Can You Link OneDrive to SharePoint Seamlessly?
User Case: “I have some SharePoint OneDrive sync issues that my team has some folders in OneDrive which we want to sync OneDrive folder to SharePoint Online sites without downloading from OneDrive and uploading to SharePoint.”
Since OneDrive and SharePoint are both Microsoft products based on Microsoft Office 365, the files and folders of a OneDrive for Business shared library are automatically connected to the SharePoint sites of the same Microsoft 365 account.
But how to link OneDrive to SharePoint easily if the files are stored in the “My files” folder of a personal OneDrive or OneDrive for Business account? You can quickly look through this full guide to learn how to link SharePoint to OneDrive and vice versa in the easiest way for free.
Why Connect OneDrive to SharePoint Site?
As the world technology progresses and our work style continues to change, for many organizations and teams, remote work is becoming more and more popular. Cloud storage and online file-sharing services such as Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint Online are being used to enable efficient team collaboration and work.
While there are similarities between SharePoint Online and OneDrive, there are also distinct differences that make you want to connect to SharePoint through OneDrive for Business or personal OneDrive and use these services together.
OneDrive vs SharePoint Online
|Store and backup files on the cloud.||Upload and open files in SharePoint site libraries.|
|Online and offline edit files.||Use the same file with others.|
|Sync music with Groove.||Build a site or add a library for team collaboration.|
|Auto-backup photos and videos to online albums.||Control the access permissions of a site, library, or folder.|
As you can see, OneDrive is more suitable for personal use and SharePoint Online can help you achieve team collaboration in a better way. By connecting OneDrive to SharePoint, you can share your files with our team efficiently while accessing OneDrive files from SharePoint easily. Below is the detailed guide to help you let OneDrive connect to SharePoint seamlessly.
How to Connect OneDrive to SharePoint Online Easily
You can forget about the normal ways to connect OneDrive and SharePoint by downloading, uploading, or sharing OneDrive files to SharePoint through sharing links. Because with the large help of a free and professional third-party multiple cloud storage manager, MultCloud, you can quickly solve the OneDrive not syncing to SharePoint issue by clicking one key in this simple web service.
- Manage 30+ major clouds securely in one interface: MultCloud supports more than 30 leading personal and business cloud storage services like OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, Google Workspace, Google Drive, Amazon S3, Backblaze, FTP, etc.
- Link or sync clouds seamlessly with one click: You can use the Cloud Sync function to let OneDrive for Business connect to SharePoint or use the Cloud Transfer, Team Transfer, and Cloud Backup functions to migrate from OneDrive to SharePoint as you want.
- 10 excellent sync modes in one-way and two-way: MultCloud offers 10 multifunctional Cloud Sync modes for you to let OneDrive sync with SharePoint according to your specific requirements.
Connect OneDrive to SharePoint by MultCloud
Now you can follow the step-by-step instructions below to quickly figure out how to connect OneDrive with SharePoint by using the Cloud Sync function of MultCloud.
Step 1. Get a MultCloud account from the official website and log in.
Step 2. Click “Add Cloud” and choose the OneDrive or OneDrive for Business icon. Then choose your cloud account in the pop-up window to add your OneDrive to MultCloud. After that, add your SharePoint Online in the same way.
Step 3. Build your OneDrive to SharePoint connection on the Cloud Sync page. Click the left square to choose files and folders in OneDrive as the source. Then click the right square to choose a documents library in a SharePoint Online site as the destination.
Step 4. Click the “Options” to set up your OneDrive and SharePoint sync mode. Then click “OK” in the pop-up window.
- 4 basic sync modes are for all MultCloud users: Normal Sync and Real Time Sync in one-way and two-way.
- 6 advanced sync modes are only for subscribers: Mirror Sync, Move Sync, Cumulative Sync, Update Sync, Incremental Sync, and Full Backup Sync in one-way.
Step 5. Click “Sync Now” to link files from OneDrive to SharePoint at once.
- By subscribing MultCloud, you will not only get all the sync modes but also get the superfast sync speed, more data traffic, “Filter”, and “Schedule” functions.
- You can choose a daily, weekly, or monthly plan in the “Schedule” to let MultCloud automatically connect OneDrive and SharePoint even offline.
It is so easy to connect OneDrive to SharePoint Online site and then access OneDrive files from SharePoint by using MultCloud to sync OneDrive with SharePoint safely and simply.
What’s more, if you find SharePoint is better than other clouds and want to migrate from other clouds to SharePoint without any risk of data loss, the Cloud Transfer function of MultCloud could help you a lot to migrate Box to SharePoint or migrate from other previous clouds at once.