Difference between OneDrive and pCloud
OneDrive or Microsoft OneDrive is a file hosting and sync service provided by Microsoft. Currently, OneDrive provides 5 GB of free storage space, which provides great convenience for users to store files, personal data, and share files. Among many cloud storage services, OneDrive provides higher security for data storage and is more suitable for professional workers to store work-related data.
pCloud is a file sharing and cloud storage service provided by pCloud AG. In addition to providing secure cloud storage services, pCloud also provides file-sharing that facilitates sharing files with other users. Compared to OneDrive, pCloud provides more free storage space. As long as the user completes the account registration, they can get 10 GB of storage space for pictures, videos, or other data storage.
Aside from the difference in free storage space, OneDrive and pCloud are also very different in other ways.
|Company||Microsoft Incorporation||pCloud AG|
|Maximum Storage Size||5 TB||2 TB|
|Main Feature||File Hosting||File Sharing|
|File Version||Supports file versioning for office files only||Fully supports file versioning|
|Target User||Professionals||Professionals as well as personals|
|Price||More costly||Less costly|
|Maximum File Size||100 GB||Unlimited|
Considering factors such as free storage space, price, or maximum file size, pCloud may have an advantage over OneDrive. After reading the above comparison, you may have changed your mind about pCloud and want to migrate OneDrive to pCloud. But how to perform cloud to cloud migration online?
Easy Way: Copy or Migrate OneDrive to pCloud by MultCloud
With pCloud, you can get up to 10 GB of free online storage --- much more than the free cloud storage offered by many other cloud services! If you need to transfer data from OneDrive to pCloud, and want to make it even faster and easier, you can use MultCloud to transfer the data directly!
As a web-based cloud file manager --- MultCloud can help transfer files between different cloud drives and manage all your cloud drives with one login. With it, you can move or copy files from OneDrive to pCloud directly offline. This means that once the transfer starts, you can simply turn off MultCloud or even your PC, and MultCloud will automatically complete the cloud-to-cloud transfer in the background.
Compared with other cloud file transfer and management tools, MultCloud has advantages and can help you:
- Save and move in original files: A platform that lets you move photos and videos without compromising file quality is essential. You should be able to migrate photos from OneDrive to pCloud without losing details.
- Updating file or folder names: Updating file names is a good action, not only because it helps organize files, but also because it makes transfers a breeze.
- Save your metadata: Metadata information helps you find files easier. If you plan to upload and share your work on social media, you will want to keep these details.
- Keep your data safe: Using MultCloud because it is trusted by thousands of users and uses 256-bit AES encryption when you want to transfer from OneDrive to pCloud, which effectively protects your data from tampering, interception, and cracking.
To copy or migrate OneDrive to pCloud, you need to go through the following steps.
Step 1. Sign up and log in to MultCloud. You can also sign up for MultCloud directly by clicking on Facebook and Google to authorize the account.
Step 2. Connect OneDrive and pCloud to MultCloud. Click "Add Cloud" and you will see all cloud services supported by MultCloud. Here, left-click on "OneDrive" or "pCloud" to select it, then follow the prompts to add it to MultCloud.
Step 3. Transfer files from OneDrive to pCloud. Under the "Cloud Transfer" tab, you can select the folder you want to copy in OneDrive and add pCloud as the destination cloud storage. Press "Transfer Now" to copy the folder from OneDrive to pCloud.
- In "Options", you can set the transfer mode, such as "Delete all source files after transfer is complete", you can also set email notification and file transfer filtering.
- In "Schedule", you can set specific transfer times, such as daily, weekly or monthly, because MultCloud can execute scheduled cloud file transfer tasks at a specific time or period.
- If you need to transfer a single or a small number of files, you can directly open OneDrive in MultCloud, select the files you want to copy, and then use the "Copy to" option to copy files.
With the Cloud Transfer function provided by MultCloud, you can easily transfer data from OneDrive to pCloud and even other cloud drives like Dropbox, Dropbox Business, Google Drive, Google Workspace, Google Photos, MEGA, Flickr, FTP, Box. Transfer tasks can be performed even between different accounts of the same cloud drive, such as FTP to FTP transfer online.
In addition to the Cloud Transfer, what other useful functions does MultCloud provide?
- Cloud Sync: Sync data in two or more cloud drives in real-time, with customizable synchronization modes, such as "Real Time Sync", "Two-way Sync", "Simple Sync", "Mirror Sync", "Move Sync" ", "Cumulative Sync", "Update Sync", "Incremental Sync", "Full Backup Sync".
- Cloud Backup: Back up important data to other cloud drives. When data is lost or damaged, you can use the "Restore" function to restore data to the previous version.
- Remote Upload: Upload URLs, torrent files or magnet links to cloud drives remotely, such as download torrents directly to Google Drive.
- Shares: Three sharing modes (Public Share, Private Share, and Source Share) are provided, which can help you directly share interesting pictures and movies in the cloud drive with friends.
- Sub-account Management: Support team account management, and assign read and write permissions to folders individually, effectively promoting team members' cooperation.
Official Way: Entirely Backup OneDrive to pCloud
pCloud is a trusted, reliable, safe, and secure cloud storage provider that has been around for a long time. In addition to using pCloud for file transfer and sharing, users can also use pCloud's backup function to directly back up OneDrive, Google Drive, Google Photos, and Dropbox to pCloud. What’s more, pCloud offers the option to backup Facebook to pCloud.
Therefore, pCloud users can directly use this one-click backup service to indirectly migrate OneDrive as a whole to pCloud. Here's how to officially migrate OneDrive to pCloud as a whole in pCloud.
Step 1. Log in to your pCloud account.
Step 2. Click on "Backups" on the left and select "Third-party".
Step 3. Select OneDrive and a new window will pop up asking you to confirm your account credentials and authorize pCloud to use with OneDrive.
Step 4. Set up backup operations. After the backup is complete, you can view the files in the "Backups" folder in the "Files" menu in the sidebar.
Note: The time it takes to complete the backup depends on the amount of data that needs to be backed up from OneDrive to pCloud.
Traditional Way: Migrate OneDrive to pCloud via Upload and Download
Some people prefer the road less traveled, so if you're the one who doesn't want to use automated tools to transfer OneDrive to pCloud and wants the manual way, then the upload and download method is for you. Using a web browser to download files from OneDrive to your desktop is highly recommended, rather than the backup and sync tools, you may be familiar with and use, to avoid any omissions.
Here's how to move OneDrive to pCloud using the download/upload method on a desktop computer.
Step 1. Visit the OneDrive website and sign in.
Step 2. Download the files and folders to your computer. You can create a new folder on your local disk to keep everything in one place to back up OneDrive to pCloud later.
Step 3. Open the pCloud website and log in.
Step 4. You may want to create a new folder for your OneDrive content, if not, just drag and drop the entire content to a specific location in OneDrive and wait for it to finish uploading.
For the average consumer who wants online storage for backing up data or some other convenience but not for business use or document collaboration, pCloud is a good choice because pCloud offers more options than OneDrive at an affordable price or even a one-time price. Lots of storage and even the option to back up OneDrive directly to pCloud are offered.
If you need to migrate OneDrive to pCloud faster and easier, you can use MultCloud to help. MultCloud can support you to automatically transfer of OneDrive files to pCloud and other clouds, such as transfer files from OneDrive to MEGA. If the files to transfer are relatively small, you can also choose to use the traditional upload & download method.