What is SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online Migration?
Everyone has heard of Microsoft’s cloud services like OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Azure, etc., and Microsoft 365 is a collection of all these cloud file sharing and collaboration services. Microsoft Office 365 is a way for companies to get direct online access to Microsoft products and other technology services with Microsoft accounts. And SharePoint is now a popular one in Microsoft that changes the way an organization or team collaborates with its members.
In many cases, an organization or a company may have the demand to migrate SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online due to the common scenarios such as mergers, corporate divestitures, brand spin-offs, and acquisitions. All these conditions may lead to the requirement of SharePoint Online tenant-to-tenant migration.
Since SharePoint Online may contain lots of data about an organization, the SharePoint-to-SharePoint Online migration is a fundamental change that requires appropriate planning, testing, and final check to ensure a successful tenant-to-tenant SharePoint migration.
What is the Easiest SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online Migration Tool?
Instead of downloading data from one SharePoint tenant and uploading files to SharePoint of another tenant, you can use the "Save Site as Template" feature of SharePoint to simply migrate SharePoint site from one tenant to another. This is a very secure and simple method but requires some technical knowledge and a bit of good patience.
This kind of SharePoint-to-SharePoint site migration needs you to save the source SharePoint site as a template and then attach the template to the destination site all by yourself. The source site must be saved as a template and attached to the destination site. Then you may need to copy the contents of the source SharePoint site to the destination manually.
As you can see, this manual process may take you lots of time and energy to perform repetitive tasks. And the SharePoint migration tool (SPMT) is more suitable to migrate SharePoint On-Premises to SharePoint Online. So, how to migrate SharePoint online to another tenant easily for free? You can try to use a professional web-based cloud file manager called MultCloud to help you transfer files between cloud storage services fast.
MultCloud is a reliable multiple cloud storage manager that doesn’t require you to download or install anything but gives you the best convenience to use, manage, and transfer data between more than 30 major cloud services for free.
- One-key data migration across clouds: With the Cloud Transfer, Team Transfer, Cloud Sync, and Cloud Backup features, you can migrate data seamlessly and quickly between clouds with only one click.
- More than 30 popular clouds are supported: MultCloud now supports personal and business cloud services such as OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, Google Drive, Google Workspace, Amazon S3, FTP, NAS, Wasabi, Dropbox, MEGA, etc.
- Access all your cloud data from all the operating systems: As a web service, MultCloud allows you to use it on different platforms easily without installation.
- Top security protection for data transfer and clouds: You will get the OAuth authorization system to add your clouds safely to MultCloud and your cloud-to-cloud transfer process will be fully protected by the 256-bit AES encryption.
Therefore, you can follow the clear instruction below to learn how to use this simple SharePoint to SharePoint migration tool.
How to Migrate SharePoint Online to Another Tenant Easily via MultCloud
Using MultCloud to migrate SharePoint to SharePoint Online is very easy. You just need to register MultCloud on the website and add your SharePoint accounts to MultCloud. Then the Cloud Transfer function will help you migrate SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online immediately without any risk of data loss.
However, before migrating SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online, you may have to make sure that you have the admin accounts of both SharePoint Online tenants and have the “edit” permissions of all the sites. What’s more, as a third-party SharePoint migration tool online to online, MultCloud can only migrate the documents and image libraries between SharePoint Online sites due to data protocol issues.
Step 1. Create a MultCloud Account
Open the MultCloud website on your browser and sign up for an account for free. Or you can click the “Transfer without signing up” to have a try with a temp account. Besides, MultCloud also supports logging in with Facebook/Google accounts.
Step 2. Add SharePoint Online to MultCloud
When entering MultCloud, you can click the “Add Cloud” button and choose the SharePoint icon to add one of your SharePoint Online tenants to MultCloud. Then repeat this step to add another SharePoint Online tenant to MultCloud.
Step 3. Create SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online Migration
Move to the Cloud Transfer interface, choose a site of one of your SharePoint Online tenants as the source, and choose the site in another SharePoint Online tenant as the destination. Then click the “Transfer Now” button below and MultCloud will immediately migrate SharePoint site from one tenant to another.
- You can repeat this operation to migrate all the sites to another SharePoint Online tenant.
- You don’t have to wait for the task to be done since MultCloud supports the offline transfer.
- Since the data stored in SharePoint Online is always large, you can subscribe MultCloud to get more data traffic and lightning-fast transfer speed for your migration.
- What’s more, as a subscriber, you can then use the “Filter” in the “Options” to exclude or only include files with certain extensions, or you can choose a plan in the “Schedule” to create automatic SharePoint migration.
The SharePoint Online to SharePoint Online migration seems to be complicated since there are too many level relationships and mass data of a SharePoint Online tenant. Hence an easy way to migrate data between SharePoint Online tenants is much-needed. If your main purpose is to migrate the documents and images between SharePoint Online accounts, MultCloud could be your best choice.
In addition, MultCloud offers a new tram migration function called Team Transfer. It can help you migrate Google Shared Drive to OneDrive for Business or between other business clouds easily with the ability to auto-match the source and destination sub-accounts.