Why Sync Files from FTP to Google Drive?
For some product marketing companies, the FTP server provides support for the company’s data maintenance by saving important data content. If someone makes the corresponding content modification in an FTP server, and there is no corresponding record for backtracking, then the company will encounter economic losses due to data loss, so it is crucial to do a good job of data backup.
After syncing FTP data to a safe cloud storage service, such as Google Drive, the company can perform the corresponding data backtracking and perform data restoration from Google Drive to reduce losses if the server encounters a data loss.
Besides, FTP is a professional file transfer tool, in order to use it well to store and transfer data, users need to have a lot of professional knowledge. And, compared to Google Drive, FTP does not provide file editing tools and other suites that can be integrated, so to better handle stored files or folders, users can sync FTP data to Google Drive.
Common Way to Sync FTP to Google Drive
How do you sync or transfer files from FTP to Google Drive? As far as we know, many people choose to sync files from FTP to Google Drive through FileZilla or other tools manually.
These software applications can connect to all popular cloud storage services, including Google Drive, Google Photos, Dropbox and Amazon S3. And these applications can perform remote sync, which allows you to sync files and folders from an FTP server to any cloud service and vice versa.
But in the process of using these desktop programs to sync files, users have to manually perform the operation steps accordingly. And people always make mistakes, don't they? In this way, some crucial data will likely be lost or forgotten, and this will be a big loss for some users who use Google Drive as a tool for storing company-level projects, videos, or websites.
To avoid losses, many people may want to get a better tool that can sync their files from FTP to Google Drive continuously and automatically. At this moment, a free multiple cloud storage manager---MultCloud may be able to bring you a different experience!
Easiest Way to Sync FTP to Google Drive
MultCloud, as an online cloud storage manager, not only allows you to create automated file syncing workflows similar to other tools, but also supports excellent file transfer functions between multiple cloud drives, so file syncing is a piece of cake for MultCloud! With the functions provided in MultCloud, you can:
- Consolidate cloud storage to be more productive. Combine all available cloud storage in any cloud to "expand" more available space at your disposal.
- Be convenient to manage all clouds. Integrate your multiple cloud storage services in one place to batch transfer, sync or backup files between different clouds in a simple, fast and secure way.
- Be feel free to share any cloud file. Break through the limitations of the cloud and give you complete freedom to share all your cloud content at will.
- Prevent cloud data loss. Schedule automatic cloud-to-cloud backups regularly to keep your cloud drive data safe.
During file syncing and transferring, MultCloud only takes you a little time and energy, so you can easily complete file syncing in only 4 steps:
Step 1. Sign Up
Enter MultCloud: https://www.multcloud.com and sign up for an account with your email or just create a temporary account by clicking on “Try without signing up”.
Step 2. Add Google Drive to MultCloud
Log in MultCloud with your email and password, hit the “Add Cloud” to select Google Drive to add, and follow the guidance to complete cloud adding.
Step 3. Add FTP to MultCloud
Add FTP to MultCloud in the same way and go to the next step. Allow MultCloud to get your FTP server address, FTP username, and FTP password when accessing FTP.
- Before proceeding with file operations, please make sure you have read/write permissions, otherwise, MultCloud may not be able to sync files from FTP.
- Make sure there is enough space for your operation because MultCloud cannot temporarily identify its size.
Step 4. Sync Google Drive with FTP
Click “Cloud Sync” to select FTP to choose the directory file you want to sync and select Google Drive to choose the target directory. Then, hit “Sync Now” to complete the cloud-to-cloud sync task.
- If you want to automatically sync files from FTP to Google Drive regularly, you can enable "Schedule" and MultCloud can run your tasks as scheduled.
- If the data you sync is very large and it takes a lot of time, you can close the web page when the task starts because MC supports offline file sync.
In conclusion, Multcloud provides a free online “Cloud Sync” function to sync FTP to Google Drive for better data backup. It can provide users with a good experience for data maintenance by quickly, continuously, and automatically syncing files online in 4 steps. If there is data loss, you can try to find the missing data from your Google Drive to greatly reduce the economic loss of the company or individual.
For the realization of data backtracking, some people are likely to back up their important files in many cloud drives to avoid data loss of a cloud drive due to some force majeure. And if you have many cloud accounts, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Photos, and Amazon S3, you can try to add them to MultCloud to achieve cloud-to-cloud transfer, sync and backup to guarantee the data security. MultCloud makes data safer!