Generally, when you need to upload data from one cloud to another cloud, you need to download files from this cloud to your local disk first, and then upload from the local disk to another cloud disk. It is a waste of time. With MultCloud, you can easily transfer data from one cloud service to another without downloading to local disk first then re-uploading. The features of MultCloud will help you save lots of time.
To transfer files between clouds:
Step 1: Create an account in the official website of MultCloud. If you do not want to create one account, you could click "Guest Access" so you'll get one temp account immediately.
Step 2: Add the cloud services that you need to transfer data by clicking "Add Cloud Drives", select them and follow the guidance to add them into MultCloud account one by one.
Add Cloud Drives
Step 3: Click "Cloud Transfer" tab, then you will see the below interface. Select any one cloud as the source cloud and destination cloud. We take Dropbox and GoogleDrive as example here.
Step 4: Select the directory in Dropbox that you want to transfer, then select the target directory on GoogleDrive that you want to save it.
Tips: You can rename the transfer task by using the "Task 1" field to help you distinguish it from other tasks.
Select Source and Target Clouds
Step 5: Click "Transfer Now" to start transferring.
After clicking the "Transfer Now" button, you may click Task Manger button in the upper right corner of the main interface to see the Details of the transfer process. After the data transfer successfully, if you want to modify or manage tasks, you could also go to Task Manager, as for more details, please refer to How to manage transfer/sync tasks of MultCloud.
To schedule transfer task:
If you want to transfer the source directory regularly, you can also enable "Schedule" so that you can back up your important data in time.
When you create a new transfer task, you can see the "Schedule" option. Or if you have create the transfer task but you have not enable the "Schedule" feature, you can enable it under Task Manager, click the corresponding task "Menu-->Schedule".
Schedule Existed Task
When you tick "Schedule", you could see the following four modes. You could choose the one that you need.
- Once: Set a time point in the future to perform the transfer task only once.
- Daily: Set a time point to perform the transfer task once a day. You can set three different times. Run once every time.
- Weekly: Choose a specific day for the transfer task from Monday to Sunday. Set a time point and the program will automatically perform the transfer at this time on the chosen day(s) every week.
- Monthly: Choose a time point on a specific day of each month to perform the transfer task. Choose a time point on a specific day from the calendar to perform the transfer task every month and you can select multiple days on the calendar.
To configure the transfer task:
You could specify some additional settings for the transfer task under "Options".
If the destination location contains the same name of the source files, you can choose the following solutions to handle it.
- Directly skip the file, don't transfer it. (When you do not want to transfer the same name of the source files to target directory, you could tick this option.)
- It will be overwritten if its time is old. (This option will overwrite the old date of the files on target directory to save the new date of the files.)
- It will be overwritten if its size is different. (The source file will overwrite the file in the target directory, no matter which one is larger or smaller.)
- It will be overwritten if its time is older or size is different. (The target files will be overwrite when the time or size is different.)
- Always overwrite the file. (The target files always be overwritten.)
- Always rename the file.
Tick "Delete all source files after transfer is complete" if you want to clear transferred files in source drive after migration completes.
Tick "Keep file modification date (Supports Dropbox, Google Drive, G Suite)" helps you keep the file modification date after transferring. But it only supports in Dropbox, Google Drive and G Suite.
The "Automatically rename the files with special characters and generate a script file" option, If files in the source cloud drive have special character in filename that is not allowed in the target cloud drive, the files will be renamed automatically during the transfer process and a log.html file will be created in the root directory on target cloud drive.
You could enable "Email Notification" so you will know whether the task is complete or not. In unattended operations, a notification can be emailed containing the result of the task.
You could also filter files with certain file format during migration by configure "Filter". If you want to filter some specific type of files on source directory, you can enable this option to include or exclude files of a particular type.
Specify the files that you need to include/exclude. Wildcards are supported and separate multiple masks with vertical bar. For example 2.15.jpg|*.mp3|photo*|*Excel*