"I have two FTP server accounts, that is to say FTP A and FTP B. I want to transfer files and folders from FTP A to FTP B directly. I know that I can download content from FTP A and re-upload to FTP B manually, but this will take a long time to complete because there are lots of files and folders under FTP A. I would like to know is there any fast way to help transfer files between FTP servers?"
Why Transfer Files between Two FTP Servers?
For professionals, FTP, also called File Transfer Protocol, is not really new to them at all. It is a standard network protocol for transferring computer files between a client and a server on a computer network. FTP is built on a client-server model architecture that uses separate control and data connections between the client and the server. As it's used to transfer data between computers on a network constituted by the clients and servers. It’s no surprise to transfer files between two remote servers because it can largely improve work efficiency.
How to Transfer Files between FTP Servers
As we all know, achiving FTP to FTP transfer by manually downloading and uploading is the most common way which will waste plenty of your time and effort. If you do not want to use this traditional method to transfer files from FTP server to FTP server, here we recommend you to try a free web-based cloud-to-cloud transfer service, MultCloud, which can help you to transfer files from one server to another directly and quickly without any extra step.
MultCloud, as its name suggests, is a multiple cloud storage manager. It is designed for managing multiple cloud drives including FTP servers by adding these clouds to it securely. In other words, it is a website built entirely to help you transfer, sync or backup files between different cloud drive services directly without downloading files to local devices. MultCloud also allows you to use its useful functions like Upload, Download, Copy, Cut, Rename, and Preview to manage files through your clouds.
Currently, MultCloud already supports more than 30+ leading cloud drive services, including Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, MEGA, Flickr, etc. And it also supports other protocols like FTP, FTPS, SFTP, WebDav, etc. In the following part, you will learn how to copy files from one FTP server to another through the simplest way.
Step 1: Sign up MultCloud for free. You could click "Try without signing up" to enter MultCloud permanently without your username and password.
Step 2: Add your FTP accounts to MultCloud by clicking on "Add Cloud" and following the guidance of the pop-up window.
- To distinguish between these two FTP accounts, you can name your first FTP account as FTP 1 and another FTP account as FTP 2.
- You can follow step 2 to add other of your cloud drives to MultCloud as well.
Step 3: Click on "Cloud Transfer", select your FTP 1 account as the source, then select your FTP 2 account as the destination.
Step 4: Click on the button "Transfer Now" and the process will begin by itself.
- Since MultCloud supports offline transfer which means the transfer task will be performed by the background program of MultCloud, you can close the website or even close your computer as long as the task starts.
- If you are going to transfer files from FTP server to FTP server automatically and periodically, you could open the "Options" window and set daily, weekly or monthly scheduled transfer task.
- MultCloud sets no limit on the speed of data transfer so you can transfer from FTP to FTP fast. However, if you upgrade your MultCloud account to a higher level, the transfer speed will be increased amazingly because you will get 8 additional threads instead of only 2 to transfer data through.
As you can see through the above instruction, MultCloud has the ability to help you transfer files between FTP servers in just 4 easy steps, which saves you a lot of time on file transfer compared to complicated downloading and uploading with unstable network.
Apart from "Cloud Transfer", MultCloud also allows you to sync and backup files between clouds or straightly share files from your clouds in it. If you want to sync FTP to Google Drive and other of your clouds, you can make full use of the feature called Cloud Sync with the similar steps given above. Anf if you are trying to share files from FTP server to your friends, you are able to share through 3 different modes such as Public Share, Private Share, and Source Share in MultCloud.