Can I Move Google Photos to OneDrive?
“I have stored a lot of photos on Google Photos. Now, I would like to move all my photos from Google Photos to OneDrive to back up these photos. But I don’t want to suffer from downloading all photos from Google Photos to a local drive and then uploading them to OneDrive. How can I transfer Google Photos to OneDrive in an easier way? Any advice will be appreciated!”
Best Service to Move Google Photos to OneDrive without Downloading
The most common solution we can think of is to use the download-and-upload function provided by the cloud drive itself. All downloaded pictures from Google Photos will be zipped. Before uploading to OneDrive, you need to unzip them first. Besides, this method has a limit of up to 500 images and/or videos that can be downloaded at one time. If you have more than 500 images and/or videos, you will need to repeat the process until they are all downloaded.
To evade all inconvenience of manually downloading and uploading when you copy Google Photos to OneDrive, we highly recommend to apply an online cloud file manager like MultCloud, which enables you to transfer photos between different cloud drives directly without downloading and re-uploading process.
MultCloud has an intuitive and user-friendly interface, therefore, it is very easy to use. Since it is a free web-based application, you don’t have to install an additional application on your computer. It has features and advantages as below:
- cloud to cloud transfer feature can be used directly on the web. Therefore, you no longer need to download files from one cloud first, then upload them to another cloud.
- The offline sync enables you to sync Google Photos to OneDrive in the background even though your computer is powered off.
- The multi-threaded transfer allows you to transfer multiple pictures or videos at once, which will greatly improve your work efficiency.
- "File Filter" features can help you exclude certain types of files or contain only specified types of files when performing the transfer.
- As the leading cloud transfer engine in the market, it has a stable and competitive transfer speed to execute transfer task.
- It supports more than 30+ leading cloud storage services, including Google Drive, Google Workspace, Google Drive Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Photos, MEGA, Flickr, Amazon S3, etc., and MultCloud can manage multiple cloud storage accounts in one place.
- The authorization system of MultCloud is based on OAuth, which is a standard authorization framework that enables third-party applications to access multiple cloud accounts without the username and password required. And you no longer need to worry about important data loss.
Steps of Moving Google Photos to OneDrive
Step 1. To make use of MultCloud to transfer Google Photos to OneDrive, enter the official website of MultCloud, create a free account, and sign in.
Step 2. Click “Add Cloud”, and choose Google Photos to add. Then add the OneDrive account to MultCloud using the same way.
Note: If you have several OneDrive accounts to add, you need to sign in to each account through OneDrive's official website first, then go back to MultCloud to add.
Step 3. After adding Google Photos and OneDrive in MultCloud, click “Cloud Transfer” at the toolbar. In the “Cloud Transfer” interface, click the “FROM” interface to select the directory you want to transfer from Google Photos, and click the “TO” interface to select the target directory you want to save the files to OneDrive.
Step 4. Having selected Google Photos as the source directory and OneDrive as the destination place, you can click “Transfer Now” to commit your task.
- The “Options” make it possible to send email notifications, exclude certain files from being transferred and etc.
- The “Schedule” enables one to perform the task once, daily, weekly, or monthly.
- MultCloud doesn't have any limits on the size and how many files can be transferred. If you have a lot of files to move, you can transfer all of them at once.
After moving Google Photos to OneDrive, click the “Task List” button to enter the interface where all tasks will be listed. Here are five options for you: Schedule, Options, Delete, and View Logs.
2 Common Ways of Moving Google Photos to OneDrive
Apart from taking the help of MultCloud, you can also try the following 2 traditional ways to transfer Google Photos to OneDrive
Way 1. Download and Upload
First of all, the inbuilt "Download" and "Upload" feature is worth trying. Easy to follow, but require stable network connection and power supply.
Step 1. Visit Google Photos official site and log in your accounts.
Step 2: Select all the photos and click on the "Download" button. Then they will be downloaded to your local PC.
Step 3: Log in OneDrive. Click on "Upload" to upload photos on your local PC.
Way 2. Google Takeout
Google Takeout is a free tool used to export Google data, including mail, Drive content, calendars, browser bookmarks, and even your activity on YouTube. You can export all your pictures on Google Photos and transfer them to OneDrive.
Step 1. Go to the official site of Google Takeout and log in your accounts. Select Google Photos to export and click on "Next step" button.
Step 2. In the delivery method, choose "Add to OneDrive" and click on "Link account and create expert" icon.
Step 4: Accept the permissions. When it's done, sign in your OneDrive account and click on "Files" and you can see the exported data from Google Photos in "Google Download Your Data" folder.
Obviously, you canmore than one options to move Google Photos to OneDrive. Which one to choose finally depends on your specific requirements. If you want to transfer photos from Google Photos to OneDrive without downloading, MultCloud is what you need. Moreover, it also allows you to transfer files even after the power is off. What’s more, MultCloud also has a “Remote Upload” function and a "Cloud Sync" feature in addition to "Cloud Transfer".
For the “Remote Upload” function, If you want to upload to Google Drive from URL, you can use this feature. For "Cloud Sync", can help create sync relationships across cloud drives. If you want to sync Google Photos to OneDrive, you can use "Cloud Sync".
Also, MultCloud supports "Upload", "Download", "Copy", "Copy to", "Share", “Delete” and other functions. You can do these operations like you process files through the cloud drive itself, which is convenient for you to manage cloud data better.