Backup Google Drive to OneDrive by “Cloud Transfer”
In this method, we will rely on a third party cloud backup software called MultCloud.
1. Free Create an Account of MultCloud
MultCloud is a web-based tool. Therefore, to make use of it, we only need to sign up for its service.
2. Add Google Drive and OneDrive to MultCloud
In the main panel of MultCloud platform, select “Add Clouds” on the top and choose the cloud brand we are going to add. We need to sign in target cloud account and authorize MultCloud with the right to get access to the files in target cloud.
- MultCloud won’t save our cloud account information as well as the data in cloud drive.
- We can only add one cloud account to MultCloud in one time. To add more ones, we should repeat the task.
3. Transfer Google Drive to OneDrive
Click “Cloud Transfer” on the top menu, specify source and destination cloud directory, finally click “Transfer Now”.
If we want to keep the source copy of files, make sure NOT to tick “Delete all source files after transfer is complete” in the Options window, whose entrance is in the lower left from above image.
Backup Google Drive to OneDrive by “Cloud Sync”
We can depend on cloud sync feature of MultCloud to complete Google Drive to OneDrive backup.
Select “Cloud Sync” tab, set up source and target cloud drive and click “Sync Now”. It is just so easy.
- DO NOT change the default syncing mode as “One-way Sync”.
- This is a one-off synchronization. If we want it automatically and regularly carried out in the future, we can plan a schedule from the “Schedule” settings in the bottom left.
- We can also sync source cloud to multiple locations simultaneously by clicking “Add More” in destination area.
Backup Google Drive to OneDrive with “Copy to”
Enter “Cloud Explorer” tab, and select “Google Drive” in the left menu to make its storages displayed in the right area. Right-click on target item(s) and choose “Copy to”.
In the pop-up window, select “OneDrive” as destination. Finally, click “Transfer”.
- If we don’t want to keep source files after copying, we can check “Move” on the bottom..
- If we need to copy target files to more than one destinations, just tick “Multi-selection” before choosing cloud drives above.
- We can also use “Copy” function instead of “Copy to” to copy Google Drive to OneDrive. Copy target data in source cloud, move to target cloud, right-click on any blank area and select “Paste”. It is just like in Windows Explorer.
Other solutions to Backup Google Drive to OneDrive
Besides relying on MultCloud, we can adopt traditional common ways to backup from Google Drive to OneDrive.
Using Google Backup & Sync and Microsoft OneDrive App
Firstly, use B & S to sync online Google files to local Google Drive Folder. Then, move those files out to the location where they can be backed up from local PC to OneDrive cloud through OneDrive application.
This method is troublesome and requires local storage as transit. If the amount of data is large, much local space is needed.
Manually Download and Upload
Another way is to manually download items from Google Drive webpage version to local device, then upload the data from local computer to OneDrive. This is also time-consuming and needs local transit disk space.