About Dropbox for Business and G Suite
Dropbox for Business is an enterprise cloud storage solution designed to meet the needs of large organizations. The main functions include administration, user management, unlimited file version control, file recovery, etc. Due to security and enterprise-level features and a simple Dropbox interface for end users, Dropbox for Business has been widely adopted by many large organizations.
G Suite is a set of cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tool and it's renamed version of Google Apps for Work and is a suite for all major Google applications (such as Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, etc.). GSuite is also widely used in many large company environments, small and medium-sized companies. By connecting to Gmail, Google Calendar, Google plus and Google Hangouts, G Suite provides a complete collaborative working environment. Millions of corporate customers have used G Suite for their business.
Why Migrate from Dropbox for Business to G Suite?
It’s really hard for us to tell which one is better to use because each cloud has its unique features. However, if there are a lots of files that need to store in your company, then you can select G Suite as your cloud storage tool because it offers unlimited space as long as you have more than 5 users on this plan while Dropbox for Business Plus plan offers 2TB space and it does not have unlimited space plan. In addition to space, G Suite has the following features that Dropbox for Business does not have:
- Everything is backed up instantly & sharing/collaborating is really easy.
- Fully integrated solution for users with email, documents & file storage.
- Pretty much maintenance free. Allows users to operate virtually with no IT staff.
So, for these organizations who have been using Dropbox for Business to store work files, projects, etc but the space is getting less now and need to reduce costs, it’s sensible to select G Suite as Dropbox for Business alternative.
But there comes a question on how to move from Dropbox for Business to G Suite without downloading and uploading so that all users can be transferred into G Suite directly? Luckily, here in this article we will introduce a FREE cloud transfer service, MultCloud, to help achieve Dropbox for Business to G Suite migration.
Why Choose MultCloud?
As on online cloud to cloud transfer tool, MultCloud can not only help transfer files from one cloud to others directly without downloading and uploading, but also supports syncing files across cloud drives. The main features of MultCloud are as follows:
- It supports transferring/syncing large data in one go.
- It's completely free to use.
- It's easy to manage cloud drive accounts together from one place within one account.
- It supports transferring, syncing or backing up files in the backupground even through the broswer has closed.
- It supports saving web files directly to cloud drive.
How to Migrate from Dropbox for Business to G Suite with MultCloud?
In this part, we will offer you detailed steps about how to achieve this operation.
Step 1. Create One MultCloud Account
Create one MultCloud account or you can click “Experience without signing up” option to get a temp account so you can test it.
Step 2. Add Clouds
Click “Dropbox for Business”cloud from listed clouds and follow the instruction to complete adding your Dropbox for Business account to MultCloud.
And add your G Suite to MultCloud following the instruction below.
- The connection between G Suite and MultCloud is only available for G Suite administrator.
- Before adding G Suite to MultCloud, you need to log in G Suite official website first.
- You need to install “Cloud Transfer---MultCloud" first through G Suite Marketplace app and install it through “DOMAIN INSTALL”.
- After that, go back to MultCloud to add your G Suite to MultCloud.
Step 3. Migrate between Dropbox for Business to G Suite with “Cloud Transfer”
Go to “Cloud Transfer”, select whole Dropbox for Business as the source, select directory to store these users under G Suite as the destination, click “Transfer Now” and wait for the process to complete.
- If you want to transfer some users(members) only under Dropbox for Business, you could select these users manaully through “Multi-selection”.
- G Suite cannot be selected as the destination while creating the task. You need to select its subdirectory as the destination path.
You can easily migrate from Dropbox for Business to G suite within just three steps. In addition to “Cloud Transfer” feature, MultCloud also has “Cloud Explorer” and “Cloud Sync”.
For “Cloud Explorer”, it can help you connect all your clouds to MultCloud. If you want to manage several OneDrive accounts on same PC, you can make full use of it. For “Cloud Sync”, it can help you create sync relationships between cloud drives. Whenever people add, modify or delete files on one of their cloud drives, the files will also be synced to the destination cloud. If you want to sync Google Photos with OneDrive, you can use it.