Content at a Glance:
Can I Sync Two OneDrive Accounts on One Computer?
Sync Two OneDrive Account
I have two OneDrive personal accounts that I would like to sync to my Windows laptop. I know multiple accounts of OneDrive for business can be synced on one computer but can't figure this out with OneDrive Personal. Does anyone have done this? Please share your experience.
- Question from answers.microsoft.com
As one of the best cloud storage services provided by Microsoft, OneDrive might be your first choice. Thus, you might use two or more OneDrive accounts on your computer for different usage. Syncing two OneDrive accounts on one computer is necessary for you sometimes, but how? Here you can find the reasons and solutions to sync 2 different OneDrive accounts.
Why Sync Two OneDrive Accounts on a Computer?
Can I link two OneDrive accounts and then sync? Of course yes, why do you need to move files between two OneDrive accounts or sync Two OneDrive account files to your computer? The main reasons are listed:
- For different uses. Owning multiple OneDrive accounts makes it easier to manage different types of files, personal OneDrive stores personal files, and Work or School OneDrive keeps work files or team files.
- Easy file management. If you did not sort out the files in OneDrive accounts before, you might need to migrate files from one OneDrive account to another one for file organization.
- Keep OneDrive backup. It’s wise for you to keep a backup for your OneDrive files just in case of data loss, and you can restore OneDrive files quickly once get lost.
- Offline Access. There might be a chance that you need offline access to OneDrive files. so it's wise for you to sync two OneDrive files on the same computer for access even if there is no Internet connection.
Keep reading to get more details about OneDrive sync two accounts on one computer.
Add Two OneDrive Accounts on Your Computer First
How many OneDrive accounts can you run on the same computer? You can only run one personal OneDrive account and up to 9 OneDrive Business accounts according to OneDrive official websites.
To sync two OneDrive accounts, you have to add two OneDrive accounts on your computer first. How to add multiple OneDrive accounts on a Windows 11/10 computer? Check the following steps:
1. Please download the latest version of the OneDrive app, install and login with your first OneDrive account.
2. Then click the OneDrive icon on the system tray, then click the gear icon > Settings.
3. Click the + Add an account button.
4. Input your another OneDrive account email, and click Sign in, then follow the steps to add the second OneDrive account.
- To add multiple OneDrive accounts on Windows 10, or 11 computers, just repeat the process to complete.
- You will see the error message "You're already syncing a personal OneDrive on this computer. Unlink that account to add a new one" if you're trying to add a second personal OneDrive account.
After adding two OneDrive accounts on your computer, it will list two OneDrive folders with different names.
How to Sync Two oneDrive Accounts on One Computer?
In the next part, you will find two parts for syncing two OneDrive accounts on the computer no matter whether you have a OneDrive personal or OneDrive for Business account, just sync according to your situation.
Part 1. Sync Two OneDrive Accounts to Computer
Once you have added two OneDrive accounts on your computer, you can download files from OneDrive accounts to your computer or use Files On-Demand to download all files for these two OneDrive accounts.
Way 1. Download All Files with Files On-Demand
If you have added one OneDrive personal account plus a OneDrive for Business account, or add two OneDrive for Business accounts, downloading all files with Files On-Demand is your best choice.
Although the two OneDrive folders show you all the OneDrive files, some files show online only instead of downloading, so you have to download them all to your computer for these two OneDrive accounts:
1. Click the OneDrive icon from the system tray, then hit the gear icon > Settings.
2. Select Sync and backup from the left panel.
3. Expand Advanced settings, enable Files On-Demand option, and it will restart automatically.
4. Once restarted, go to Files On-Demand, then click Download all files to sync OneDrive files to your computer.
5. Repeat the process to sync the second OneDrive files to your computer.
Until now, these files in your two OneDrive accounts have been synced to your computer.
Way 2. Download Files from Two OneDrive Accounts
If you want to sync two OneDrive personal accounts on one computer, the only option is downloading all of them to your computer. Here is how it works:
1. Please log in to your first personal OneDrive account.
2. Click My Files from the left side, then create a new folder.
3. Move all files and folders that you want to download to the new folder, then right-click the folder, and hit Download.
4. Log in to another OneDrive personal account once the download is finished. Do the same to download all OneDrive files and folders.
5. Go to the Downloads folder, and move both folders to another safe location, now you have synced two OneDrive accounts in the same computer.
Part 2. Sync Files Between Two OneDrive Accounts on One Computer
If you would like to sync files between two OneDrive accounts, the comprehensive web-based multi-cloud storage manager - MultCloud would do you a big favor.
- MultCloud supports 30+ mainstream clouds and services, such as OneDrive, Google Drive, Google Workspace, OneDrive for Business, Dropbox, Dropbox Business, Box, Box for Business, iCloud Drive, iCloud Photos, MEGA, MediaFire, pCloud, Wasabi, FTP/SFTP/FTPS, NAS, and many more.
- Provides 10 sync modes to sync two OneDrive accounts on one computer, including one-way sync, two-way sync, real time sync, move sync, incremental sync, and more.
- Sync everything or selected items from one OneDrive account to another directly without downloading manually.
- Automatically free up space for OneDrive is also available with Options, try and enjoy.
Quickly Sync Files Between Two OneDrive Accounts in 4 Steps
1. Please apply for a MultCloud account, and sign in.
2. Click Add Cloud > OneDrive, or OneDrive for Business, then follow the guide to grant access to MultCloud, then add another OneDrive account.
3. Select Cloud Sync from the left side, and choose one OneDrive account as the source, and another OneDrive account as the target.
4. Press the Sync Now button to sync two OneDrive accounts on your computer.
- For different sync modes, click Options > Sync Modes, and choose Normal Sync, Real Time Sync, or another sync mode that suits you best.
- Email and Filter can be configured in Options as well, get email alerts after enabling, and include or exclude file types you’d prefer.
- To do an automatic sync of two OneDrive accounts, click Schedule to set up. Unlock to enjoy all premium features, including Filter, Schedule, 10 threads instead of 2 to sync, and many more.
- Smart Share: Share cloud files via public, private, or source mode.
- One-key Move: Quick data transfer, sync, and backup among clouds.
- Email Archive: Protect emails to other clouds or local disks.
- Remote upload: Effectively save web files to clouds via URL.
- Safe: Full-time 256-bit AES and OAuth authorization protections.
- Easy: Access and manage all clouds in one place with one login.
- Extensive: 30+ clouds and on-premise services are supported.
FAQs about Two OneDrive Accounts on the Same Computer
Can I sync two OneDrive accounts on the same computer?
Can I sync specific folders from each OneDrive account?
Do changes made on one OneDrive account reflect in the other?
Can I sync OneDrive accounts from different domains (e.g., personal and business)?
What happens if I exceed the storage limit on my computer while syncing multiple accounts?
After reading here, you might have a clear idea about how to sync two OneDrive accounts on the same computer no matter whether sync files to your computer or sync files between two OneDrive accounts, you have ways to do it.
With MultCloud, you can migrate OneDrive Personal to OneDrive for Business account, share OneDrive files publicly or privately (password protected), perform OneDrive two-way sync, and many more.
MultCloud Supports Clouds
OneDrive for Business
box for Business