What are the Advantages of Using Remote Upload?
Nowadays, many cloud storage tools have a “Remote Upload” feature that enables you to upload images and programs from any URL to the cloud directly. This allows a much faster uploading process than uploading the actual files. Using Remote Upload has some advantages over uploading the actual files.
- Uploading URLs do not contain the lengthy URL of the original image.
- The speed will be faster than uploading the actual files.
- It helps you save space on your hard drive.
Why and How to Achieve pCloud Remote Upload?
pCloud is a secure service that lets you store up to 10GB for free, which is attractive because not all cloud storage tools offer such preferential policies. As more and more files are stored on the hard disk, the unused space on the hard disk becomes less and less. To save hard disk space, we have to save files to the cloud from the URL directly. But there’s a problem that not all cloud storage tools have the ability to remote upload URLs to the cloud.
Luckily, pCloud just perfectly has stopped up a gap for these cloud drives. Not only does it provide much free space to attract users, but it also has pCloud remote upload feature that most cloud drives do not have. In the following parts, we will offer you two simple and free ways to help you upload to pCloud via URL without downloading and uploading.
Solution 1. Upload Files to pCloud via URL with pCloud
Step 1. Log in to your pCloud account.
Step 2. Click the “Upload” icon next to “New Folder” and you will see the “Upload Manager” interface below.
Step 3. Click the “Remote Upload” location, put the URL that you want to upload in the box, click the “Upload” button and wait for the process to complete.
Following this way, you can easily upload URLs to pCloud remotely. You may find it’s easy to use and the upload speed is very fast with the “Remote Upload” feature developed by pCloud.
Here in the below part, we will introduce another way that can also help you remotely upload files to pCloud with a free cloud file transfer tool that’s based on the web page, MultCloud.
Solution 2. pCloud Remote Upload with MultCloud
Step 1. Create one MultCloud account. Or you can click Google or Facebook option to get an account.
Step 2. Add pCloud from supported clouds below to MultCloud.
Note: MultCloud supports more than 30 cloud drives including Google Workspace, Google Drive, Dropbox, Dropbox for Business, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, MEGA, Flickr, Google Photos, etc., you can add all your clouds into MultCloud to manage multiple cloud storage accounts in one place.
Step 3. Open your pCloud account through MultCloud, move to the “Upload File” button, and click “Remote Upload” in the downward list.
Step 4. In the pop-out window, paste the link, hit “Save to Cloud” and wait for the process to complete.
- You need to paste the link to the actual file in the field and not just the link to the webpage where that file is located.
- The form of extension name of the file must be the same as the original form, or the file will fail to be opened properly.
Following any solution from the above methods, they can help you achieve pCloud remote upload quickly without using the download and upload method. You can select one that you are most interested in to perform URL upload to pCloud operation.
More about MultCloud
With the help of MultCLoud, you can manage all cloud drives in one place without switching accounts. For example, it can help you manage multiple OneDrive accounts on Windows 10. If you prefer to use the second method to achieve pCloud remote upload, you will find MultCloud has 5 main features: “Cloud Transfer”, “Team Transfer”, “Cloud Sync”, “Cloud Backup” and “Remote Upload”.
- “Cloud Transfer” can enable you to move numerous files between different cloud services at once instead of the tedious way of downloading files from one cloud and re-uploading them to another again and again.
- “Team Transfer” can assist you to transfer multiple business accounts from one cloud platform to another (Google Workspace, OneDrive for Business, Dropbox Business, Box for Business, etc.)
- For “Cloud Sync”, you are allowed to create sync relationships between cloud drives. If you want to sync Amazon S3 to Google Drive, you can make full use of it.
- "Cloud Backup" can help you back up the data in a cloud drive to other cloud drives and support you to retrieve the data in case of data loss.
- "Remote Upload" can remotely upload URLs, torrent files, and magnet links to cloud drives, such as download torrents directly to Google Drive. During this process, you can download various movies or music files to cloud drives without seeking third-party tools.