Why Migrate from Box to Google Drive?
As you may know, Box is a well-known cloud provider with features that many cloud providers don’t have. One of the benefits of using Box comes from the fact that some cloud users are Google Docs die-hard fans, while others are Microsoft Office diehards.
With Box, you can deliver content in either format working with both. However, Box can’t deal with any files larger than 5GB only if you’re an enterprise subscriber and Box’s free plan is restricted to 250MB. Under such circumstances, you are eager to find an alternative service to replace Box.
While we like that Box supports both Google Docs and Office Online, and think it has better file-sharing features, Google Drive has more useful features below:
- It supports uploading and syncing files of up to 5TB.
- It offers 15 GB of storage space for the free users while Box starts with 10GB of storage for the free users.
- Google Drive has a more useful note-taking app, a more interesting collection of third-party integrations, and syncs files more smoothly than Box.
At this time, you plan to use Google Drive as your cloud storage tool. But there comes a question: the current situation is that the files that need to be managed are already placed in the Box, how do you transfer Box to Google Drive?
Here in this article, we will show you how to achieve Box to Google Drive migration easily with a FREE cloud file transfer service, MultCloud, without downloading and uploading.
How to Migrate Box to Google Drive with MultCloud?
MultCloud is a free online cloud file transfer service, which won't ask you to download any application on your computer. With one MultCloud account, you can easily transfer files from Box to Google Drive.
It can integrate Google Drive and Box, and then migrate files or folder between those two clouds. Besides, it is able to link other 30+ cloud storage accounts, including MEGA, Dropbox, and other popular clouds. Sure, business clouds like G Suite, OneDrive for Business, and Dropbox Business accounts are also supported. If you have both a Google Drive account and a G Suite account, you can add your G Suite account to MultCloud, so that MultCloud can help migrate Box files to G Suite with ease.
Step 1. Create a MultCloud account
Since MultCloud is a free web app tool, to use it, create one MultCloud account first.
Step 2. Add Clouds
Click “Add Cloud” and add clouds with your Box account and Google Drive account to MultCloud.
Note: There is no limit to the number of clouds to add. If you have multiple cloud accounts to add, you can add them to MultCloud for better management.
Step 3. Migrate Box to Google Drive with "Cloud Sync"
Select Box account as the source, select Google Drive as the destination, click “Cloud Sync” and wait for the process to complete.
- If you use this way, then all files under Box will be copied to your Google Drive.
- If you just want to copy specific folders from Box to Google Drive, select folders you want to sync only under Box as the source when creating the task.
- After the process starts, you can close the page and even shut down your PC because MultCloud supports syncing files in the background.
Following the above steps, you may find that MultCloud can help you migrate Box to Google Drive quickly without switching accounts. In addition to the “Cloud Sync” feature, MultCloud also offers “Cloud Transfer”, “Remote Upload” and other functions.
- For "Cloud Transfer", is able to transfer or backup files from one cloud to other clouds directly. For example, if you want to copy MEGA to Google Drive, you can make full use of it.
- For "Remote Upload", you can upload files to target cloud drives through parsing torrent files or magnet links, such as downloading torrent files directly to MEGA cloud. With this function, you can store your favorite movies in a cloud drive to build your private movie library.
- For other functions, MultCloud can help you manage multiple cloud drives from one platform easily. You can do many operations including "Cut", "Upload", "Move", "Share", etc. With it, you can easily upload files stored on your computer or mobile phone to Google Drive to release your local space.
More about MultCloud
MultCloud offers a convenient cloud file transfer-free way for you to manage cloud storage accounts you have. The authorization system of MultCloud is based on OAuth that is a standard authorization framework that enables third-party programs to access multiple cloud accounts without a username and password. With the help of MultCloud, you can easily transfer files from one cloud to other clouds securely.
How much does the migration cost?
The price depends on the total size of the data. If your transfer data is less than 30GB, then MultCloud won't charge you any fees. If the migration needs are recurring, then it's recommended you can choose the annual plan. See the full listing: comparison of subscription types.
How much time does it take to migrate from Box to Google Drive?
The speed of migration depends on the size of the data you plan to migrate. You can contact our support team for an accurate timetable. Typically, MultCloud can transfer petabytes of data in a matter of weeks.
Will the data traffic be calculated if the transfer task fails?
Please rest assured that no data traffic is counted for task failure and you can restart your task immediately.
Does MultCloud support One-time migration?
Sure, MultCloud supports one-time migration. If there are lots of files to transfer, while creating the task, you can select Box not its sub-directories as the source, so that MultCloud can transfer them all in one go.
Is MultCloud a reliable company?
MultCloud, launched in 2012, aims at serving users around the world, and keeping the data safe and under control is what MultCloud has been doing. MultCloud respects user privacy and regards data safety in its’ mission.
MultCloud's authorization system is based on OAuth--a standard authorization framework that enables third-party applications to establish connections to cloud services without the need for a username and password. As a result, your account and password will not be stored.