Why Transfer School Google Drive to Another Account?
As one of the most famous cloud storage services, Google Drive is applied by lots of users to store and share files online conveniently. And for school users who want to collaborate with each other in the most efficient and smart way, it is a popular choice to sign up Google Workspace for team members.
Especially if you are a college student, you are very likely to get a student account of school Google Drive, also named as Google Workspace for Education. With school Google Drive, both teacher and student can use the school data easily and securely. But you may want to copy files from school Google Drive to another account for the following reasons.
- Save a copy of assignment and backup school files to another account from time to time to keep data safe.
- Your school Google Drive is lack of storage space so that you have to move some files to another account.
- Senior students who are going to graduate or move to a new school may need to keep important files to personal Google accounts.
To help you transfer files from school Google Drive to another account without any extra effort, this article is going to tell you 4 different practical methods based on a third-party cloud file manager and the Google account manager. Now you can look through the excellent methods below and find the best way you like to achieve school Google Drive to another account migration at once.
2 Advanced Ways to Transfer School Google Drive to Another Account via MultCloud (Recommended)
MultCloud is a free web-based multiple cloud storage manager which can help you manage and transfer data between 30+ brands of cloud storage services seamlessly in a well-designed interface without downloading and uploading.
- Cloud Sync: sync data across clouds in real time to keep content consistent.
- Cloud Transfer: one-key to move cloud data from one to another.
- Cloud Backup: back up data from one cloud drive to another one.
- Cloud Share: share cloud files and collaborate with other cloud users.
To transfer data from school Google Drive to another account as easily as possible, “Cloud Transfer” and “Copy to” are most worth your trying.
- Cloud Transfer: You can transfer from one or more clouds to one cloud with a single click and some additional options. And you can set up daily, weekly, or monthly scheduled cloud file transfer plan to let MultCloud perform task automatically.
- Copy to: You can choose one cloud and transfer to one or multiple clouds at once without any additional option.
Next, we will take how to transfer school Google Drive to personal Google Drive as an example for your reference.
Method 1. Transfer Files from School Google Drive to Another Account by Cloud Transfer
This method is more recommended if you have lots of data to transfer from School Google Drive to another one.
Step 1. Create a MultCloud account for free.
Step 2. Click "Add Cloud" and choose Google Workspace to add your school Google Drive account to MultCloud. Then click Google Drive or another cloud to add to MultCloud.
Tip: You can add as many cloud accounts as you have to MultCloud for free since MultCloud has no limit to the number of adding cloud.
Step 3. Enter "Cloud Transfer" function in MultCloud, select Google Workspace for Education or files and folders in it as the source directory, then select Google Drive account or a folder in it as the destination directory.
- Options: you can turn on email notification, set up “Filter” to ignore or only transfer file with certain file extension, or choose the way which MultCloud will treat with the source and destination files.
- Schedule: MultCloud can automatically transfer school Google Drive to another cloud account with schedule plan.
Step 4. Click “Transfer Now” to start the Cloud Transfer task immediately.
- When the task starts, you can close the website or shut down your device because MultCloud supports offline transfer and will run the task in background.
- MultCloud offers 5 GB free traffic per month for each user to transfer data through. But considering that you may have too many files which need to be transferred another account, you can upgrade to premium subscription plan to get more data traffic and superfast transfer speed.
Method 2. Copy School Google Drive to Another Account by “Copy to”
Compared to the first method, this one is perfect if you just need to transfer or copy a few files from school Google Drive to another account.
Step 1. Open your school Google Drive in MultCloud, tick the files and folders which you want to transfer from this account.
Step 2. Click "Copy to" in the feature bar above, select Google Drive in the pop-up window.
Step 3. Click “OK” and you will find the transferred files in your personal Google Drive account.
Tip: Tick “Multi-select” and you will be able to select more cloud accounts to transfer files to.
Bonus Tip: If you transfer Google Workspace for Education to another account just intend to make backup of your school files, you can try Cloud Backup in MultCloud which can help you backup school Google Drive to another account with a single click while managing the versions of each Cloud Backup task clearly and easily.
3 Other Common Ways to Transfer School Google Drive to Another Account
Although the above 2 methods are so simple and can help you quickly transfer files from school Google Drive to another account in few steps without any risk of data loss, you can still try the next 3 methods.
Method 1. Transfer School Google Drive to Personal Google Account by Download and Upload
This method should be the first option for most common users. It requires the user to download and save data to the computer storage from the School Google Drive first; then upload them to the target account. It is advised when there is just a few content to transfer.
Step 1. Go to the Google Drive website, log in to your school Google Drive account, then select and right click files you want to transfer and click on Download, wait for all files to be downloaded.
Step 2. Log in another Google account and select Upload files/Upload folder under the My Drive tab, and choose the files on your computer and wait for the files to be uploaded to the Google Drive account.
Method 2. Transfer School Google Drive to Personal Google Account by “Transfer your content”
Also, you can make use of "Transfer your content" feature that official website of Google Account provides. It allows you to transfer My Drive files, other files you own in school Google Drive, and your Gmail of this account to another account by enter the source and destination email addresses. Just do as following:
Step 1. Sign in Google Account website with your school Google Drive account, then go to “Transfer your content” and click “Start transfer”.
Step 2. Enter the Google account which you want to transfer files to, then click “SEND CODE”.
Step 3. Log in Gmail with the destination account and copy the code which you receive from Google.
Step 4. Paste the code to the blank and click “VERIFY”.
Step 5. Choose the data which you want to transfer to another Google account, then click “START TRANSFER”.
- You will become the owner of all transferred files in your personal Google account.
- Google will send an email to you when the content transfer is done.
- The transfer process of this method may take from a few hours to a week.
Method 2. Transfer School Google Drive to Another Account by Google Takeout
At last, the “Google Takeout” can also helpful when you want to copy files from school Google Drive to another account. The data you select in school Google Drive account will be downloaded and transformed as one zip file by Google Takeout, then Google Takeout will upload the zip file to another of your accounts.
Step 1. In Google Account website, click “Data and privacy” and choose “Download your data”.
Step 2. Select the data of your school Google Drive account which you are going to transfer to another account. Then click “Next step”.
Step 3. Choose “Add to Drive” as the delivery method, then click “Create export” below.
Step 4. Sign in the pop-up window with your personal Google account and click “Next”. Then the transferred files will appear in another Google account’s Google Takeout folder.
All these 5 great methods are free for you to transfer school Google Drive to another account. As you can see, using MultCloud to migrate school Google Drive to another account only requires you to take minimum steps but gives you the fastest transfer experience without any worry. Besides, you can use the first two methods to migrate Google Workspace to Google Workspace and other cloud drive services as well.