Why Migrate Dropbox to Google Workspace?
Google Workspace (formerly known as G Suite) has become one of the world's best cloud office suites, going head-to-head with Microsoft 365, Box, Dropbox for business, and more. By rebranding G Suite as Google Workspace, Google puts many more wonderful features such as Google Drive, Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Docs, etc. to make this online collaboration suite attractive.
Comparing with Google Workspace, Dropbox seems to be less powerful when it comes to enterprise collaboration. Because if you want to achieve the same online editing and sharing features with Dropbox, you may have to use other brands of office applications which can connect to Dropbox well.
So, if you want to enjoy or your company need to work together with office suites like video conference, live chat, multi-channel communication, team calendars, or template management, you’d better learn about cloud to cloud migration to migrate Dropbox to Google Workspace fast without concern.
MultCloud as Dropbox to Google Workspace Migration Tool
Certainly, you can use the old traditional method to migrate data from Dropbox to Google Workspace, which is to download files from Dropbox and re-upload these data to Google Workspace all by yourself with unstable network and annoying steps. If you only need to migrate a small number of files from Dropbox to Google Workspace, this method may be able to help you.
However, if you or your company need to migrate all the data from Dropbox to Google Workspace at once, using this method to transfer Dropbox to Google Workspace may become your nightmare. Because it will spend you so much time and energy to wait for the process to be done. What’s more, your important business data may be at high risk of data loss during this kind of Dropbox to Google Workspace migration.
In order to prevent from data loss while migrating Dropbox to Google Workspace easily, you can ask for some third-party tools’ help. If you want to get a great experience on how to migrate Dropbox to Google Workspace while keeping data in safe, you can try a third-party cloud file manager called MultCloud for free.
MultCloud is designed to help you manage multiple cloud storage accounts with more than 30 major brands in one interface. With MultCloud, you can transfer data across all the clouds you add without downloading and uploading for free.
• Add Unlimited Number of Clouds to Manage
You can add and manage unlimited number of cloud accounts in MultCloud for completely free.
• Automatically Migrate Dropbox to Google Workspace
You can set up daily, weekly, or monthly scheduled cloud file transfer plan to let MultCloud migrate data from Dropbox to Google Workspace automatically and periodically.
• Seamlessly Protect Data During Dropbox to Google Workspace Migration
MultCloud uses 256-bit AES Encryption to protect your data from being damaged or lost during migration. MultCloud also uses OAuth authorization system to link your clouds without recording the username and password.
• Multifunctional Features to Manage Cloud Drive Services
According to your diverse needs on cloud file management, MultCloud provides excellent features to you such as Cloud Transfer, Cloud Sync, Cloud Backup, Remote Upload, Sub-accounts Management, etc. What’s more, you could use Upload, Download, Copy, Cut, Preview, and Rename, which are the same as those built-in function of cloud drive, to manage files among different cloud without switching accounts.
How to Migrate Dropbox to Google Workspace Easily in 2 Ways
Among all the fascinating functions of MultCloud, “Cloud Transfer” and “Copy to” functions are the most professional ones to help you migrate files from Dropbox to Google Workspace with a few clicks.
- Cloud Transfer: With a single click, you can transfer Dropbox to Google Workspace at once with some additional options and schedule.
- Copy to: With “Multi-select”, you can migrate Dropbox to more than one destination at the same time. But you won’t be able to set up options and schedule under this function.
To figure out how to migrate from Dropbox to Google Workspace with MultCloud, you can look through the step-by-step instructions below carefully and choose the most suitable method you like to migrate from Dropbox to Google Workspace.
Method 1. Achieve Dropbox to Google Workspace Migration by Cloud Transfer
Step 1. Sign up MultCloud for free.
- Click “Try without signing up” to get a temp account and enter without signing in.
- You are allowed to sign up with Google or Facebook accounts as well.
Step 2. Add cloud to MultCloud by clicking “Add Cloud”. Choose Dropbox and follow the pop-up window to add it to MultCloud. Then repeat this step to add Google Workspace to MultCloud as well.
Tips: If you choose “Google Workspace” to add, actually you add the “My Drive” folder of Google Workspace to MultCloud. If you want to add the “Shared Drive” or “Shared with me” folders of Google Workspace account as well, please choose and add them respectively.
Step 3. Enter “Cloud Transfer” page from the left sidebar, select Dropbox or files and folders in this account as the source, then select an admin folder or its subfolder of Google Workspace as the destination.
Step 4. Choose “Options” and “Schedule” if you need.
- Options-Transfer: Choose actions to let MultCloud treat with source and destination files differently.
- Options-Email: Turn on to let MultCloud inform you through an email notification when the task is done.
- Options-Filter: After subscribing, MultCloud can help you ignore or only migrate files with certain file extensions.
- Schedule: Choose a certain time and period to achieve automatic Dropbox to Google Workspace migration.
Step 5. Click “Transfer Now” and the migration will start immediately.
- MultCloud supports offline transfer and will perform tasks in background, which means you can close the website or shut down your device after step 5 if you have other work to complete.
- MultCloud offers 30 GB traffic per month free for all users to transfer data through. But as an enterprise user as you may be, you could upgrade to premium account and get traffic from 150 GB per month to unlimited traffic according to the subscription plan with lightning-fast transfer speed. (Plus, the higher the subscription level goes, the more cost-effective the price is.)
Method 2. Migrate Dropbox to Google Workspace by “Copy to”
Step 1. Open Dropbox from “My Cloud Drives” list, tick the files and folders you’d like to migrate from Dropbox to Google Workspace.
Step 2. Click “Copy to” in the feature bar above, tick an admin folder or its subfolder of Google Workspace and click “OK”.
Step 3. Switch to Google Workspace account in MultCloud to find out the migrated files successfully.
Tip: Click “Multi-select” if you need to migrate Dropbox to more destinations at the same time.
This article provides two simple and reliable methods for you to migrate Dropbox to Google Workspace in the most time-saving ways. You can choose the way to like to do Box to Google Workspace migration and others as well.
Apart from setting up automatic Dropbox to Google Workspace migration, you can also use MultCloud to sync two Dropbox accounts with 1 of 10 great sync modes, including Incremental Sync, Two-way Sync, Real Time Sync, Mirror Sync, etc.