If you are a webmaster and manage the server by using FTP or SFTP, you may need to sync files between FTP for various reasons. Such as changing a FTP, making a backup and so on. Sync files between FTP can be operated automatically instead of manual way. Here is a FTP sync freeware to help you realize this - MultCloud.
Following are steps will guide you on how to setup a sync FTP servers task.
- Visit MultCloud’s website: www.multcloud.com.
- Click on “Sign up” button, then fill in your information to get an account and sign in finally. Or click “Experience without signing up” to enter in MultCloud.
- Add your FTP accounts one by one in MultCloud. MultCloud supports FTP, FTPS and SFTP. You should type a display name, server address, port number, username and password. Advanced options are common FTP, encoding and path. At last, click the “Add FTP Account” button to go.
- Add another FTP account as step 3. For few files, you can copy & paste files from one FTP to another likes in Windows explorer. Context menu has these selections, “Copy to” is also OK. Or even holding your mouse, drag & drop.
- If you want to sync all folders in FTP or some complex sync missions. Please switch to Cloud Sync interface. Here, MultCloud provides eight different sync ways, simple sync, mirror sync, move sync, cumulative sync, update sync, incremental backup sync, full backup sync and two-way sync. Please note that some sync method will delete files in FTP server, so ensure you chose the right way. Additional options are email notification, filter and schedule settings. After setting OK, you can click the Sync button to start.
- MultCloud has a Task Manager. You can check your tasks there and re-edit or cancel them.
More about MultCloud
Except sync files across FTP, MultCloud is able to transfer files between FTP. MultCloud is a transfer tool, which has a special transfer interface - Cloud Transfer Service. MultCloud as a multiple cloud management web service, supports besides FTP, but also Dropbox, Dropbox for Business, Google Drive, Box, Amazon S3, Amazon Cloud Drive, SugarSync, Alfresco, hubiC, Evernote, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, MEGA, Egnyte, pCloud, CloudMe, Cubby, MyDrive, WEB.DE, Yandex, HiDrive, MySQL, Flickr, MediaFire, ownCloud, ADrive, BaiDu and WebDav.