Preparations before Moving Files from Dropbox to Box
As we all know, both Dropbox and Box are used widely in our daily life. Usually, Dropbox is used for personal file storage of non-organization and offers 2GB free storage space, while Box is designed for business and IT users and offers 10GB free encrypted storage space. Before doing the migration from Dropbox to Box, something you need to consider:
1. Confirm what you want to keep. It’s wiser to migrate files you need rather than transfer everything including the unnecessary, which may waste some precious cloud space.
2. Confirm what you need to have offline and consider what kind of files or folders you'll access when you are offline for a long time.
3. Think over which method you want to use to get your files organized in Box before actually moving files from Dropbox to Box.
Now, here we will show you how to transfer files from Dropbox to Box with 2 methods.
Method 1: Download and Upload
Step 1. Log in Dropbox official website.
Step 2. Select files or you can put files you need to transfer to Box from Dropbox in one folder, click a symbol with three dots and click the “Download” button. Here downloading a folder is taken as an example.
Step 3. Log in Box's official website.
Step 4. Click the "Upload" feature so that you can select "File" or "Folder" to upload to your Box account.
Note: If you download a folder from Dropbox's official website, then it will be in .zip format. Before uploading the folder to your Box account, you need to unzip it first.
Following the above steps, you can achieve Dropbox and Box migration easily. But if the data size is very large, then it will take time to complete and the most important one is that you cannot close the page until the process ends.
So, is there any way that can bypass this problem? Sure, we will introduce a new way to help you transfer from Dropbox to Box with MultCloud.
Method 2: Transfer Files from Dropbox to Box without Downloading
Unlike downloading and uploading operations, MultCloud allows you to transfer between Dropbox and Box from one platform without opening several windows at the same time. This method can save you a lot of time because you do not need to download content from Dropbox first and then upload it to Box and all works are done on one page with the MultCloud website opening.
Why Choose MultCloud?
- It's free of charge and it has a clear and easy to operate interface.
- It's a web-based app, which won't ask you to install any application on your PC, which would save your local space.
- It supports transferring of files across clouds directly without downloading and uploading.
- It supports transferring large data in one go.
- It attaches great importance to the data security, which won't save any account and password of your clouds.
Clear Steps to Perform Dropbox to Box Migration
Since MultCloud is easy to understand and use, you can follow the instructions below to learn how it works.
Step 1. Access the MultCloud page and sign up for an account. You need to enter your preferred email and password, then click the "Create Account" button.
Step 2. After you have activated your account through your mailbox, sign in your account. Click “Add Cloud”, and follow the instructions to grant MultCloud access to the account you are connecting to. Then add the Box account in the same way.
Step 3. After you have finished Box and Dropbox integration to MultCloud, you can start the transferring process. Open your Dropbox account, select files that need to be migrated from Dropbox to the Box account, right-click the blank area, then select the “Copy to” feature so you can select Box as the destination from the pop-up window.
- If there are too many files that need to transfer, you could create a “Cloud Transfer” task to achieve Dropbox to Box migration because "Cloud Transfer" support transferring large data in one go.
- For “Cloud Transfer” feature, is more suitable for transferring lots of files. You can select folders or whole Dropbox as the source while creating the task.
- If there are a lot of files to transfer, you can close the page as long as the task starts because MultCloud can run your task in the background.
Further Reading: How Do i Sync Dropbox and Box?
The above is how to transfer files from Dropbox to Box via the "Copy to" and "Cloud Transfer" feature of MultCloud. If the contents change in the source Dropbox cloud drive, then you have to do as above again to keep them same in the both source and target cloud drives. So, you might want to how to always keep them the same, or namely sync the contents automatically.
Thus, you can rely on the "Cloud Sync" feature of MultCloud. It can sync data between clouds with 8 different custom options. No matter you want to sync all files or files in a certain folder from one cloud to another, it can satisfy you well. Besides, If you need to sync Dropbpx and Box data frequently, you can set a schedule to automatically sync on a special timing or at a regular interval.
The Bottom Line
Following any way above, it can help achieve your demand to transfer files from Dropbox to Box without logging in and out. You can select the one you are most interested in doing the operations. Generally, the "Copy to" and "Cloud Transfer" is more recommended for cloud data transfer or migration.
For more tough requirements, such as syncing what you have added, modified, deleted, etc., from one cloud to another one, the "Cloud Sync" is perfect. Besides, the “Remote Upload” allows you to directly download files to the corresponding cloud disk through torrent links and magnetic links. For example, downloading torrents to Dropbox is easy to operate.