Why Transfer Photos from OneDrive to Google Photos?
OneDrive, integrated tightly with Microsoft Office, is one of the best cloud storage services for backup files online. But it only offers 5GB of free storage space, while photos and videos usually take up most of the space, obviously, you will be crazy if there is no free space on this cloud.
Google Photos, released in May 2015, is a photo-sharing and storage service developed by Google. It gives users 15GB of free storage for photos up to 16 million pixels and videos up to 1080p resolution. This would be enough for users to save most of their photos and videos in the original without sacrificing picture quality.
In addition to storage advantages, Google Photos has the following highlights in terms of its product features:
(1) Smart image classification: Google Photos will automatically classify your content into albums. It will silently analyze your pictures based on intelligent machine-learning algorithms and group them by face, landmark, location, etc.
(2) Convenient searching: And, Google Photos provides excellent search tools, so you only need to tell Google who is on whose face when prompted, and the rest is handled by the application.
(3) Image editing: Google Photos provides basic photo editing functions for your backup photos. You can change the Light, Color, and Pop of the picture, and add some different filters. OneDrive does not provide such features.
(4) Photos enhancement: Google Photos comes with a built-in assistant, which allows you to create collages, animations, and movies from your selected photos.
Through the above comparison, it is very sensible to choose Google Photos to store images. But there comes a problem: how to copy pictures from OneDrive to Google Photos. Luckily, in this post, you will find three FREE ways to help move images from OneDrive to Google Photos.
How to Move Photos from OneDrive to Google Photos in 3 Ways?
Here are three solutions for you to choose from to move pictures from OneDrive to Google Photos.
Method 1. Download and Upload
This is a common solution that most users can think about: firstly download all photos from OneDrive to your local computer, and then upload these photos manually from the computer to Google Photos. Here are the detailed steps.
Step 1. Log in to OneDrive website.
Step 2. Create one folder and name it "My Pictures” and put your pictures into that folder.
Step 3. Click the "Download" button and wait for the downloading process to complete.
Note: After downloading your "My Pictures" folder to your local PC, it will be converted into a compressed file. Before uploading your photos to Google Photos, you need to unzip the compressed file first.
Step 4. Log in to Google Photos and click the "Upload" button and select downloaded files from your PC to upload.
Note: After the file is successfully uploaded, the system will prompt you with 2 options, namely "Create Album" and "Add to Album". You can directly select "Add to Album" to save the pictures or click the "Create Album" option to create a new album to save your photos.
Method 2. Sync Photos from OneDrive to Google Photos via Desktop Apps
How to move pictures from OneDrive to Google Photos? If you are using both the OneDrive desktop app and Google Drive for desktop app on your computer, you can move photos from OneDrive to Google Photos by the desktop apps. Google Drive for desktop allows you to upload photos to Google Photos directly.
Let’s get started to use the OneDrive desktop app and Google Drive for desktop to transfer OneDrive photos to Google Photos:
1. Please ensure you have downloaded both the desktop apps, and logged in to your account.
2. Your OneDrive folder and Google Drive folder will be automatically added to Windows File Explorer. Organize all photos in OneDrive into a folder.
3. Tap your Google Drive icon on the system tray, then choose the gear icon > Preferences > My Computer Folders from your computer > Add folder.
4. Choose the folder in OneDrive that contains all the photos, and hit Select Folder.
5. Tick Back up to Google Photos only, and hit Done > Save.
6. Then Google Drive pops up a window, showing you like this: Google Drive is downloading from OneDrive.
- There is something you should know, it probably downloading everything else even if you just choose one folder to upload to Google Photos. It’s quite time-consuming.
- Besides, you have the same photos both on OneDrive and Google Drive, you have to delete photos from OneDrive manually.
Method 3. Move Photos from OneDrive to Google Photos with MultCloud
The above traditional ways are somehow troublesome since it requires you to have enough local storage serving as transit and will cost you much time if there are a lot of pictures to migrate. Besides, the speed to move pictures from OneDrive to Google Photos mostly depends on the broadband connection.
So, many users are looking for a simple and secure method to move pictures from OneDrive to Google Photos without downloading. Yes, here we recommend a FREE third-party multiple cloud storage manager – MultCloud.
- Online Transfer: migrate data from one cloud to another without going through local storage.
- Automate: set a schedule to automatically transfer cloud data at a specific time.
- Fast: transfer files via traffic data, rather than broadband connection.
- Flexible: only transfer files with specific extensions, or skip them.
The MultCloud is able to link 30+ popular cloud drives in one platform such as OneDrive, Google Drive, Google Photos, MEGA, Dropbox, SharePoint, iCloud Photos, etc, and help transfer, sync, and back up data across those cloud services directly without downloading them to local disks first. Following is how to transfer photos from OneDrive to Google Photos step by step.
Step 1. Create a MultCloud account. It’s free of charge.
Step 2. Add a OneDrive account. In its main console, click Add Cloud on the left side and select “OneDrive” from the right cloud drive list. Then, just follow the easy guide to finish adding Google Photos to MultCloud.
Now, you can see files in both OneDrive and Google Photos displayed on MultCloud’s interface. You can move photos through the function of Cloud Sync in MultCloud.
Step 3. Click on the tab - Cloud Sync and select the folder that stores photos in OneDrive as the source folder and a folder in Google Photos as the target folder.
Step 4. Click on Sync Now to perform the task. After the sync process is complete, you can explore all photos in the Google Photos folder. What’s more, once you have created a sync task, you can also commit it or re-edit, delete, view logs, etc. from the Task List.
- You can include or exclude certain files to sync while creating the sync task, you can upgrade your account to a premium account to enable the "Filter" feature.
- You can click on Options to select the way cloud syncing: Real Time Sync, One-Way Sync, or Two-Way Sync. And there are seven sync methods in One-Way Sync.
This way allows you to transfer Google Photos to OneDrive on the contrary, just enjoy it to transfer photos between Google Photos and OneDrive.
Following any way above, you are able to move photos from OneDrive to Google Photos easily and quickly. If you prefer to use the second method--MultCloud, you can get more than what you paid since MultCloud does not only offer the cloud transfer function but also some other powerful features: “Remote Upload”, "Cloud Transfer" and "Cloud Backup".
For "Remote Upload", it can allow you to download files to target cloud drives via parsing torrent files or magnet links, such as downloading torrent files directly to MEGA cloud. With this feature, you can remotely download your favorite movies or e-books to cloud, which is very convenient!
For "Cloud Transfer", can help you transfer files across clouds directly without downloading and uploading. If you want to do all the data migration between two cloud drives, such as Box to OneDrive migration, you can make full use of it.
In addition to the three features mentioned above, MultCloud has other useful functions: share, copy, delete, upload, rename, download, paste, and so on, which can help you manage multiple accounts better in one place. For example, if you want to link multiple OneDrive accounts on the same PC without downloading the OneDrive desktop app and installing it on the PC, you can fully use those features.
MultCloud Supports Clouds
OneDrive for Business
box for Business
You May Also Like
Here, you can learn 2 ways to download URL to Dropbox, which means you can directly download web files or online files like documents, photos, videos, music, etc. to Dropbox from URLs without downloading and uploading.
You will learn 2 different ways to transfer photos from Flickr to Google Photos easily. The first and traditional way needs you to manually download and upload photos between Flickr and Google Photos, while the second and smart method allows you to migrate photos from Flickr to Google Photos effortlessly through a third-party tool, MultCloud.
Are you looking for an easy way to upload pictures from Google Drive to Google Photos? This post provides 2 ways for you, you can choose the best and easiest way to add photos from Google Photos to Google Drive.