How Do I Sync Two Synology NAS over the Internet?
“Is it possible to make 2 Synology NAS devices mirror each other on the Internet (the entire NAS, not just a specific folder)?” We have 2 offices in different cities and hope to have such a tool that can achieve mirror sync. That is to say, any changes/new files made on NAS 1 account will be synced to NAS 2 account, and vice versa, whenever someone in another office does it change. Is there any tool that can do it?”
Introduction to NAS
NAS, as a special dedicated data storage server, can provide cross-platform file sharing capabilities. NAS itself can support a variety of protocols (such as NFS, CIFS, FTP, HTTP, etc.), and can support a variety of operating systems. It is data-centric and completely separates the storage device from the server, thus freeing up bandwidth, improving performance and reducing the total cost of ownership.
Why Sync Two NAS over Internet?
For large enterprises, using NAS is not unfamiliar, because NAS is a dedicated data storage server. But when two NAS devices are not in the same place, if you want to manage data at the same time, synchronizing the two NAS servers will be the best choice. Besides, backup NAS to NAS can keep data safe.
Best Free NAS Sync Software
How to perform NAS to NAS? For professionals, it’s easy to synchronize NAS to NAS. But for ordinary people, this is a huge challenge. However, as long as you find a right service, it will become very easy. Therefore, MultCloud, a professional and FREE NAS sync software is highly recommended to do sync effectively.
- Multiple Sync modes supported. As a professional cloud sync service, it has several sync modes, including “Simple Sync”, “Mirror Sync”, “Move Sync”, “Incremental Backup Sync”, “Two-way Sync”, etc.
- Offline Sync Supported. Even though your PC is shut down, it can also achieve offline sync, which will greatly improve your work efficiency.
- Cloud to Cloud Sync supported. It not only allows you to sync 2 NAS over Internet, but also allows you to do cloud to cloud sync.
- Multiple Sync devices supported. It has no restrictions on synchronization devices, no matter if you use Synology, QNAP, WD or others.
How to Sync Two NAS over Internet in 3 Steps?
In the following part, you will learn how to sync two Synology NAS with MultCloud.
Before you do: The way to add your NAS account to MultCloud is a little different from adding a cloud drive, you need to enable FTP server on Synology NAS or enable WebDav service on Synology NAS before adding it. After related service is enabled, you can add your NAS smoothly to MultCloud by authorizing MultCloud to get access to your NAS account.
Step 1. Create a free MultCloud account. Here are 2 ways to make it. You can register one MultCloud with your email address or you can click on “Experience without signing up” option to get one temp account.
Step 2. Log in MultCloud and add your NAS accounts to MultCloud by clicking on “Add Clouds button. Click on NAS to add, click on “Next” button and authorize MultCloud to get access to your NAS account. Follow the same way to add another NAS account to MultCloud. After that, both NAS account will be listed in the left panel.
Note: In order to distinguish these two NAS accounts, when adding these accounts, you can name your account as NAS 1 and NAS 2.
Step 3. To sync one NAS to another, tap on “Cloud Sync” to enter in sync interface. Select your NAS 1 account as the source, select NAS 2 as the destination, click on “Cloud Sync” button, and the sync process will start.
- As MultCloud supports offline sync, you can close the page when the task starts because MultCloud can sync your files at the background.
- MultCloud sync the task using “Simple Sync” by default. If you want to change it, you can change it through the “Options”.
- It has no restrictions on the size of the files you transfer so you can transfer unlimited data as long as you have enough data traffic.
- To get more data traffic, you can upgrade your account to the premium account so that you can enjoy the freedom of unlimited transfer size.
As you can see, MultCloud can sync two NAS over Internet easily and quickly. In addition to “Cloud Sync”, MultCloud can also do cloud to cloud transfer. For its “Cloud Transfer”, it’s different from the traditional transfer method-Download and Upload, it can transfer files between clouds directly. So if you want to transfer files from one OneDrive to another, you can try it.