Can You Move Files from Google Drive to SharePoint?
With the fast development of cloud storage and file-sharing services, it’s common for you to register one or more clouds to store your data securely and share cloud files with others conveniently. Among all these services, Google Drive and OneDrive are the most popular ones that have deep connections with their collaboration products like G Suite and Microsoft Office 365.
If you are using Google Drive right now and you need to move your files to Microsoft SharePoint Online for better collaboration with your team and organization, you can follow this full guide and find the best way to move files to SharePoint from Google Drive quickly and easily.
How to Move Files from Google Drive to SharePoint in 2 Ways
There are so many methods for moving files from Google Drive to SharePoint Online or migrating Google Shared Drive to SharePoint, some are manual and others are smart. Here we find the 2 most helpful methods for you to move data from Google Drive to SharePoint.
You can follow the first quick method to move from Google Drive to SharePoint by clicking one button without downloading and uploading. If you just need to move a few files to SharePoint, you could also try the second method.
Way 1. Move Google Drive to SharePoint via MultCloud (Recommended)
To successfully transfer files from Google Drive to SharePoint in the simplest way without operating any complicated steps, all you need is to add your clouds to a free and professional web-based cloud file manager called MultCloud.
MultCloud is a reliable multiple cloud storage manager that allows you to add all your clouds to its easy-to-use web interface for efficient cloud file management and superfast cloud-to-cloud transfer.
- One-key transfer/sync/backup: The Cloud Transfer, Team Transfer, Cloud Sync, and Cloud Backup features enable you to transfer data across clouds at once.
- Offline & Schedule transfer: You can set up a schedule for MultCloud to perform tasks even without turning on your device.
- Industry-leading transfer speed and security: MultCloud provides from 2 to 10 threads for data transfer and uses 256-bit AES encryption to protect your data transfer.
- Quickly access to all cloud files: By adding clouds to MultCloud, you can access all your clouds with one login and easily upload, download, rename preview, cut, copy, delete, remote upload, or share files with your clouds conveniently.
- More than 30 major clouds are supported: MultCloud supports the leading clouds for personal and business accounts such as Google Drive, Google Workspace, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, Dropbox, Amazon S3, FTP, WebDAV, etc.
Now you can follow the step-by-step instructions below to move Google Drive files to SharePoint Online sites immediately.
Step 1. Get a MultCloud on the official website and log in.
Step 2. Click the “Add Cloud” button and choose the Google Drive icon, then select a Google account in the pop-up window to add your Google Drive to MultCloud.
Step 3. Add your SharePoint Online tenant to MultCloud in the same way.
Tip: You could choose “Shared with me”, “Shared Drive”, or “Google Workspace” if you want to move files from these places to SharePoint Online.
Step 4. Move to the Cloud Transfer page to create your Google Drive to SharePoint transfer task. Choose Google Drive or files and folders in it as the source, then choose a documents library of a SharePoint Online site as the destination.
Step 5. Click the “Transfer Now” button below and your data will be quickly moved from Google Drive to SharePoint by MultCloud.
- MultCloud offers many cost-effective plans for you to choose from. You can choose one to get more data traffic, lightning-fast transfer speed, and additional functions like “Filter” and “Schedule”.
- To set up automatic Google Drive to SharePoint Online migration, you can click “Schedule” below and choose a daily, weekly, or monthly plan according to your needs.
Way 2. Copy Files from Google Drive to SharePoint by Google Takeout
Google Takeout is an official service provided by Google that allows you to choose specific data to download from Google-related services to a local device or a few major clouds like OneDrive and Dropbox. But the shortcoming is that the downloaded files will be automatically compressed as a zip file so you have to manually unzip it before moving to SharePoint Online. And it only supports downloading from the My Drive folder of your Google Drive.
Step 1. Log in to Google Takeout with your Google account.
Step 2. Click “Deselect all” and select your Google Drive data that you want to move to SharePoint Online. Then click “Next step” at the bottom.
Step 3. Choose “Send download link via email” and click “Create export”.
Step 4. Download the data from Google Takeout and unzip it.
Step 5. Log in to your SharePoint Online to upload files to SharePoint.
In the End
With the detailed instructions on how to move files from Google Drive to SharePoint Online libraries in 2 easy ways, you can choose the most suitable method and move Google Drive data to SharePoint Online without losing any data.
Besides, if you still want to use two different clouds at the same time, MultCloud offers a great Cloud Sync feature to help you sync SharePoint to Dropbox or other clouds seamlessly in one-way or two-way with 10 wonderful sync modes.