All the cloud sync applications introduced in this article is based on desktop computers or tablets.
Best Cloud Sync Software for Different Cloud Drives
When talks about cloud file sync software, the first idea comes into different person is different; it depends on which cloud brand they are making use of.
Google Drive Backup and Sync
For Google Drive users, they will first of all think about Backup and Sync, the Google official program for syncing files between local devices and cloud storage.
1. To begin with, download Backup and Sync from the official website and install it on your machine.
2. Then, get started with its settings.
4. Got to choose folders from your computer to continuously back up to Google Drive.
5. You can keep the default source folders as well as add other folders. If there are photos/videos in source folders, you are recommended to upload them in high quality to enjoy free unlimited storage instead of original quality. You are able to separately upload photos and videos to Google Photos.
6. You can vice versa sync files from Google cloud back to your computer. This will make the process a two-way sync.
7. Choose which folders to be synced back to computer. Moreover, you can decide whether to sync files back to local or not. If you do not want to sync cloud files back to computer, just uncheck “Sync My Drive to this computer” and click START. Then, the whole task will become a one-way sync.
Dropbox Application for Dropbox
If you are a user of Dropbox, you must being using Dropbox application to sync files between computer and cloud.
1. First thing first, download the Dropbox App from official website and install it on your device.
2. Sign in your Dropbox account.
3. Click on its taskbar icon. In the pop-up window, click the folder icon to open Dropbox local folder.
4. Then, put all the files you want to be backed up to cloud into the source folder.
5. To specify which files to be synced back to local, just click on the Settings icon (the gear) and select “Preferences” in the drop-down menu.
6. In the next window, move to Sync tab and click on “Selective Sync” button.
7. Choose the folders you want to sync from cloud to computer. Finally, click “Update”.
Tips: The above is two-way sync settings. If you want to make it a one-way sync, please refer to Dropbox one-way sync.
OneDrive App for OneDrive Cloud
OneDrive is a cloud storage service provided by Microsoft. If you are running Windows 10 operating system, OneDrive is already installed on your computer. If not, you can download OneDrive from official site and install it.
1. When successfully installed OneDrive, open it and sign in with your OneDrive account (Microsoft account).
2. Open OneDrive folder on your computer and put all files/folders you want to backup to cloud into the folder. If you can’t remember where you installed the folder, you can right-click on OneDrive taskbar icon and choose “Open your OneDrive folder” to find it.
3. In the right-click menu of OneDrive taskbar icon, select “Settings”.
4. In the pop-up window, go to Account tab and click on “Choose folders” button.
5. In the next window, select source folders you plan to sync back from cloud drive to local storage.
Tips: Similar to Dropbox, the above is a two-way sync. If you want a one-way sync, please refer to OneDrive one-way sync.
Free Cloud File Sync Service Sync among Different Clouds
The above talks about cloud sync apps for files sync between local computer and cloud storage. What about cloud drive sync application for files sync between two cloud drives? As far as I know, currently, there is no cloud brand official App which enables their users to sync/transfer/move/migrate files from their own cloud to other brand cloud or sync files from one of their cloud account to another.
Luckily, there are third party tools which can achieve files sync among cloud drives. One reliable software of them is MultCloud, a multiple cloud drive manager free of charge.
1. To make use of MultCloud, since it’s a web-based service, you just need to create an account of it from its official website given above.
2. Add all related cloud accounts into MultCloud. Sign in the created MultCloud account from the website. In its interface, move to Add Clouds tab and select the cloud brand you are going to add. Then, just follow the guidance to finish cloud adding.
It can only add one cloud account at one time. To add more accounts, just repeat the operations above. Finally, you can see all the clouds you added into MultCloud platform on the left menu.
3. Click on Cloud Sync tab, then specify source cloud directory (left frame) and destination cloud directory (right frame).
You can specify its task name, sync method (one-way or two-way) and some other Options like email notification and file filter. Schedule sync is also available. One more surprise is that more than one destination cloud account can be selected; this is an advanced feature which is only available in paid plan. Finally, click “Sync Now”.
To Sum It up
All above are excellent cloud sync tools. Just choose one which suits you most.