Definition of Saving to Google Drive via URL
Saving URL to Google Drive refers to save online files/folders, photos/images/pictures/screenshots/graphics, pdfs, tables/charts/forms, audios/music/songs, videos/movies, web pages etc. data stored in remote server or cloud storages to Google Drive cloud from their URL link addresses.
How to Save to Google Drive from URL?
Usually, we store those web files by openning their web links in a browser like Chrome. Then, download them to local devices. Finally, upload them from local machine to Google cloud. Remoting upload to Google Drive through this way is a little bit troublesome. Then, how to deal with such situation? Is there any way to directly save file to Google Drive from URL?
Yes, of course! There is a third party URL to cloud drive download software called MultCloud that can resolve this problem perfectly. 4 steps for saving URL to GDrive in the following parts will be introduced.
1. Sign up for MultCloud - Free
MultCloud is a FREE web-based cloud to cloud file transfer manager tool which only requires us to create an account without downloading and installing its app.
2. Add Google Drive to MultCloud
After registering to MultCloud successfully, sign in to its platform. In the main user interface, click “Add Clouds” tab on the top and select “Google Drive” and follow the easy guidance to finish adding cloud operation.
3. Save to Google Drive from URL
When all preparations above are done, go to “Cloud Explorer” tab, in the left menu, choose the added Google Drive to make it active. Then, click “Upload” on the upper left and select “Upload URL” in the pop-up window.
4. Input URL
In the next window, input target URL links in the first column and specify a name to the file in the second column. Confirm the information and click “OK” and wait for the process to complete.
- The extension of the filename you specify should be the same as the original one. Otherwise, you are unable to view the file properly after saving to Google. Of course, you can keep the default file name as it is.
- MultCloud can upload one item in one time currently. To add more online files, you have to repeat the process.
- When the whole task is done, you can see those online files in Google Drive through MultCloud "Cloud Explorer" platform. If you can’t see them, just refresh the panel by clicking the Refresh icon on the upper right next to the Search icon (magnifier); or, refresh the web browser.