Can You Transfer Photos from Google Drive to Flickr?
No matter which clouds you use in daily life, you may find that these cloud storage services like Google Drive and Flickr don’t give you any possibility to directly migrate Google Drive to Flickr or other clouds. However, this article will show you two different easy ways to copy photos from Google Drive to Flickr successfully.
Why Move Photos from Google Drive to Flickr?
Google Drive, one of the best and most famous cloud storage and online file-sharing services, offers 15 GB of free storage for users to store files like documents, photos, and videos online. Users can share photos from the cloud with Google users individually by adding Google accounts or sharing with everyone through links.
Flickr, as a traditional photo-sharing site, is increasingly popular among users who want to store and share their photos or videos with others online. Flickr allows you to upload 1000 photos and videos to the cloud. And you can choose the viewing permissions of each item to let it expose to yourself, your friends, your family, or everyone without sharing photos with them individually.
As you can see that Flickr may be better at storing and sharing photos than Google Drive, if you export photos from Google Drive to Flickr, you can then enjoy the great and easy ways to share photos online without sending links or adding accounts individually.
How to Transfer Photos from Google Drive to Flickr in 2 Ways
Even though Google Drive and Flickr don’t provide any tool to transfer photos between these two services, you can still achieve the Google Drive to Flickr photo migration manually or smartly in two different ways.
Normal Way: Migrate Photos from Google Drive to Flickr by Downloading and Uploading
You can always transfer from Google Drive to Flickr by downloading photos from Google Drive and then re-uploading these photos to Flickr. But this traditional method is suitable only if you have a few photos and videos to be transferred. You would experience a long time waiting with a high risk of data loss if you transfer a large number of photos in this way.
Step 1. Log in to the Google Drive web with your Google Account.
Step 2. Right-click on the photo or folder and choose “Download” in the dropdown menu to download photos to the browser folder on your computer.
Tip: If the data that you want to download is larger than 2 GB, Google Drive will change it into a zip file and download it to local so you have to unzip the file before completing the following steps.
Step 3. Log in to Flickr on the browser.
Step 4. Click the cloud icon in the upper right corner and choose the “Choose photos and videos to upload” button to upload the downloaded photos and videos to Flickr. Or you can just drag and drop photos and videos from your computer to the Flickr interface.
Tip: Please wait for the downloading and uploading process to be done by the browser.
Efficient Way: How to Move Photos from Google Drive to Flickr via MultCloud
If you feel tired when performing the above operation, you can try to use a professional web-based multiple cloud storage manager called MultCloud to help you transfer photos and videos from Google Drive to Flickr without downloading and uploading. MultCloud is a reliable cloud file manager that offers an easy-to-use interface for you to manage and transfer data between more than 30 popular cloud storage services for free.
- One-key fast data transfer/sync/backup: You can make full use of the Cloud Transfer, Team Transfer (business clouds), Cloud Sync, and Cloud Backup features to transfer data across clouds with a single click.
- Best service for everyday use and management of all clouds: You can upload, download, share, cut, copy, rename, delete, preview, and remote upload files with all your clouds in MultCloud without logging into the official websites respectively.
- Great security protection for data and accounts: Your data transfer will be fill-time protected by the 256-bit AES encryption and MultCloud uses the OAuth authorization system to link your clouds securely.
- Full support of clouds and devices: MultCloud supports 30+ clouds for personal and business accounts and the website can be perfectly entered on every operating system.
Now you can follow the clear instructions below to move photos and videos from Google Drive to Flickr at once.
Step 1. Sign up MultCloud and log in.
Step 2. Click the “Add Cloud” button and choose the Google Drive or Google Workspace icon to add your Google Drive to MultCloud. Then repeat to add your Flickr account to MultCloud.
Step 3. Move to the “Cloud Transfer” page, select photos and videos in Google Drive as the source, and select Flickr or a folder in it as the destination.
Step 4. Click the “Transfer Now” button below so that MultCloud will transfer Google Drive to Flickr immediately.
- You can turn on “Email Notification” in the “Options” and not wait for the task to be done since MultCloud supports offline transfer and will inform you right after the task is completed.
- You can subscribe MultCloud and choose a daily, weekly, or monthly plan in the “Schedule” for MultCloud to automatically transfer Google Drive photos to Flickr.
In the End
You can find that it is super easy to transfer photos from Google Drive to Flickr with the help of MultCloud. What’s more, MultCloud also offers other great functions like Cloud Backup, Cloud Sync, and Team Transfer for you to try. If you want to backup Flickr to Dropbox or other clouds in the most efficient way, you can use the Cloud Backup function and then manage every version of your backups clearly in MultCloud.