You May Want to Move Google Drive to OneDrive
Nowadays, more and more users are trying to store their data on cloud storage drives. Many cloud storage drives provide a certain storage volume for free, and because of this, a lot of users sign up for many accounts or using more than one cloud drives for more free storage volume.
There are a lot of users using both Google Drive and OneDrive. When you register on Google Drive or OneDrive, you will get 15 GB or 5 GB free storage volume. While using those two cloud drives, you may want to copy Google Drive to OneDrive for easy management or other reasons, including docs, sheets, photos, videos, etc. data. The question is how to do Google Drive to OneDrive migration?
How to Transfer Files from Google Drive to OneDrive?
Sync Google Drive to OneDrive isn’t an easy thing. There are all four solutions for you to choose from.
Method 1. Download and upload
The traditional way is to download files from Google Drive to your local hard drive, then, upload them to OneDrive.
Method 2. Share certain files to OneDrive account
The “Share” feature of cloud drives enables you to share files from Google Drive to OneDrive. No matter you share target files one by one or in one time through a folder, you have to go “Shared with me” folder and copy target files out to another folder. Then, rename target files one by one to permanently possess them.
Method 3. Archive whole Google Drive to OneDrive
If yours is a G Suit account for education, you can directly archive all files in your GDrive to OneDrive.
- 1. Sign in your Google account and enter https://takeout.google.com/u/3/settings/takeout.
- 2. In “Download your data” screen, under select your data to include, make sure “Drive” is enabled. Then, click “NEXT”.
- 3. Under “Delivery method”, select “Add to OneDrive”.
- 4. Click “LINK ACCOUNT AND CREATE ARCHIVE” to connect your OneDrive account and export all Google Drive data to OneDrive.
However, all above three ways are a little bit complex and may take a lot of time because of the size of files and the network speed. You must rely local storage to finish the transferring from Google Drive to OneDrive. Is there any way that can import Google Drive to OneDrive directly?
Method 4. Directly migrate Google Drive to OneDrive with MultCloud
Fortunately, the free tool MultCloud can help you backup files from Google Drive to OneDrive directly. MultCloud can put multiple cloud drives into one free App for managing files and transferring files across clouds. It supports Google Drive, G Suite, OneDrive, OneDrive For Business, Dropbox, Dropbox Business, Box, Amazon S3, Amazon Cloud Drive, SugarSync, Alfresco, hubiC, Evernote, CloudMe, Cubby, MyDrive, WEB.DE, Yandex, HiDrive, MySQL, Flickr, MediaFire, ownCloud, ADrive, Baidu, MEGA, WebDAV, pCloud, Egnyte, Backblaze and FTP/SFTP. With MultCloud, you can easily manage multiple cloud drives, copy, migrate and transfer data flexibly. To mirror Google Drive to OneDrive, you can follow the steps below:
- 1. Create an account for getting a right to use MultCloud.
- 2. Add your Google Drive and OneDrive to your MultCloud by clicking Add Cloud Drives. Select them and follow the prompt to add them into MultCloud account one by one.
- 3. Your Google Drive and OneDrive will be listed at the left panel. To duplicate files from Google Drive to OneDrive, here you should go to Cloud Transfer tab, specify source and destination cloud respectively as GD and OneDrive. Finally, click “Transfer Now”.
Here is a related video guide https://youtu.be/Pl0t2Kz-ccY
The operation of imaging data from OneDrive to Google Drive is similar to above transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive. Besides, MultCloud can do many other things for managing your cloud drives. You can also move files from Dropbox to Google Drive, or move files from Google Drive to Box, even combine OneDrive Dropbox Google Drive all together. It is worth to use if you have multiple cloud drives.