User Case: How Do I Transfer Google Drive to G Suite?
“Hi there, I have one personal Google Drive account and one company G Suite account. I have a lot of files in my Google Drive and I want to transfer all files from my personal Google Drive to G Suite for file management. Thus, I would like to know, is there any solution that can help me transfer from Google Drive to G Suite easily? Can someone tell me the solution? Thanks”
Nowadays, almost everyone would ask about the above problem whether you are at school, at a company, or at other institutions.
What’s the difference between Google Workspace and Google Drive?
Google provides two types of accounts, personal accounts (Gmail) and corporate accounts (Google Workspace). Although both are services provided by Google, there are still some differences between the two. By the way, Google Workspace was formerly known as G Suite.
|The Main Benefits of Using Google Drive
|The Main Advantages of Using Google Workspace
|♦ Creating and collaborating on photos, videos, presentations, PDFs, Google Docs, and more.
|♦ Accessing all Google applications from your computer, tablet, or mobile phone anytime, anywhere.
|♦ Google Drive can be used with existing applications such as email and calendars to create simplified workflows.
|♦ Using the Google Admin console to manage all company data, mobile devices, email addresses, and security settings.
|♦ The powerful search function uses intelligence to identify objects in photos or text and provides the most relevant results for keyword searches.
|♦ Organizing meetings more efficiently by scheduling events in a shared calendar, sending reminders to Gmail, using Hangouts to join video meetings, and using Slides to share presentations.
|♦ Opening more than 30 file types directly in the browser, including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Google Forms, Google Drawings, etc.
|♦ Creating online documents, spreadsheets, surveys and forms, and presentations.
|♦ Creating, opening, and sharing files from various applications directly in Google Drive, even when you’re offline, and changes will be automatically synced when the internet connection is restored.
|♦ Using Google Drive to share, collaborate, and comment on text documents, presentations, and spreadsheets.
|♦ Building multiple project sites by choosing from hundreds of pre-built templates.
|♦ Using Google Vault to archive emails and chats, e-discover information, and export emails and chats.
By observing the above advantages, we will understand that Google Drive and G Suite are aimed at different user groups. Google Drive is more suitable for individual users, and G Suite is more suitable for various groups, organizations, and companies. Compared with Google Drive, G Suite can provide users with more complete technical support. In addition, G Suite elevates team collaboration to a whole new level. In the process of using G Suite, everyone in the team can work together efficiently.
Many organizations are using G Suite for staff management and document management. However, the problem is how to achieve migration between Google Drive and G Suite. Here in this post, you will find three ways to help you migrate files from Google Drive to G Suite.
How to Migrate Google Drive to Google Workspace?
Now, you can take a look at 3 ways in which you can easily migrate personal Google Drive to G Suite.
Method 1. Download and Upload
Step 1. Log in to your personal Google Drive account.
Step 2. Select files and folders that you want to download to your local drive, select the "Download" button, and wait for the process to complete.
Step 3. Log in to your G Suite account.
Step 4. Click the "Upload" button to upload files from your local drive to your G Suite account and wait for the process to complete.
Note: After downloading folders to your PC, they will be converted into corresponding filename.zip files. If you need to upload original folders to your G Suite account, then you need to unzip these files first before uploading.
Method 2. Use the "Share" Utility with Google Drive
Step 1. Log in to your personal account.
Step 2. Select all files and folders under this cloud and click the "Share" button.
Step 3. Enter your G Suite account as the recipient, assign permissions "Editor" to your G Suite account, then click the "Send" button and wait for the process to complete.
Step 4. Log in to your G Suite account and you will find these files and folders under "Shared with me" of your account.
- After selecting "Editor", the ownership will be transferred to your G Suite company account and you cannot change the permissions anymore.
- If you want to keep the shared files in Google Workspace safe, you can move Shared with me to My Drive in Google Workspace directly.
Limitations of Method 1 and Method 2:
- Following these methods can be useful to these users whose data is not very large to migrate personal Google Drive to Google Workspace. If the data size is very large, then it would take a lot of time to complete the migration process.
- When using method 1, the time that needs to download files is based on your Internet connection and you cannot close the page until the process is done.
- You cannot change the share settings after using method 2.
To avoid such a situation, here we will offer a popular way for you to help you transfer between Google Drive to G Suite to overcome the limitations of the traditional ways.
Method 3. Migrate Google Drive to G Suite with MultCloud
MultCloud, a free multiple cloud storage manager which aims at transferring files from one cloud to other clouds from one platform without downloading and uploading, could be a useful tool to help you achieve your demand.
