultCloud, you may need to use your second OneDrive account to log in its official website first, then go back to MultCloud to add your second account.
When everything is ready, you will find two free solutions to help you achieve OneDrive to OneDrive migration in the following parts.
Solution 1. Migrate Files between OneDrive Accounts with “Copy to”
Open your one OneDrive account, select files and folders you want to move to another OneDrive account, right-click blank area, click “Copy to” and select OneDrive as the destination so that you can copy them to another OneDrive account.
Solution 2. Move Files between OneDrive Accounts with “Cloud Transfer”
Click on “Cloud Transfer” tab, select folders that you want to move under OneDrive as the source, select OneDrive 1 as the destination. Click “Transfer Now” and wait for the process to complete.
- “Cloud Transfer” is more suitable for transferring folders or whole drive. If you just want to transfer some files from OneDrive to another account, it would be better to use “Copy” or “Copy to”.
- If you want to delete all files under selected folders, when creating the task, “Delete all source files after transfer is complete.” option needs to be selected.
- If you want to transfer files regularly, you can enable “Schedule” feature by upgrading your account to premium account.
Following any way from above solutions, MultCloud can help you move files from OneDrive account to another easily without downloading and uploading. You can select one that suits you most to perform the process.
More about MultCloud
After reading above parts, you may find that MultCloud is a web-based app and it is able to transfer files between clouds from one platform without using the manual ways.
Currently, MultCloud supports more than 30 cloud drives including OneDrive, Google Drive, G Suite, MEGA, Flickr, Google Photos, Dropbox, etc., so you can not only move files between OneDrive accounts, but also can perform file moving between different cloud drives.