Why Migrate from Dropbox to OneDrive?
Nowadays, online cloud becomes the most popular storage type for people. And, a lot of users have more than one cloud accounts belong to the same or different cloud brands. The common cloud services are Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Amazon Drive, MEGA and so on. Some cloud users plan to switch from Dropbox to OneDrive for the following reasons:
- OneDrive provides more free cloud space (5 GB) than Dropbox (2 GB).
- OneDrive offers cheaper and more reasonable storage plan (50 GB: $1.99/m; 1 TB: $6.99/m; 5 TB: $9.99/m) than Dropbox (1 TB: $9.99/m; 2 TB: $19.99/m).
- They have purchased office 365 product with OneDrive service.
- They have graduated from school and have to move their schoolwork from Dropbox for Business account to their personal OneDrive.
- They have resigned from their last position and need to transfer their working documents from public Dropbox account to their own OneDrive cloud.
- The Dropbox account is running out of space while there is much storage in OneDrive.
- Their friends recommend OneDrive to them and they find OneDrive suits them better after doing the test.
How to Migrate Dropbox to OneDrive in Common Ways?
As we all know, neither Dropbox nor Microsoft OneDrive app has a function to migrate data between each other. So it’s a question on how to transfer from Dropbox to OneDrive directly. In the following parts, we will offer you two traditional methods to achieve your goal.
Solution 1: Download and Upload
Step 1. Sign in your Dropbox account.
Step 2. Create a new folder, select all files under your Dropbox account and move them to the new folder.
Step 3. Put the mouse on the new folder, click the three-dot symbol and click the “Download” button and wait for the process to complete.
Step 4. Log in your OneDrive account.
Step 5. Click “Upload” button to upload that .zip file to your OneDrive account and wait for the process to complete.
- The new folder will become a .zip file after it’s downloaded to the local PC.
- If you want to upload folder to your OneDrive directly, then you need to extract that.zip file first.
Solution 2: Migrate Dropbox to OneDrive with Windows Explorer
Step 3. You can move Dropbox to OneDrive with the “Cut” and “Paste” feature through Windows File Explorer.
As you can see, any above solution can help you copy Dropbox to OneDrive but it takes time to complete because you need to perform the operations manually. For the solution 1, you cannot close the page until the process is complete. For the solution 2, you need to install apps on your PC so you can complete the operations.
Actually, there is an effective way that can move data from Dropbox to OneDrive quickly without encountering above problems. Please continue to read the following parts.
How to Migrate Dropbox to OneDrive in Effective Way?
If you want to quickly move files from Dropbox to OneDrive while ensuring data security, you are recommended to try a free and professinal cloud to cloud transfer service, MultCloud, without logging in to both clouds, shifting from one cloud to another or downloading and re-uploading. Now, follow the steps below to quicky and safely migrate files from Dropbox to OneDrive.
Step 1. Register MultCloud - Free
MultCloud is a Free web based cloud file transfer manager. To use it, firstly, you have to create an account.
Step 2. Add Dropbox and OneDrive Accounts to MultCloud
After creating an account, sign into its platform. In the main panel, click “Add Clouds” tab on the top and select the cloud brand you are going to include in. Then, follow the simple guidance to finish adding cloud.
Note: You can only add one cloud account in one time. So, add the other clouds by repeating the process.
Step 3. Migrate Dropbox to OneDrive with “Cloud Transfer”
Now, go to “Cloud Transfer” tab and specify source and destination as Dropbox and OneDrive respectively. Finally, click “Transfer Now” and wait for the process to complete.
- “Cloud Transfer” feature supports entire cloud or folders as source. If you want to transfer some files only from Dropbox to OneDrive, you could use the “Copy” and “Paste” feature through “Cloud Explorer”.
- If you need to delete source files after migrating Dropbox to OneDrive, just tick “Delete all source files after transfer is complete” in Options window.
- Set OneDrive as source and Dropbox as destination if you want to migrate OneDrive to Dropbox.
- If you have very large data to transfer, to get a super fast transfer speed, you could also upgrade your account to the premium account so MultCloud uses 10 threads to transfer your files across clouds.
More about MultCloud
Following any way above, you could easily migrate Dropbox to OneDrive. If you select popular way above with MultCloud, you can also enjoy other advanced features. In addittion to Dropbox and OneDrive, MultCloud supports more than 30 clouds at present including G Suite, OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Photos, MEGA, Amazon S3, Flickr, Box, pCloud, etc.
Besides “Cloud Transfer “ feature, MultCloud can also do cloud to cloud sync/backup/copy with “Cloud Sync”. If you are going to migrate G Suite to G Suite because your domain has changed, you can make full use of this feature.
As a browser app, MultCloud requires no downloading and installation. Thus, you can save much local disk space. It still can be applied in all operating systems like Windows PC & Server, Linux, Mac, ios, android and Chrome OS; and all devices including desktop, laptop, notebook, iPad, cellphone, etc.