User Case: Can I Sync Multiple Dropbox Accounts?
"I now have 2 Dropbox accounts from 2 different clients, and the two accounts are billed separately, have separate logins and cannot be linked. I want to try both accounts on my computer so that I get data from both accounts at the same time. However, I can only use the APP to log in to one of the accounts, and then go to the web to log in to another account. How should I handle this situation? "
Why Need Dropbox Sync Multiple Accounts?
As mentioned in the above case, many users may wish to run multiple Dropbox accounts Windows 10 and sync data in them. However, despite the many conveniences Dropbox offers its users, it still has some drawbacks. For example, it has limitations on multiple Dropbox accounts on a single device, and doesn't offer any features that allow you to directly sync files between accounts.
During the process of using Dropbox, users may need to sync Dropbox account data for the following reasons.
- A user may wish to separate his personal files from business files, or he may wish to store personal files separately from home files.
- If someone runs out of free storage and buying a subscription can be an expensive thing to do. In this case, users need to register multiple Dropbox accounts and have sync requirements when using data.
If you're looking for an easy way to sync two Dropbox accounts on one computer, don't worry, you can keep reading. We'll walk through the steps below on how to easily sync multiple Dropbox accounts.
Fastest Way for Dropbox Sync Multiple Accounts
MultCloud is a free web-based cloud-to-cloud sync tool that helps sync directly from one Dropbox account to another. As a cloud sync tool, MultCloud can not only help create a sync relationship between cloud drives without downloading and uploading, but also help manage multiple cloud drives from one place.
MultCloud has several core functions: Cloud Transfer, Team Transfer, Cloud Sync, Cloud Backup and Remote Upload. In this article, you can use Cloud Sync to help sync two or more personal Dropbox accounts or Dropbox Business accounts. Let's take the example of syncing multiple personal accounts.
Step 1. Create a MultCloud account.
- You can directly use Google or Facebook account authorization to try MultCloud's functions.
- While many third-party tools require a credit card to register, MultCloud requires only your email address to register. Newly registered users will have 5GB for cloud file transfer free.
Step 2. Log in to MultCloud, click "Add Cloud", and select Dropbox on the right to add.
Step 3. Follow the same steps above to add your other Dropbox account to MultCloud.
- MultCloud has no limit to the number of added cloud drives. As long as MultCloud supports those cloud providers, you can add them all to MultCloud to manage multiple Dropbox accounts or other clouds better.
- After adding your first Dropbox account to MultCloud, you may first need to log in to your second account through its official website to add the second account to MultCloud.
- If you want to add your Dropbox Business account, you need to select Dropbox Business, then click "Access Organization", and finally allow MultCloud to access your Dropbox Business account.
Step 4. After adding your Dropbox account to MultCloud, click "Cloud Sync", select the first Dropbox account or folders in it as the source and the second Dropbox or folders in it as the destination, click "Sync Now" and wait for the process to complete.
- If you want to delete all files from your personal Dropbox account after the sync process is complete, you can enable "Move Sync" via "Options" so that MultCloud can help delete all files automatically.
- If you want to know the sync status, you can enable "Email" notification through "Options".
- If you want to sync the data between the two accounts in real-time, you can directly switch to "Real Time Sync".
- To sync data across multiple Dropbox accounts, all you need to do is check the "Multi-select" option when selecting the destination.
- If you urgently need to sync all files, you can upgrade your account to premium account, so MultCloud uses 10 threads to sync your files at a time.
Normal Way for Dropbox Sync Multiple Accounts
The section above describes a method that will be easiest for most people. However, if this method is not suitable, you can use other methods. One way to do this is to use the "Share" feature to sync data across multiple Dropbox accounts.
The process of sharing is much simpler than uploading and downloading, but it requires you to have a sufficient understanding of the functions of Dropbox. Once you get it right, you can have content from different Dropbox accounts in one place. Here's how to do it step by step:
Step 1. Open Dropbox and log in to your secondary Dropbox account.
Step 2. Create a new folder in your account. Click "Create" in the upper left corner of the page, and then click "Folder" in the drop-down menu to create a folder and rename it.
Step 3. Move all files and folders from your Dropbox account to this folder. Double-check that the new folder contains the files and folders you moved.
Step 4. Click on the new folder to select it to see several options. Select the "Share" option, click "Share with Dropbox", then provide your primary or original Dropbox account's email, and click "Send".
Step 5. Since you shared the folder with yourself, you need to open your main Dropbox account to accept the invitation. To do this, log into your main Dropbox account.
Step 6. After accepting the shared folder, you'll view it from your main Dropbox account.
- While this works, you can't easily delete the shared content from the second Dropbox account, or your main Dropbox account won't be able to see the full shared file.
- Dropbox only allows sharing one folder at a time. If you want to share multiple folders, you have to move multiple folders that need to be synchronized to one folder one by one, which is very time-consuming.
The steps for Dropbox sync multiple accounts have been introduced above, you can check carefully and follow the steps. The first method is very easy, MultCloud's cloud-to-cloud sync feature is free and easy to use. In addition to sync and backup functions, MultCloud can also help you add multiple different cloud storage accounts to consolidate cloud storage data for centralized management.