The reasons for sync files between Google Drive and Dropbox
As you know, Google Drive and Dropbox are two popular cloud drives. They are different in many aspects including price, volume, features, performance etc, thus you may have the two clouds. In such circumstance, it is possible that you want to give up one and transfer all files to another drive or backup files in one drive to another. Based on your specific situation, you can choose to sync Google Drive to Dropbox or Dropbox to Google Drive.
Sync Google Drive with Dropbox in an easy way
It is available to sync files between Google Drive and Dropbox using download and upload features of Cloud drives. However, the whole process can be energy-consuming and time-wasting. Here a free web-based cloud storage drive manager, MultCloud is highly recommended, which enable you to sync clouds covering Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box and so on. Then, have a closer look at how to sync Google Drive with Dropbox using MultCloud (Take syncing Google Drive files to Dropbox as an example).
Step 1. Enter http://www.multcloud.com to create a MultCloud account freely and Sign in. If you already have a MultCloud account, you can directly click “Sign in”.
Step 2. Add Google Drive account in MultCloud. And then, add Dropbox account in MultCloud.
Step 3. Click “Cloud Sync” to enter the following window.
Step 4. Click “CLICK SOURCE” to add Google Drive as source and click “CLICK DESTINATION” to add Dropbox as destination. Then, click Sync Now to commit sync task.
1. Click “Options”. In the pop-up window, under “General” tab, you can choose your favorite one among different synchronization.
- For One-way Sync, you can choose from Simple Sync, Mirror Sync, Move Sync, Cumulative Sync, Update Sync, Incremental Backup Sync and All Backup Sync. .
- If you need replicate added, modified and deleted files in the source directory to the target directory and replicateadded, modified and deleted files in the target directory to source directly, choose Two-way sync.
2. Under “Email” tab, you can choose to tick the box before Send email notification when completing this task.
3. Under “Filter” tab, you can specify the files that you need to exclude or include.
After syncing, you can enter task manager to manager your sync task.
Wrap things up
From all above, you can realize that it is a nice choice to apply MultCloud if you need to sync Google Drive with Dropbox. In fact, MultCloud is featured with other helpful features. For instance, it enables you to backup, move or copy files from one cloud to another.