Currently, MultCloud supports more than 30 clouds including Google Workspace, Dropbox for Business, OneDrive for Business, OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, Gmail, MEGA, etc. With the help of MultCloud, you can complete your task with ease. The following parts will guide you step by step to achieve personal Google Drive to G Suite migration.
- Cloud Transfer: migrate one cloud data to another without downloading.
- Offline Transfer: move data across clouds even if you turn off the computer or browser.
- Automatic: set a schedule to run cloud transfer tasks automatically.
- Filter: exclude or include files with specific extensions for cloud transfer tasks.
- Versatile: supports 30+ leading cloud drives.
Step 1. Create One MultCloud Account
Before performing the operation, it’s necessary to have one MultCloud account. You may need to create it to have a try.
Step 2. Add Google Drive and Google Workspace to MultCloud
After logging in to MultCloud, you should add your Google Drive and Google Workspace to MultCloud by clicking the "Add Cloud" icon. Click Google Drive from the listed cloud drives and follow the instruction to complete adding it to MultCloud.
Follow the same instructions to add Google Workspace to MultCloud. But there's a slight difference in adding Google Workspace to MultCloud. Before adding it to MultCloud, you need to check the prerequisites given below.
- To add G Suite to MultCloud, you need to confirm if you have G Suite administrator permissions. If you do not have it, contact your G Suite administrator and assign a "Super Admin" role to you.
- You need to log in to G Suite's official website first.
- You need to install "Cloud Transfer - MultCloud" first through the G Suite Marketplace app and install it through "DOMAIN INSTALL". If you select "Individual Install", you are unable to add G Suite to MultCloud.
- If you have removed Cloud Transfer - MultCloud through Google Admin console > Apps > Google Workspace Marketplace apps, then MultCloud will fail to list any members of your domain.
When the above conditions are all ready, go back to MultCloud to add G Suite to MultCloud.
Step 3. Google Drive to G Suite Transfer with "Cloud Transfer"
Go to "Cloud Transfer", select the entire Google Drive as the source, select a directory to store personal Google Drive under G Suite as the destination, click "Transfer Now" and wait for the Google Workspace Drive migration to complete.
- G Suite cannot be selected as the destination. You need to select its subdirectory as the destination path.
- The "Cloud Transfer" feature is more suitable for transferring folders or whole clouds. If you want to transfer files only, you can use "Copy" or "Copy to".
- If there are a lot of files to transfer, as long as the task begins, you can close the page or close your computer because MultCloud supports offline transfer.
- If you have tens of terabytes of data that need to be moved quickly, you can upgrade your MultCloud account to a premium account, so that MultCloud will use the VIP server to migrate your data faster through 10 threads instead of just 2.
Tips for Migrating Google Drive to G Suite
How Do I Move Google Drive to G Suite?
You can use 2 ways to migrate from Google Drive to G Suite. The common ways that we can think of are "Download" & "Upload" and "Share" but it takes time to complete if your network is not in good condition. The popular way is relying on a third-party service, MultCloud.
How Fast Would the Migration?
Many factors can affect the speed of data transfer, ranging from data size, and folder structure, and limiting issues with cloud providers. Get in touch with our support staff to share your source and target details for an accurate estimate of your migration timeline.
What's The Difference Between Google Drive and G Suite?
The biggest difference between Google Drive and Google Workspace is the management feature of G Suite. It is specially designed to allow you to manage other people's accounts as well as your own. You choose which applications, files, etc. a given individual can access. When someone leaves the company, you can disable their access. When some change roles, you can change their access permissions.
Can I Migrate a Specific File or Folder?
Sure, you can migrate a specific file, folder, or group of folders. If you want to copy a specific folder from personal Google Drive to Google Workspace, you can use "Copy" or "Copy to"; if you want to migrate a folder or group of folders, you can make it by using "Cloud Transfer".
Is Multcloud Capable of Accessing Content in My Cloud Service, Like Reading or Downloading My Files?
No, MultCloud cannot access your content. MultCloud can only access the metadata information of the file and we can use MultCloud to migrate the file. Please rest assured that all data is saved in your own cloud.
How to migrate Google Drive to G Suite directly? You can easily migrate Google Drive to Google Workspace following any solutions above. You can select the one that you are most interested in performing the migration process. If you prefer to use the new way with MultCloud, in addition to "Cloud Transfer", MultCloud also has an explorer-type function and "Cloud Sync".
As Google Drive is widely used by us due to its powerful features, if you want to move files from one Google Drive to another, you can use "Copy" or "Copy to". If you would like to create sync relationships between clouds like syncing Google Drive with Dropbox, you can use "Cloud Sync".
MultCloud Supports Clouds
OneDrive for Business
box for Business