Wasabi and OneDrive
OneDrive or Microsoft OneDrive is a file hosting and synchronization service launched by Microsoft in 2007. It provides convenience for users to store files, personal data and share files. Each user can get 5 GB of free storage space by registering an account. For more storage space, users can purchase different paid versions such as 100 GB, 1 TB and 6 TB. If there are higher file management needs, users can also try to buy the business version of OneDrive.
Wasabi is a file hosting and cloud storage service launched in 2017 by Wasabi Technologies Incorporation. It is also known as Wasabi Hot Storage or Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage. Similar to Amazon S3, Wasabi also provides an object storage service. But Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage is 1/5 the price of Amazon S3, with faster file uploads and downloads and no API requests.
In general, the main differences between OneDrive and Wasabi are as follows:
|Free Storage Space
|No free storage, but a 30-day free trial
|Wasabi offers unlimited storage for the paid version.
|OneDrive offers up to 5 TB of storage for the paid version.
|Maximum File Size
|File hosting and cloud storage service.
|File hosting and cloud storage service.
Why Need to Transfer Files from Wasabi to OneDrive?
Today, online cloud storage is the most popular type of storage for people. Also, many users have multiple cloud accounts belonging to the same or different cloud brands. Common cloud services include OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Wasabi, etc. Sometimes, cloud users plan to transfer from Wasabi to OneDrive for the following reasons:
- OneDrive offers free cloud space (5 GB), while Wasabi does not.
- OneDrive offers more storage plans (100 GB: $1.99/month; 1 TB: $6.99/month; 6 TB: $9.99/month) than Wasabi.
- OneDrive integrates better with Microsoft Office.
- Users need to move their work documents from the Wasabi account to the OneDrive cloud for more convenient editing.
- The Wasabi account is running out of space, while OneDrive has a lot of storage space.
- Some important data needs to be backed up, and users need to transfer data from Wasabi to OneDrive.
How to Transfer Files from Wasabi to OneDrive
As we all know, neither Wasabi nor the Microsoft OneDrive app support entry to migrate data to each other. To transfer files directly from Wasabi to OneDrive, you need to resort to other means. In the following section, we will provide you with two feasible ways to achieve Wasabi to OneDrive migration.
Solution 1: Copy Files from Wasabi to OneDrive by Download & Upload
Step 1. Log in to your Wasabi account and go to the "Buckets" interface.
Step 2. Find the file you need to download in a bucket and select it. Click on the three-dot symbol in the upper right corner, then click the "Download As" button.
Step 3. Fill in the file download type in the pop-up window and click "DOWNLOAD".
- Because permissions are different for each file in Wasabi, you can only download one file at a time during the download process.
- If your Wasabi account is a sub-account, you need to make sure you have permission to download the file before downloading.
Step 4. Sign in to your OneDrive account.
Step 5. Click the "Upload" button to upload the file to your OneDrive account and wait for the process to complete.
Solution 2: Automatically Transfer Files from Wasabi to OneDrive with MultCloud
If you want to quickly move files from Wasabi to OneDrive while keeping your data safe, you can try the free and professional cloud file manager service, MultCloud. With this tool, you can move files between cloud services without logging into two clouds, and without downloading and re-uploading steps.
Compared with other methods, MultCloud mainly has the following features and advantages:
- The "Cloud Transfer" function can be used directly on the network. So, you no longer need to download files from one cloud and then upload them to another cloud.
- Offline transfer lets you move files from Wasabi to OneDrive in the background, even when your computer is turned off.
- Multi-threaded transfers allow you to transfer multiple files at once, which will greatly improve your productivity.
- The "Filter" feature can help you exclude certain types of files or include only specified types of files when performing a transfer.
- As a market-leading cloud transfer engine, it has a stable and competitive transfer speed to perform transfer tasks.
- Supporting more than 30+ leading cloud storage services, including Google Drive, Google Workspace, Dropbox, Wasabi, OneDrive, Google Photos, MEGA, Flickr, Amazon S3, and more, MultCloud can manage multiple cloud storage accounts in one place.
- MultCloud's authorization system is based on OAuth. This is a standard authorization framework that enables third-party applications to access multiple cloud accounts without usernames and passwords. And you no longer need to worry about losing important data.
The core functions provided by MultCloud mainly include Cloud Transfer, Team Transfer, Cloud Sync, Cloud Backup, and Remote Upload. To quickly and securely transfer data from Wasabi to OneDrive, you need to use the "Cloud Transfer" feature. The following are the detailed operation steps.
Step 1. Sign up for MultCloud for free. Sign up for an account with your email, or authorize login with your existing Google and Facebook accounts.
Step 2. Add Wasabi and OneDrive. After creating an account, log into their platform. In the main panel, click the "Add Cloud" tab on the left and select the name of the cloud drive you want to add. Then, follow the simple guide to complete the cloud drive addition.
Note: If you don't know how to add Wasabi to MultCloud, go to your Wasabi and go to Access Keys > CREATE NEW ACCESS KEY > Root User > CREATE. Next, you need to copy the keys and add them to the corresponding locations.
Step 3. Transfer Wasabi to OneDrive using Cloud Transfer. Now, go to the "Cloud Transfer" tab and specify the source as Wasabi or a folder in it and the destination as OneDrive or a folder in it. Finally, click on "Transfer Now" and wait for the process to complete.
- "Cloud Transfer" not only lets you transfer certain files from Wasabi to your OneDrive account but also lets you transfer files from OneDrive to Wasabi. You just set OneDrive as the source and Wasabi as the destination.
- If you have very large data to transfer, for super-fast transfer speeds, you can also upgrade your account to a premium account so that MultCloud uses 10 threads to transfer your files across clouds.
- If you need to delete source files after migrating Wasabi to OneDrive, simply check "Delete All Source Files after Transfer is Complete" in the "Options" window.
Following any of the above methods, you can easily transfer files from Wasabi to OneDrive. And, you can also enjoy other advanced features if you use MultCloud.
In addition to the "Cloud Transfer" feature, MultCloud also provides Team Transfer, Cloud Sync, Cloud Backup, and Remote Upload. With these features, you can easily achieve cross-cloud file transfers and remote uploads. For example, you can use Remote Upload to download torrents directly to Google Drive.
As a browser application, MultCloud requires no download and installation. Just go into the browser and you can use all the features it offers, which indirectly saves a lot of local space. That is to say, as long as there is a network connection, you can use desktops, laptops, laptops, iPad, mobile phones and other devices to complete cloud file migration.
MultCloud Supports Clouds
OneDrive for Business
box for Business