Why Move Photos from Google Photos to OneDrive?
From June 1st, Google Photos has canceled its free storage tier, at which time the company will change the type of service, and any new images uploaded will take up storage space in your Google account. Some users think photos are still worth their money, and they choose to spend a certain amount of money to buy Google's services, but some users are starting to look for better or cheaper alternatives, and Microsoft OneDrive may be one of them.
Because of its integration with Office applications, OneDrive is a popular choice for business users, and it can completely replace Google Photos. You can download the application to your phone and let it automatically sync your photos to the cloud. The gallery allows images to be searched and automatically tagged based on content (just like Google Photos).
Although the free version of OneDrive is more limited, only 5GB, you can increase it to 100GB for only $2 per month. This is exactly the same price Google charges for 100GB. As part of the $7 per month (or $70 per year) plan, Microsoft 365 users can also get 1TB of storage space. This makes it a natural choice for anyone who uses Microsoft applications for work or personal purposes.
If you also have such a demand, you might have tried hard to find solutions as well because neither Google Photos nor OneDrive allows syncing with the other brands of cloud services directly. So how to transfer Google Photos to OneDrive? The following part will tell you how to easily sync Google Photos to OneDrive.
Best Way: Sync Google Photos with OneDrive without Downloading
With the professional multiple cloud storage manager, MultCloud, you neither have to download files nor worry about the Internet speed---because MultCloud allows you to directly use Google Photos and OneDrive on one platform, and the process of synchronizing runs on the server.
1. It has a clear interface and it’s very easy to use. Even novice users are able to complete the operation with a few clicks.
2. It allows you to move Google Photos to OneDrive without downloading and uploading manually, because it supports transferring files from one cloud to other directly.
3. It is very friendly for users with more data, as it supports the offline transfer. In other words, it supports running in the background even when your computer is turned off.
4. As the industry's transfer engine, its transfer speed has always been in the leading position in the industry. In other words, you no longer need to be troubled by the network, because it has a dedicated server for data transmission.
Let's have a closer look at how it works.
Step 1. Sign Up
Before doing the operations, you need to create one MultCloud account.
Step 2. Add Clouds
Click on "Add Cloud" and add Google Photos and OneDrive to MultCloud.
- You are allowed to add only one cloud at one time, so please repeat the "Add Cloud" operation if you want to add more than one cloud.
- Once you add cloud drives to MultCloud, you can use them at the same time via MultCloud.
Step 3. Sync Google Photos and OneDrive with "Cloud Sync"
"Cloud Sync" allows you quickly to achieve your goal. Click on the "Cloud Sync" icon and select Google Photos as the source and OneDrive as the destination. Then click on "Sync Now" to realize the migration.
- The operation is going to sync all the data under Google Photos to OneDrive. If you just want to sync several folders to OneDrive, you could select folders that need to sync as the source.
MultCloud currently provides 3 sync modes for free users: “Real-Time Sync”, Two-way Sync", “Simple Sync”. Among them, the Real-Time Sync is quite worthy trying since it can execute an automatic sync each time it detects changes in one of the source directories, or either source/ target cloud if you choose "Two-way Sync" then. Namely, combination of “Real-Time Sync” and "Two-way Sync" can always keep data in the source and target directory same.
If you want to experience other sync modes of MultCloud, such as “Mirror Sync”, “Move Sync”, “Cumulative Sync”, “Update Sync”, “Incremental Sync”, “Full Backup Sync”, you can upgrade your account to a premium account to use 10 threads at the same time to sync.
Common Ways: Sync Google Photos with OneDrive with Built-in Functions
In this part, two common ways will be introduced and you could choose one based on your preference to achieve on how to transfer Google Photos to OneDrive.
Solution 1: Transfer Google Photos to OneDrive via Download and Upload
Step 1: Go to the official site of Google Photos and log in your accounts.
Step 2: Select all the photos and click on the "Download" button to download them to your local PC.
Step 3: Log in OneDrive.
Step 4: Click on "Upload" to upload the files or folder.
You are able to move photos from Google Photos to OneDrive through this way but you may need to notice some tips below before you perform the operations via solution 1.
- You have to operate the task manually.
- The speed of the Internet affects the speed of downloading and uploading, so it would take you a lot of time when the data is numerous.
- It would be better to delete the downloaded files from your PC after uploading the files to OneDrive as soon as possible because they will take up the space of your local storage.
Solution 2: Transfer Google Photos to OneDrive with Google Takeout
Google Takeout, also called "Download your data", is a project that allows users of Google products to export their data from Google Photos, Google Keep, YouTube, Google Map, etc., to an archive file so that users can transfer data to local PC, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or Box. You can also backup Google Photos to OneDrive in this way.
Step 1: Go to the official site of Google Takeout and log in your accounts.
Step 2: Select Google Photos to export and click on "Next step" button.
Step 3: Select "Add to OneDrive" option as the delivery method and click on "Link account and create expert" icon.
Step 4: Accept the permissions that Google Takeout sends to you.
Step 5: Sign in your OneDrive account and move to "Files" interface and you can see the exported data from Google Photos in "Google Download Your Data" folder.
You don't have to download the files first by using Google Takeout, but when you try to migrate files with this method, you need to notice these tips.
- Solution 2 requires an uninterrupted and high speed of the Internet connection and the entire transferring process will be re-started if the Internet connection is interrupted.
- If you want to copy some large files, it might take a long time to complete.
This article introduces 3 methods on how to sync Google Photos with OneDrive, you can choose the method that you like to help you perform the operations. In addition to the "Cloud Sync" feature, MultCloud also has “Remote Upload” and "Cloud Transfer" functions.
With the “Remote Upload” function, you can download files via parsing torrent files or magnet links with MultCloud, such as download torrents directly to Google Drive. With the "Cloud Transfer" function, you can move files between cloud drives more easily.
Moreover, when using MultCloud to manage multiple OneDrive accounts, you can try other features, such as share, cut or paste, download, copy or copy to, etc., which can help you a lot.