Cloud download into Google Drive in this article refers to download online files/folders, music/songs, videos/movies, photos/pictures/images/albums, graphics, etc. data to Google Drive cloud storage.
How to Do Cloud Download to Google Drive?
In different situation, the solution for Google Drive cloud downloading is different.
Files in Another Cloud Storage
If someone shares a file with your Google account, you can log into your Google Drive, find the file in “Shared with me” folder, right-click on it and select “Add to My Drive” to save the file in your Drive.
If you want to download a large amount of data from another cloud to target cloud, as long as you have access to the source items, you are able to do so.
You can first of all download all these files from source cloud to local storage, then, upload them from local device to destination cloud account. Even though it can achieve your goal, it's time-consuming.
However, you can rely on a third party cloud download software such as MultCloud to directly move the files from source cloud to GD without downloading and uploading. Let's see how it works.
1. Create an account of MultCloud and it's free of charge.
2. Add cloud accounts to MultCloud. Sign in MultCloud, in Add Cloud tab, add all related cloud drive accounts into MultCloud platform.
Note: You can only add one cloud account in one time. So, you should repeat the process to add all accounts.
3. Use Cloud Transfer feature to migrate target data from the original cloud to Google Drive.
Files Stored in a Web Server
If the target file locates on a remote web server instead of a cloud storage, as long as you have its URL address, it is still possible to be downloaded into Google cloud.
Still, you can rely on MultCloud. After signing into MultCloud:
1. In Cloud Explorer function, select destination Google Drive, click on Remote Upload button in the dropdown list.
2. In the next window, enter the URL link of the target file. Finally, click on Save to Cloud and wait for the process to complete.
- While setting up file name of the target file, you should make sure the extension of the filename is the same as its original one. Otherwise, you probably can’t view the file properly when it is saved in destination. Of course, you can keep the default file name.
- You can also upload local files to target cloud from above Upload to Google Drive window.
More about MultCloud
As you can see, no matter which situation you are in, MultCloud can help do cloud download to Google Drive easily, which can save you a lot of time. Since MultCloud is a web-based service, there is no need to download and install it on your local machine. Thus, you can save much computer hard drive space.
Also, as an online program, MultCloud can be applied in all operating systems like Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS and android; and all devices including desktop, laptop, notebook, pad, cellphone, etc.
Besides cloud drive mentioned above, MultCloud also support Dropbox, MEGA, ownCloud, Baidu, etc. altogether about 30 kinds of clouds.