Why Need to Migrate Google Drive to New Account?
Migrating Google Drive to new account in detail means to migrate all data in original old Google Drive account to a new Google Drive account, including but not limited to files/folders, photos/pictures/images, videos/movies and docs/sheets.
This new Google Drive account may have much more storage space and advanced features than old one. For example, new Google Drive for Business account is much better than old GDrive personal account. Therefore, users will need to switch to new account to upgrade storage of cloud drive.
Or, people just want to replace a new account:
- Students need to move their documents from their school account of GDrive to their private account when they graduate
- Employees want to transfer files they are allowed to take away from their work Google account to their personal account after resignation.
How to Migrate Google Drive to New Account?
According to the purpose of Google Drive account migration, there are all three solutions.
Solution 1. Download and upload
This is the first solution that most Google users can think about. That is to say, firstly download all data from source Google account to local device, and then upload these items from local to destination new account.
This way is somehow troublesome. It requires you have enough local storage serving as transit and will cost you much time if there are a lot of files to migrate.
Solution 2. Share to new account
There is another way provided by Google Drive which does not need local device’s help. That is, you can share all files in original Google Drive to your new account and save the shared ones in new Google Drive.
This way is also troublesome and somehow difficult to operate. You need to rename all the shared files if you want to save them in your new account.
Solution 3. Directly transfer to new account
Want an easy and secure solution to migrate Google Drive to new account? Yes, there is. That is to make use of third party multiple online cloud storage manager – MultCloud. The following will take files migration from old personal Google Drive to new Google Drive for Business for example.
- 1. Create MultCloud account. To use MultCloud to migrate Google Drive data to new account, you should first of all create an account of MultCloud. It is free of charge.
- 2. Add Google Drive accounts. In the Cloud Explorer tab of its main console, click “Add Cloud Drives” in the left menu and select “Google Drive” from the right cloud drive list. Then, just follow the easy guidance to finish cloud account adding.
- 3. Transfer files. Go to Cloud Transfer tab, specify source and target cloud directory respectively as Google Drive Personal and Google Drive for Business. Finally, click “Transfer Now”.
Tips: If you don’t want to keep the source files in original Google Drive anymore, you can check “Delete all source files after transfer is complete.” In Options window with entrance in the lower left of above picture before finally transfer.
There is a video teaches you how to switch Google Drive to another account https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4CPgho4mLE
Just as you can see above, with MultCloud, you can easily migrate Google Drive to new account while insuring data safe. MultCloud also enables you many other useful functions, like backup or sync files between two clouds and copy files form one cloud to another. Besides, MultCloud can manage all added cloud accounts just like in Windows explorer; there, you can freely upload/download files, create new folder, rename a file, delete unwanted items, share photos with friends, etc.
Except for Google Drive, MultCloud also supports OneDrive, Dropbox, Mega, etc. about 30 kinds of common cloud drives. As mentioned above, MultCloud is an online clouds manager which enable you to easily manage all your cloud accounts.