If you are a web host or a server administrator, FTP transfer is no stranger to you. Usually, the FTP client on your own computer works well, but not always on other computers, for example, your friend’s computer. However, in this article, we are talking about FTP to FTP file transfer online. Read below to learn more detailed information about it.
About FTP to FTP Transfer Online
Assuming that you plan to transfer, sync or backup files from other servers to your server. Other servers maybe not only one. One thing we can ensure is that the volume of files is big, otherwise, it won’t be a problem.
For big volume, downloading files from the original server and re-uploading them to your server is impossible. One reason is that storage space as transfer station needs to have enough free space, another reason is that the two processes need much time to complete. So there comes a question: is there any way they can directly perform FTP to FTP transfer?
The answer is yes! Here, you can try a free web-app named MultCloud. For MultCloud, it's a multiple cloud storage manager that can transfer files from one cloud to another directly from one platform. Currently, MultCloud supports almost 32 cloud drives.
Supported cloud drives below:
Dropbox, Dropbox for Business, Google Drive, G Suite, Google Photos, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, MEGA, Flickr, FTP, Box, pCloud, Amazon S3, SugarSync, Hubic, Evernote, CloudMe, Cubby, MyDrive, WEB.DE, Yandex, HiDrive, MySQL, MediaFire, ownCloud, ADrive, BaiDu, NAS and WebDav, FTP/SFTP etc.
In addition to the point mentioned above, MultCloud also supports 3 main functions:
- Cloud Transfer: This function can support you to transfer files between multiple cloud drives, especially suitable for big data migration operations, such as Box to OneDrive migration;
- Cloud Sync: If you are worried about data loss and damage, you can use this function to directly sync data from one cloud drive to another cloud drive;
- Remote Upload: There are many good-looking movies that support download locally via torrent links and magnetic links. You can use the “Remote Upload” function to directly download your favorite movies to the corresponding cloud drive to generate your own favorite movie library, such as download torrent files directly to MEGA cloud.
With the help of MultCloud, it can help you easily transfer FTP files from one server to another online.
How to Effortlessly Perform FTP to FTP transfer?
Read below parts to learn how to transfer data from FTP to another account.
Step 1. Create One MultCloud Account
Step 2. Add Your FTP Accounts to MultCloud
- To distinguish these two accounts, you can name them as FTP 1 and FTP 2 respectively when adding accounts.
- After adding your FTP accounts to MultCloud, you can see all files via MultCloud’s interface and do some changes such as delete, rename, preview, share, download and so on.
Step 3. Transfer Files between FTP Servers via “Copy” or “Copy to”
Open your FTP account, select target files that need to transfer, then right click the blank area, select “Copy” or “Copy to” from context menu to transfer files between FTP servers. If you select “Copy”, you need to open your FTP 2 account and paste these files to the destination under FTP 2 account. If you select “Copy to” option, it will appear a pop-up window that can be seen below.
Our purpose is to transfer from FTP 1 to FTP 2, so in this window, we should choose “FTP 2” and then click "OK" button.
Note: If you tick "Muti-select" button, you can transfer files to multiple destinations at the same time.
As you can see, MultCloud handles the FTP to FTP transfer online without downloading in just 3 steps. In a word, it is an excellent free multiple cloud manage applications that allows you to cloud sync, backup and transfer. It's worth to have a try.