Can I Have Multiple OneDrive Accounts on Windows 10?
You may have multiple OneDrive accounts for different reasons. You may have given access to some of these OneDrive accounts to other persons. Therefore, you want to sync these accounts managed by other persons to a folder of the OneDrive account owned by yourself only.
If that is someone like you, you may want to add multiple OneDrive accounts into Windows Explorer. But it’s a question of how to manage them through your computer. Continue to read the following parts to find out how to add multiple OneDrive accounts on your PC and manage them conveniently.
How to Link Multiple OneDrive Accounts in Windows 10? 2 Ways
Now, we will show you how to connect two OneDrive accounts on one PC.
Way 1. Connect Multiple OneDrive Accounts through OneDrive Desktop App
Since the OneDrive desktop app has been integrated into Windows 10 now, you can run it directly without installing it.
Step 1. Search OneDrive account through your PC, and click "Open".
Step 2. Enter your email address and click "Sign in".
Step 3. Enter your password and click "Sign in".
Step 4. Click the "Next" button.
Note: Your OneDrive folder is placed under C:\Users\Username\OneDrive by default. If you want to change the location, you can click "Change Location".
Step 5. Click "Open My OneDrive Folder" and your files will be listed.
Step 6. To add your second OneDrive account, please click the OneDrive icon on the taskbar.
Step 7. Select "Settings" from the pop-up window.
Step 8. Click the "Account" section > the "Add an account" button and follow the above-mentioned steps to add your second account to your Windows 10 PC.
Step 9. Repeat the process to add other OneDrive accounts. You can access multiple OneDrive accounts via Windows File Explorer.
Limitation: OneDrive desktop app only allows you to add one personal OneDrive account and up to 9 Business accounts.
However, following this solution, you can manage OneDrive and OneDrive for Business on same computer only, but you cannot connect two personal OneDrive accounts on same PC. When you try to add another personal OneDrive account, you will see the error message "You're already syncing a personal OneDrive on this computer. Unlink that account to add a new one".
So, is there any solution to helping link two personal OneDrive accounts on Windows 10 without encountering the above problem? Though many users have such a need, Microsoft has no plans to support multiple personal OneDrive accounts on same computer.
Luckily, there is a new workaround for managing not only several personal OneDrive accounts but also OneDrive for Business accounts in Windows 10 without the need to unlink or link several times.
Way 2. Add Multiple OneDrive Accounts on PC with MultCloud
The workaround is to use MultCloud. MultCloud is a FREE web-based multiple cloud storage manager that allows you to link all your personal OneDrive and business OneDrive accounts altogether in one platform without switching cloud accounts.
- MultCloud supports 30+ mainstream cloud services, including OneDrive, and OneDrive for Business.
- You're able to add unlimited personal OneDrive accounts as well as unlimited OneDrive for Business accounts.
- Manage all OneDrive accounts in one place, including copy, copy to, delete, share, download, cut, preview, and more, just like manage on the official website.
- With all of your OneDrive accounts linked together, you can perform a quick search to locate specific files and manage them effectively.
Add Multiple OneDrive Accounts
You can refer to the following steps to add multiple OneDrive accounts on your PC.
Step 1. Create one MultCloud account. You can register it with your email address or you can log in directly with your Google or Facebook account.
Step 2. Add OneDrive accounts. Add your multiple OneDrive accounts to MultCloud by clicking "Add Cloud" > "OneDrive".
- When going to add your second OneDrive account to MultCloud, you need to log in to your second account through the OneDrive official website site first, then back to MultCloud to add the second account.
Step 3. Manage Multiple OneDrive Accounts with MultCloud. After they are added to MultCloud successfully, you can manage two OneDrive accounts or more under "Add Cloud" in the left panel.
Compared to the common way above, you may find it’s very easy to use multiple OneDrive accounts in Windows 10 in just three steps without logging in and out. If you want to sync several OneDrive accounts, you can create a Cloud Sync task to achieve your goal.
How to Sync Multiple OneDrive Accounts with "Cloud Sync"?
