OneDrive is a file hosting service and synchronization service that Microsoft runs as part of its web version of Office. It was first launched in August 2007, allowing users to store files and personal data (such as Windows settings or BitLocker recovery keys) in the cloud, share files, and sync files across Android, Windows, and other devices. OneDrive offers 5 GB of storage space free of charge and if you need more space, then you need to purchase its subscription. With the OneDrive cloud service, you can
- Sync files between the cloud and local folders.
- Access files from multiple devices.
- Make a data backup and restore to previously saved versions from the cloud when necessary.
- Share files, photos, and even entire folders with friends, colleagues and family members.
Why Transfer Files from One OneDrive Account to Another?
There could be various reasons behind moving files between OneDrive accounts, such as:
- The current account is not working properly.
- You have some essential documents in a shared account and want to transfer documents from one onedrive account to another.
- You are using a professional email account and there is no enough space available.
- You want to transfer files, documents, videos, etc. to another account for data backup.
How to Move Files from OneDrive to Another Account without downloading?
Since OneDrive lacks features that facilitates transferring files from OneDrive to another account directly with no download and upload. so, for direct OneDrive to OneDrive migration, here we would like to recommend using the FREE cloud storage manager called MultCloud. As an online cloud management and transfer service, it can help move files from one drive to another cloud drive directly without downloading and uploading.
- Cloud Transfer: directly move data from one cloud to another without downloading.
- Offline Transfer: migrate cloud data without going through computers.
- Fast: up to 10 threads to finish the cloud data transfer speedily.
- Automate: set a schedule to run cloud transfer, sync, backup task automatically.
- Stable Transfer: rely on the traffic (not the network) to process.
It supports not only OneDrive, but also supports other cloud services including Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, SharePoint, Flickr, Google Photos, Amazon S3, SugarSync, Hubic, Evernote, MEGA, MySQL, MediaFire, ownCloud, ADrive, BaiDu, WebDav, FTP/SFTP, etc. So, you can use it to easily move files from OneDrive account to another, but also transfer data from DropBox to Box, or other supported cloud services.
To transfer from OneDrive to another, MultCloud provides 4 methods for your convenience. Take a look and choose one for your needs. Before that, please sign up via the following methods.
Step 1. Sign Up. Create one MultCloud account.
Step 2. Add Clouds. Log in MultCloud account. Click “Add Cloud” and follow the steps to add your two OneDrive accounts to MultCloud.
Way 1. Move Files from OneDrive to Another by Drag and Drop
The first way is just dragging the file from one OneDrive to another. Select the file you want to move and press the left mouse button to move it. (The drag-and-drop function is now only available in the old version of MultCloud, please click "Switch to classic MultCloud" to use it.)
Way 2. Transfer Files from One OneDrive Account to Another by "Copy To"
The second way is that you can select files you want to migrate from your first OneDrive account, right-click the blank area and click “Copy to” feature. When you click “Copy to”, there will be a pop-up window appearing. Select another OneDrive account as the destination location and click “OK” button.
Way 3. Move Files from one OneDrive Account to Another by "Cloud Transfer"
The third way is that you can create a “Cloud Transfer” task to transfer OneDrive files to another account without copying method. Go to “Cloud Transfer” page, select folders you want to transfer from your first OneDrive account, select destination path to save them under your second OneDrive account or you can select whole OneDrive as the source and select your second OneDrive account as the destination. click on “Transfer Now” and wait for the process to complete.
- For “Cloud Transfer” feature, it is more suitable for transferring folders or whole cloud drives. If there are hundreds of folders that need to be transferred, you can perform a Cloud Transfer task to move folders from one OneDrive to another.
- You can enable "Schedule" feature to transfer your data if you want to transfer your data regularly.
- As MultCloud supports offline transfer, you can close the page and even close your computer because MultCloud can deal with your task at the background.
Way 4. Move Files from one OneDrive Account to Another by "Share"
The fourth way is mainly for some users who want to transfer files in their OneDrive to their friends' OneDrive account. This way is to use the "Share" function of MultCloud to transfer files.
1. Open OneDrive in MultCloud, select the document or folder to be transferred, then click the "Share" button, and finally select the mode to share in the pop-up window: Public Share, Private Share, or Source Share. After creating the link, send the link to your friends.
2. Your friend can download the data in your OneDrive through this link, or can choose to save the data directly to her or his OneDrive account.
- If your friend needs to transfer files to his or her OneDrive account, he or she needs to firstly create an MultCloud account and add his or her OneDrive account to this MultCloud account.
- If your friends or family members have registered MultCloud accounts, you can use sharing function of MultCloud to share interesting pictures, videos or some application packages between different cloud drive accounts.
- If you create a "Private Share", you also need to send the default password (this password can be customized) to your friends.
Generally speaking, you can transfer files from one OneDrive account to another through downloading and reuploading. However, if you don't want to spend any time and energy in manually downloading and re-uploading, the 4 methdos listed above offered by Multcloud are perfect. Moreover, you can also use MultCloud to sync and backup data across different clouds easily with "Cloud Sync". For example, you can sync photos from OneDrive to Google Photos, and sync Google Drive to OneDrive for free, etc.