Can I Do Direct FTP to FTP Transfer?
As a commonly used computer network of an office, a company, or a school, the FTP (File Transfer Protocol) service is widely used for transferring files between FTP servers or between local and FTP servers fast with a private connection.
The normal methods to do FTP to FTP migration or transfer are downloading files from one FTP server and then re-uploading them to another manually, or installing an FTP client to transfer files from one FTP server to another. These methods are of course reliable and easy to operate, but they still can not solve the problem of how to directly transfer FTP to FTP without downloading, uploading, or installing.
However, with the help of a free online cloud file manager called MultCloud, you can easily transfer FTP to FTP directly with a single click without any complicated steps or any risk of data loss.
Why Choose MultCloud for Direct FTP to FTP Transfer?
As one of the best web-based multiple cloud storage managers, MultCloud is professional to help you transfer, sync, and backup data seamlessly across more than 30 cloud storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, Dropbox Business, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Google Workspace, MEGA, pCloud, FTP servers, WebDAV, etc. without the need to switch cloud accounts.
If you are an FTP user, you can try MultCloud to:
- Use Cloud Transfer, Cloud Sync, or Cloud backup to transfer files from one FTP server to another or to clouds in the fastest and safest way.
- Use Public Share, Private Share, or Source Share to share files from FTP to others directly in MultCloud.
- Use Remote Upload to download files to FTP servers from URL, magnet link, or torrent file.
- Create Sub-accounts in MultCloud to collaborate with users from all cloud brands efficiently.
- Use basic cloud built-in functions like upload, download, cut, copy, delete, rename, and preview to easily manage files among all your clouds.
The next part is going to tell you how simple it is to use MultCloud to directly transfer between FTP servers by using two excellent features.
How to Do Direct FTP to FTP Transfer with MultCloud
In MultCloud, the “Cloud Transfer” and “Copy to” functions are most suitable for you to do straight FTP to FTP transfer with wonderful experiences. These two functions can realize similar results but still have some differences in which you can choose to transfer files directly between FTP servers according to your needs.
- Cloud Transfer: You can transfer massive data from one or more FTP servers to one destination with a schedule plan, email notification, and file filter.
- Copy to: You can directly copy from one FTP server to another or more destinations at once without any accessibility.
Now please follow the step-by-step instruction below to learn how to use MultCloud to do direct FTP to FTP copy and transfer.
Method 1. Directly Transfer FTP to FTP by “Cloud Transfer”
Step 1. Create a MultCloud account for free. Or you can log in to MultCloud with a temp account by clicking “Try without signing up”.
Step 2. Choose “FTP” and enter the information about this FTP server in the pop-up window to add to MultCloud. Then repeat this step to add another FTP server to MultCloud as well.
- MultCloud uses an OAuth authorization system to connect your FTP servers and clouds without recording the corresponding username and password.
- MultCloud allows you to add all your FTP servers and cloud accounts to it for free.
Step 3. Switch to the “Cloud Transfer” page in MultCloud.
Step 4. Select an FTP server or files and folders in it as the source, then select another FTP server or a folder in it as the destination.
- If you want to be informed right after the Cloud Transfer task is done, just turn on “email notification” in “Options”. You can also set up “Filter” to ignore or only transfer files with certain extensions.
- If you want to let MultCloud automatically transfer FTP server to FTP server, just click “Schedule” and choose a daily, weekly, or monthly plan.
Step 5. Click the purple button “Transfer Now” in the lower right corner to let MultCloud move files from one FTP server to another directly.
- You can feel free to close the website or your computer after the task starts because MultCloud supports performing tasks offline.
- You will get 30 GB of free data traffic per month to transfer data across clouds.
- If you have a large demand for transferring files across FTP servers, you can upgrade to an advanced MultCloud account to get more data traffic and superfast transfer speed.
Method 2. Direct FTP to FTP Copy by “Copy to”
Step 1. Open one of your FTP servers in MultCloud.
Step 2. Tick files and folders which you want to transfer from this FTP.
Step 3. Click “Copy to” in the feature bar above and choose another FTP server in the pop-up window.
Step 4. Click the purple button “OK” and MultCloud will directly copy FTP to FTP immediately.
Tip: You can click “Multi-select” to select more destinations.
As you can find through the article, MultCloud may be the best choice for you to perform direct FTP to FTP transfer efficiently and securely by “Cloud Transfer” or” Copy to”. What’s more, with multifunctional features offered by MultCloud, you can also use MultCloud to connect FTP to Google Drive and other clouds and then use these services in a great way.