To sync two OneDrive accounts on one computer, take the following steps for reference:
1. Click the "Cloud Sync" feature.
2. Select the first OneDrive as the source, and select your second OneDrive account as the destination location.
3. Click "Sync Now" and wait for the process to complete.
- If you just want to sync some folders from your first account to the second account, when selecting the source, please select these folders only. Or enable the Filter in Options to sync certain file types.
- You can enable the "Schedule" feature and your task will be performed as scheduled, enjoy it after upgrading.
- You can also set an email notification to inform you if a sync task is performed.
- To sync multiple OneDrive accounts in Windows 10/11, add all your OneDrive accounts, and follow the above steps to sync files, while selecting the destination, hit Multi-select, then choose multiple OneDrive accounts as the destination, then start the OneDrive migration.
In addition to organizing multiple OneDrive accounts in Windows 10, you can use the "Remote Upload" feature to directly download torrents to Dropbox with MultCloud. Besides, MultCloud supports the newly added clouds or services, Gmail, Google Photos, iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, and more.
- Cloud to Cloud Transfer to free up space or not.
- Cloud to Cloud Backup and keep unlimited backup versions.
- Share Clouds in a private way and password protected.
- Remote Upload to Clouds to save web files easily.
- Migrate Emails to Another Cloud for archive.
- For "Cloud Transfer" feature, can help transfer one cloud to another cloud directly without downloading and uploading. If you want to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive, you can make full use of it.
- For "Cloud Sync", can help create sync relationships from one cloud to other clouds in 8 sync modes.
- For "Remote Upload", it can upload files to any cloud drive from URLs, magnet links, and torrent files.
FAQs About Using Multiple OneDrive Accounts
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) that users are most concerned about when it comes to the topic of "multiple OneDrive accounts":
Q1. Can I sync multiple OneDrive accounts to the same computer or device?
A1: To sync multiple OneDrive accounts simultaneously to the same computer, OneDrive announced each device can have up to 1 OneDrive for home account and up to 9 OneDrive for work or school accounts. while you can sync only one OneDrive account at any time. Besides, each account needs to be signed in separately, and files from different accounts won't be merged into one unified folder.
Q2. How do I avoid confusion between my different OneDrive accounts?
A2: You may worry about mixing up files or uploading to the wrong account. It's crucial to use clear naming conventions for each account and double-check the account name when signing in.
Q3. Is there a way to transfer files between multiple OneDrive accounts efficiently?
A3: You might seek efficient methods to transfer files between different OneDrive accounts without needing to download and re-upload them. While OneDrive doesn't have a built-in feature for this, you may explore third-party tools like MultCloud that offer such functionality.
Q4. Can I access my multiple OneDrive accounts from mobile devices?
A4. You might want to know if they can access and manage multiple OneDrive accounts from your smartphones or tablets. Yes, it's possible, but you need to switch accounts within the OneDrive app.
Q5. Can I share files between my multiple OneDrive accounts securely?
A5: Concerned about the security of sharing files between their accounts? OneDrive provides options to share files securely through password protection and expiration dates for links.
Q6. What happens if I reach the storage limit on one of my OneDrive accounts?
A6: You might be worried about what happens when one of your accounts reaches its storage limit. In such cases, you won't be able to upload additional files until you free up space or upgrade the storage plan for the OneDrive account that has exceeded the storage limit.
Q7. Is there a way to collaborate with others using multiple OneDrive accounts?
A7: OneDrive allows users to share files and folders with other Microsoft account users, making collaboration straightforward.
Q8. Can I use the same files simultaneously on different OneDrive accounts?
A8. You might wonder if it's possible to open and edit the same file simultaneously from different accounts. While technically possible, it may lead to version conflicts, so it's generally not recommended.
Following the above methods, you can easily add multiple OneDrive Accounts in Windows 10. However, the first solution is useless for adding two personal OneDrive accounts on one computer. Luckily, the second solution with MultCloud can resolve this problem perfectly.
After reading this article, you may find MultCloud is not an application but a web-based tool, so there is no need to install it on your PC and even install it on your phone. As long as you have installed browser on your device and your device has an Internet connection, you can access to MultCloud from any place to do file transfer, copy or sync operations.
MultCloud Supports Clouds
OneDrive for Business
box for Business