What is Cloud Storage Sync?
The simplest definition of a cloud-to-cloud sync is an exact copy. To be more specific, syncing cloud storage is to sync data between different cloud storage so that any changes or updates to data and new uploads are all available across different clouds. Usually, we have no official tool to sync two or more clouds of different brands directly. But with the help of some excellent multiple cloud storage managers, you will be able to sync between cloud services with most ease.
Why Sync Cloud Drives or Storages?
You can find so many advantages listed below if you try to sync between cloud storage services.
Save Local Disk Space
Today, our work and life can’t live without computers, laptops, and pads. We create many documents, download videos and movies, take photos and store all of them on the hard disk. As time flies, the storage of our hard drives becomes crowded and crowded. Luckily, with the development of computer technology, cloud drive comes! It is the cloud computing era now. Although our local disks are full, we may save our data to the cloud without stress.
Access Cloud Drive Everywhere
The greatest advantage of a cloud drive is that we can visit our data everywhere through the Internet. Not only computers can connect to Internet, but also mobile devices, such as iPhone, Android phones, pads, handheld game players, and so on. With these devices, you can easily access cloud files without any barriers.
Put Double Security to Cloud File
When you can’t enter one cloud drive (forget a password or the service is during maintenance), you can get still access those data by entering another cloud drive that you have synced before.
Use Same File on Different Cloud Easily
If you prefer to use Google Drive (with a Google account, you can be free to log in to all Google services), while your company requires you to use OneDrive, which has a public account for you, you can sync Google Drive with OneDrive to conveniently access same files from different clouds.
Best tool to Sync Cloud Drives Free
Apart from using the traditional method to sync between cloud drives by manually downloading and uploading, you can try a free web-based cloud file manager, MultCloud, to help you sync files and folders between all your clouds in one well-designed interface for free.
MultCloud supports more than 30+ clouds, most of them are cloud drives, others are FTP/SFTP, WebDAV, and so on. As an excellent web app, MultCloud also releases a Chrome extension for you to easily transfer data across clouds. To achieve cloud drive sync easily, MultCloud offers the "Cloud Sync" function for you to sync cloud storages with a single click and 10 multifunctional sync modes.
- Simple Sync: The added, modified, and deleted files in the source will be replicated to the destination.
- Real Time Sync: Same as Simple Sync, but all selected files and folders in the source will be synced to the destination as soon as any modification happens in the source.
- Mirror Sync: Always keep the source and destination files the same.
- Move Sync: After the sync, MultCloud will delete all the files in the source.
- Cumulative Sync: When a file in the source is deleted, it won’t happen to the destination.
- Update Sync: Delete all files in the target directory first, then the added, modified, and deleted files in the source will be transferred to the destination.
- Incremental Sync: In every synchronization, MultCloud will create a new subdirectory in the destination to transfer the added, and modified files from the source to the subdirectory.
- Full Backup Sync: In every synchronization, MultCloud will create a new subdirectory in the destination to transfer all the files from the source to the subdirectory.
- You can perform the Simple Sync and Real Time Sync modes in one-way and two-way according to your needs.
- As a free user of MultCloud, you can use the basic 4 sync modes like Simple Sync and Real Time Sync in one-way and two-way.
- If you become a MultCloud subscriber, you can enjoy the 4 basic modes and another 6 advanced sync modes like Mirror Sync, Move Sync, Cumulative Sync, Update Sync, Incremental Sync, and Full Backup Sync.
Steps to Sync Cloud Drives with MultCloud
It is so simple for you to sync cloud services by using MultCloud, all you have to do is to add all your clouds to MultCloud and use the “Cloud Sync” function to sync files from cloud to cloud with a suitable sync mode. Here’s how to operate the cloud storage synchronization with MultCloud.
Step 1. Create a MultCloud account.
Tip: If you choose the latter way, you can enter MultCloud immediately as well as get the default username and password provided by MultCloud. What’s more, you can change your username and password and bind your email address whenever you want later.
Step 2. Click "Add Cloud" and choose cloud drives you have to add them to MultCloud respectively.
- MultCloud uses an OAuth authorization system to connect your clouds without keeping the username and password.
- You are allowed to add all your clouds to MultCloud for free.
Step 3. Enter the "Cloud Sync" page in MultCloud, select a cloud drive or files and folders in it as the source, then select another cloud drive or a folder in it as the destination.
Step 4. Choose a sync mode you need in the pop-up window of "Options".
Step 5. Click the purple button "Sync Now" in the lower right corner and MultCloud will sync cloud storage services immediately.
- You can turn on "email notification" in "Options" to be informed right after the Cloud Sync task is done.
- You can also set up "Filter" in "Options" to ignore or only sync files with certain extensions.
- If you want MultCloud to automatically sync files between clouds, you can click "Schedule" to choose a daily, weekly, or monthly plan.
What's more, once you set up a Cloud Sync task, you can commit it again from the "Task List". Or you can re-edit, delete, view logs of the task as you want.
More about MultCloud
Don’t worry about safety when using MultCloud to help you sync cloud drive services. MultCloud does not save or record your data and applies the 256-bit AES Encryption for SSL to protect your data during transfer. Therefore, you can feel free to use MultCloud to achieve cloud storage sync. In addition, MultCloud has no storage limit, it costs traffic only when transferring files between cloud storage services. You can obtain extra traffic by sharing MultCloud on your SNS or becoming a subscriber.