How to backup Outlook emails from browser?
I want to backup my Outlook emails which are currently on the server using the browser instead of the Outlook-installed application. As when i make exporting from the application only the downloaded emails are backup while still some emails are on the server and not backed up. It shall be noted that my server emails size are around 6 GB.
- Question from answers.microsoft.com
If you are just like the user above and want to backup Outlook 365 emails from browser, you’re in the right place, because we will show you the step-by-step guide for you to protect your Outlook emails safe in different ways.
If you would like to backup outlook Emails from browser, you have two ways to make it: Print and Save.
Way 1. Backup Outlook Emails from Browser via Print
Here are the simple steps to backup Outlook emails from browser:
1. Please log in to your Outlook account from the browser.
2. Click Inbox, and then open an Outlook email by clicking.
3. Tap the three-dots icon from the top right menu, then choose Print from the menu.
4. Click Print > Save as PDF > Save, then choose a location on your computer to backup Outlook emails from browser.
Tip: You have to repeat the process to backup all Outlook Emails from browser.
Way 2. Backup Outlook Emails from Browser via Save
Besides the print way, you have another way how to save emails from the Outlook web app to hard drive, here is how it works:
1. Please log in to your Outlook website from a browser.
2. Select Inbox and then open an email.
3. Click the three-dots icon from the top right, and select Save.
4. Wait a moment, Outlook email will be downloaded to your computer in .eml format.
You’re able to view the whole email content via Mozilla Thunderbird or other tools.
Tip: This way would take much more time if you’d like to backup all Outlook emails from browser with the Save feature.
Way 3. Backup Outlook Emails from Browser via Export Mailbox
Except for save and print way, you can use Export Mailbox to backup Outlook emails from browser, here are the steps to export emails from Outlook web app to PST file:
1. Please log in to your Outlook account.
2. Click on the Gear icon (Settings) on the top right.
3. Select View all Outlook settings.
4. Choose General > Privacy & Data > Export Mailbox.
Tip: The process will take up to 4 days and you will generate a PST file.
It seems like backing up Outlook emails from browser for all desired items is not easy. Is there any other way to backup all Outlook emails to keep them safe, definitely, let’s find out.
Tip 1. Backup All Outlook Emails to Another Cloud at One Time
To backup all Outlook emails at once, it’s highly recommended to try the powerful web-based cloud file manager - MultCloud, which allows you to migrate all Outlook emails to Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, or other clouds directly without downloading and re-uploading.
Simple steps are listed below to backup all Outlook emails to Google Drive with MultCloud:
1. Please log in to MultCloud after signing up.
2. Choose Add Email > Outlook to add, then hit Add Cloud > Google Drive and follow the step to grant access.
3. Tap Email Migration, choose Outlook as the source, and a Google Drive folder as the destination.
- If you want to backup Outlook attachments as well, go to Options, and tick Save Attachments and other settings, like Email to smart your work.
- Hit Schedule to enable Outlook automatic backup, like daily, weekly, and monthly, which is very useful to generate new incoming emails in the future.
- Email Filter allows you to only include emails that you’d like to backup, from some specified person, date, or just emails with attachments, or unread.
- For free users, you have up to 50 email-to-PDF conversions, just unlock unlimited conversions and all advanced features after upgrading.
4. Hit the Migrate Now button to migrate files from Outlook to Google Drive directly.
With this method, you’re able to backup all Outlook emails at once without backup one by one, it’s quite quick and time-saving.
Tip 2. Download All Outlook Emails as PDFs
For Outlook emails safety, you can download all Outlook emails as PDFs to save to your hard drive with MultCloud, here is how it works:
1. Please ensure you have added Outlook first before downloading.
2. Click Outlook from the left side, open the Inbox folder.
3. Tick the box next to Select All, select Download.
4. Tick Save Attachments and Conversation Format, click OK to download all Outlook emails as PDFs.
Now all Outlook emails have been downloaded as PDF, move them to the location you’d like to manage.
How to backup Outlook 365 emails from browser? There are 3 ways for you with step-by-step guide. On the other hand, if you would like to backup Outlook emails to another cloud or locally, MultCloud would do you a big favor. So why not give it a try?
MultCloud Supports Clouds
OneDrive for Business
box for Business