Can I Move Photos from Google Photos to OneDrive?
“I have stored a lot of photos on Google Photos. Now, I would like to transfer all my photos from Google Photos to OneDrive to back up these photos. But I don’t want to suffer from downloading all photos from Google Photos to a local drive and then uploading them to OneDrive. How can I transfer Google Photos to OneDrive in an easier way? Any advice will be appreciated!”
How to Move Google Photos to OneDrive?
The most common solution we can think of is to use the download-and-upload function provided by the cloud drive itself.
Solution 1. Download and Upload
Step 1. Open Google Photos official website and log in with your Google account.
Step 2. Select multiple photos that you want to move to OneDrive.
Step 3. Click "More options" (three dots in the top-right corner) at the top right.
Step 4. Click the "Download" button from the pop-up window.
Step 5. Log in your OneDrive account, select "Upload", select "Folder" and select the downloaded folder to upload.
- When downloading pictures from Google Photos, they will be downloaded into a zip file. Before uploading to OneDrive, you need to unzip this file first.
- This method has a limit of up to 500 images and/or videos that can be downloaded at one time. If you have more than 500 images and/or videos, you will need to repeat the process until they are all downloaded.
In addition to this method, there is a free and very easy-to-use solution, which is to use MultCloud. You will find it in the following part of this article.
Solution 2. Move Google Photos to OneDrive with MultCloud
Sometimes, it is really troublesome and time-consuming to copy Google Photos to OneDrive via downloading and uploading if there are thousands of pictures to download. At this point, it is recommended to apply an online cloud file manager like MultCloud, which enables you to transfer photos between different cloud drives, including Google Photos and OneDrive.
MultCloud has an intuitive and user-friendly interface, therefore, it is very easy to use. Since it is a free web-based application, you don’t have to install an additional application on your computer. It has features and advantages as below:
- cloud to cloud transfer feature can be used directly on the web. Therefore, you no longer need to download files from one cloud first, then upload them to another cloud.
- The offline sync enables you to sync Google Photos to OneDrive in the background even though your computer is powered off.
- The multi-threaded transfer allows you to transfer multiple pictures or videos at once, which will greatly improve your work efficiency.
- "File Filter" features can help you exclude certain types of files or contain only specified types of files when performing the transfer.
- As the leading cloud transfer engine in the market, it has a stable and competitive transfer speed to execute transfer task.
- It supports more than 30+ leading cloud storage services, including Google Drive, Google Workspace, Google Drive Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Photos, MEGA, Flickr, Amazon S3, etc., and MultCloud can manage multiple cloud storage accounts in one place.
- The authorization system of MultCloud is based on OAuth, which is a standard authorization framework that enables third-party applications to access multiple cloud accounts without the username and password required. And you no longer need to worry about important data loss.
Step 1. To make use of MultCloud to move pictures from Google Photos to OneDrive, enter the official website of MultCloud, create a free account, and sign in.
Step 2. Click “Add Cloud”, and choose Google Photos to add. Then add the OneDrive account to MultCloud using the same way.
Note: If you have several OneDrive accounts to add, you need to sign in to each account through OneDrive's official website first, then go back to MultCloud to add.
Step 3. After adding Google Photos and OneDrive in MultCloud, click “Cloud Transfer” at the toolbar. In the “Cloud Transfer” interface, click the “FROM” interface to select the directory you want to transfer from Google Photos, and click the “TO” interface to select the target directory you want to save the files to OneDrive.
Step 4. Having selected Google Photos as the source directory and OneDrive as the destination place, you can click “Transfer Now” to commit your task.
- The “Options” make it possible to send email notifications, exclude certain files from being transferred and etc.
- The “Schedule” enables one to perform the task once, daily, weekly, or monthly.
- MultCloud doesn't have any limits on the size and how many files can be transferred. If you have a lot of files to move, you can transfer all of them at once.
After moving Google Photos to OneDrive, click the “Task List” button to enter the interface where all tasks will be listed. Here are five options for you: Schedule, Options, Delete, and View Logs.
Obviously, you can move Google Photos to OneDrive easily using the above methods. If MultCloud is your choice, it also allows you to transfer files even after the power is off. What’s more, from the main interface of MultCloud, we know MultCloud has a “Remote Upload” function and a "Cloud Sync" feature in addition to "Cloud Transfer".
For the “Remote Upload” function, If you want to upload to Google Drive from URL, you can use this feature. For "Cloud Sync", can help create sync relationships across cloud drives. If you want to sync Google Photos to OneDrive, you can use "Cloud Sync".
Also, MultCloud supports "Upload", "Download", "Copy", "Copy to", "Share", “Delete” and other functions. You can do these operations like you process files through the cloud drive itself, which is convenient for you to manage cloud data better.