Why sync Flickr to Dropbox?
As we know, today is cloud age. There are many cloud products in the word. Cloud drives like OneDrive, GoogleDrive, Dropbox, MEGA, Amazon cloud drive and so on. Cloud services like Evernote, Flickr, MySQL, FTP, WebDav, etc. To store photos and videos in the cloud online, Flickr is a good choice. Released by Ludicorp in 2004 and acquired by Yahoo in 2005, Flickr has more than ten years of history and experience.
Flickr provides professional services on editing pictures online and sharing to community and social networking. But in order to protect data in Flickr, store them in another place is necessary especially some important files. Another place except local hard disk, cloud drive is also a great selection. For example, Dropbox. Once linked Flicker to Dropbox, we don’t need to move photos from Flickr to Dropbox every time. Sync Flickr to Dropbox task can be committed when it is necessary.
How to transfer Flickr to Dropbox?
If we search “sync Flickr to Dropbox” from Google, there are many old threads asked this question. Now, things becomes easier. Don’t need to download and upload twice. MultCloud provides the direct transfer service. And once realized transfer by the tool, also means realized sync.
MultCloud is a web app to transfer, sync across cloud services, so visiting the site to use it. Sign up free or Experience without signing up.
In MultCloud, add Flikcr and Dropbox one by one. There are some notes when adding Flickr.
- You can only transfer pictures or videos to Flickr.
- Folders can only be transferred to "Albums" directory and there can not be subdirectories under "Albums" directory.
- Files can only be transferred to "My Photostream" or "Albums" directory you create.
- All your files can be found in "My Photostream" directory.
- All files under "Albums" directory are referenced to "My Photostream" directory.
- When you delete a file under "Albums" directory, in fact, you just remove the file from "Albums" directory, however, it still exists under "My Photostream" directory.
- When you delete a file under "My Photostream", corresponding file under "Albums" directory will be deleted.
- Album directory must have at least one file.
- When creating a folder under "Albums" directory, MultCloud will add newest file that you uploaded to your Flickr to it automatically.
After adding clouds to MultCloud, you can view files under Cloud Explorer interface. Copy photos from Flickr to Dropbox can be done by context menu or drag&drop. Cloud Explorer has preview, share, cut, rename, delete operations like in Windows Explorer.
Copy is simple transfer, complex transfer please switch to Cloud Sync window. Here, MultCloud gives you eight sync ways in total: simple sync, mirror sync, move sync, cumulative sync, update sync, incremental backup sync, full backup sync and two-way sync. Default is one-way sync, you can click the arrow to switch to two-way sync. What you should do is deciding source and destination, selecting a sync method, some options and schedule. Details please refer to here.
Sync Flickr to Dropbox by MultCloud is very convenient. Once realized sync, import Flickr to Dropbox to protect data can be run automatically. MultCloud is a great helper.