MEGA VS Dropbox
As we all know, MEGA and Dropbox are favored by many users as they have many advantages. When you first use Dropbox, you can get a free account with 2GB of cloud storage space and it can increase up to 16GB by referring MEGA to friends. For MEGA, it starts with 20GB free storage space to users. That’s much more than most cloud storage services. Compared to Dropbox, MEGA has some advantages below:
- It has a very very clean and nice UI experience.
- Free storage provided by MEGA is larger than free storage provided by Dropbox.
- It uses zero-knowledge encryption.
If privacy and security are what you most concern about, then MEGA will be a good choice. But there comes a question on how to move from Dropbox to MEGA. For this problem, the first thing that comes to our mind is: downloading and uploading, but this way takes time if there are many files need to upload. So is there any way that can transfer files from Dropbox to MEGA without downloading and uploading?
Luckily, in this article, we will introduce a new way, MultCloud. It is a FREE web-based cloud file transfer manager tool to help perform Dropbox to MEGA transfer.
How to Transfer from Dropbox to MEGA with MultCloud?
MultCloud, as a cloud file transfer manager tool, it can not only manage multiple cloud storage accounts from one place but also can directly transfer, sync or back up files from one cloud to others without downloading and uploading.
It supports more than 30 popular cloud drives at present, including Google Drive, G Suite, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Dropbox, Dropbox for Business, MEGA, Flick, etc. Let’s see how it works.
Step 1. Create one MultCloud account or you can get one temp account via “Try without signing up” option to have a try.
Step 2. Click “Add Cloud” and select Dropbox from the listed drives below to add.
Step 3. Follow the same process to add MEGA account to MultCloud.
- You are allowed to add unlimited cloud drive accounts, as long as MultCloud supports adding these accounts.
- MultCloud supports adding unlimited cloud accounts that belong to the same cloud providers.
Step 4. Transfer from Dropbox to MEGA with “Cloud Transfer”. After adding Dropbox and MEGA account to MultCloud, click on “Cloud Transfer”, select Dropbox as the source, select MEGA as the destination, tap on “Transfer Now” and wait for the process to complete.
- For “Cloud Transfer”, it supports transferring folders or entire cloud drive as the source. If you only want to copy some files from Dropbox to MEGA, it’s recommended that you use "Copy" or "Copy to".
- If you want to enjoy super-fast transfer speed, you could upgrade your account to the premium account so that MultCloud uses 10 threads to transfer files at once.
- As long as the transfer task starts, you can close the page and even turn off the computer because MultCloud is able to transfer files at the background.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, it’s very easy to transfer from Dropbox to MEGA with the help of MultCloud. In addition to “Cloud Transfer”, MultCloud also has explorer-type function and “Cloud Sync” feature.
For explorer-type function, it’s like you are doing the operations through the cloud drive itself. For example, it has “Copy”, “Download”, “Upload”, “Share” and etc. For the “Upload” feature, it can help you download torrent files directly to mega cloud.
For “Cloud Sync”, it allows you to create cloud sync relationships across cloud drives. If you want to sync between Google Photos and OneDrive, you can make full use of this feature.