Can I Have Multiple OneDrive Accounts on Windows 10?
One person may have multiple OneDrive accounts for different reasons. He or she may have given access of some of these OneDrive accounts to other persons. Therefore, he or she wants to sync these accounts that managed by other persons to a folder of the OneDrive account that owned by himself or herself only.
If that is someone like you, you may want to add multiple OneDrive accounts into Windows Explorer. But it’s a question on how to manage them through your computer. Continue to read the following parts to find the solution.
How to Link Multiple OneDrive Accounts in Windows 10?
Way 1. Connect Multiple OneDrive Accounts through OneDrive Desktop App
Since OneDrive desktop app has been integrated in Windows 10 now, you can run it directly without installing.
Step 1. Search OneDrive account through your PC, click” Open”.
Step 2. Enter in your email address and click “Sign in”.
Step 3. Enter password and click “Sign in”.
Step 4. Click “Next” button.
Note: Your OneDrive folder is placed under C:\Users\Username\OneDrive by default. If you want to change the location, you can click “Change Location”.
Step 5. Click “Open My OneDrive Folder” and your files will be listed.
Step 6. To add your second OneDrive account, please click the OneDrive icon on the task bar.
Step 7. Select “Settings” from the pop-up window.
Step 8. Click “Add on account” button and follow the above-mentioned steps to add your second account to your Windows 10 PC.
Step 9. You can access these two folders via Windows File Explorer.
Note: Following this solution, you can manage OneDrive and OneDrive for Business on same computer only, but you cannot connect two personal OneDrive accounts on same PC. When you try to add another personal OneDrive account, you will see the error message “You’re already syncing a personal OneDrive on this computer. Unlink that account to add a new one”.
So, is there any solution that can use two personal OneDrive accounts on Windows 10 without encountering above problem? Though many users have such a need, Microsoft have no plans to support multiple personal OneDrive accounts on same computer.
Luckily, there is a new workaround for managing not only several personal OneDrive accounts but also OneDrive for Business accounts in Windows 10 without the need to unlink or link several times.
Way 2. Add Multiple OneDrive Accounts with MultCloud
The workaround is to use MultCloud. MultCloud is a FREE web-based multiple cloud storage manager that allows you to link all your personal OneDrive and business OneDrive accounts altogether from one platform without switching cloud accounts.
MultCloud supports more than 30 mainstream clouds including Google Drive, G Suite, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Dropbox, Dropbox for Business, Google Photos, Flickr, etc., at present. Also, MultCloud has three main features: “Cloud Transfer” and “Cloud Sync”, “Remote Upload”.
- For “Cloud Transfer” feature, it can help transfer one cloud to another cloud directly without downloading and uploading. If you want to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive, you can make full use of it.
- For “Cloud Sync”, it can help create sync relationships from one cloud to other clouds in 8 sync modes.
- For “Remote Upload”, it can upload files to any cloud drives from URL, magnet links, torrent files.
With all of your OneDrive accounts linked together, you can perform quick search to locate specific files and manage them effectively. You can refer to the following steps to add multiple OneDrive accounts on your PC.
Step 1. Create one MultCloud account. You can register it with your email address or you can log in directly with your Google or Facebook account.
Step 2. Add Clouds. Add your two OneDrive accounts to MultCloud by clicking “Add Cloud”.
- When going to add your second OneDrive account to MultCloud, you need to log in your second account through OneDrive official website site first, then back to MultCloud to add the second account.
- MultCloud does not have any limit to the numbers of cloud to add. In brief, you are allowed to add unlimited personal OneDrive and OneDrive for Business accounts to MultCloud.
Step 3. Manage Multiple OneDrive Accounts with MultCloud. After they are added to MultCloud successfully, you can manage both clouds under “Add Cloud” in the left panel.
Compared to the common way above, you may find it’s very easy to use multiple OneDrive accounts in Windows 10 in just three steps without logging in and out. If you want to sync several OneDrive accounts, you can create a Cloud Sync task to achieve your goal.
How to Sync Multiple OneDrive Accounts with “Cloud Sync”?
Click “Cloud Sync” feature, select first OneDrive as the source, select your second OneDrive account as the destination location, click “Sync Now” and wait for the process to complete.
- If you just want to sync some folders from your first account to the second account, when selecting the source, please select these folders only.
- You can enable “Schedule” feature, and your task will be performed as scheduled.
- You can also set an email notification to inform you if a sync task is performed. In addition to organizing multiple OneDrive accounts in Windows 10, you can use "Remote Upload" feature to directly download torrents to Dropbox with MultCloud.
Following above methods, you can easily add multiple OneDrive Accounts in Windows 10. However, the first solution is useless for adding two personal OneDrive accounts on one computer. Luckily, the second solution with MultCloud can resolve this problem perfectly.
After reading this article, you may find MultCloud is not an application but a web-based tool, so there is no need to install it on your PC and even install it on your phone. As long as you have installed browser on your device and your device has Internet connection, you can access to MultCloud from any place to do file transfer, copy or sync operations.