Why Transfer Data between Google Workspace Accounts?
There are several situations that require to migrate data between Google Workspace accounts.
• Quickly Transfer Google Workspace Account to Another in School
This usually comes from a teacher who has a school’s Google Workspace account for a new course and want to move data from the old Google Workspace account. Or this migration requirement appears when students who are graduated and want to take their data with them.
• Easier Collaboration and Merger of Company, Cooperation, and Team
If two companies that both use Google Workspace for team collaboration decide to merge together, or if one or more companies are acquired by another larger company, the most practical way is to transfer data from one Google Workspace account to another.
In any case, it is quite complicated and troublesome to migrate Google Workspace to Google Workspace. Because it takes you a lot of time and effort to carefully transfer data from one account to one or more accounts. And even a tiny mistake can result in massive data loss.
So, here in this article we will show some time-saving ways to transfer G Suite account to another and transfer between Google Workspace accounts of the same and different domains.
Transfer Data between Google Workspace Accounts in MultCloud: 2 Simple Ways
If you want to transfer Google Workspace account to another, the normal way is to download all the data from the old account and then re-upload these data to the new account all by yourself. But with an excellent web-based cloud file manager called MultCloud, you can easily transfer data from one Google Workspace account to another no matter in the same domain or not.
MultCloud is a free third-party multiple cloud storage manager aims to help you manage and transfer data across 30+ major clouds seamlessly and securely in one easy-to-use interface without switching accounts, installation, downloading or uploading anything.
To help you transfer Google Workspace data to another account, MultCloud provides two simple and fast functions for you to do Google Workspace data migration at once. You can choose between “Cloud Transfer” and “Copy to” according to your specific needs. If you have a large number of files to transfer at once, you can choose Cloud Transfer. To the contrary, “Copy to” is also a good choice for you.
- Cloud Transfer: You can choose multiple source accounts to transfer data to one destination account with some options like email notification, file filter, or task schedule by a single click.
- Copy to: You can choose one source account to transfer data to one or more destination clouds without any additional option.
Now you can follow the step-by-step guide to move data between Google Workspace accounts without any extra time and effort for completely free.
Method 1. Migrate Data between Google Workspace accounts by Cloud Transfer
Step 1. Create a MultCloud account for free.
Step 2. Click “Add Cloud” and choose Google Workspace to add to MultCloud. Then repeat this step to add another Google Workspace account to MultCloud as well.
- MultCloud supports you to add unlimited numbers of clouds to it without any purchasing.
- If you choose Google Workspace to add in MultCloud, actually you add My Drive of Google Workspace to MultCloud. If you also want to transfer the Shared Drive data to another account, you can choose Shared Drive to add to MultCloud respectively.
Step 3. Enter “Cloud Transfer” page, select one of your Google Workspace account or files and folders in it as the source directory, then select another Google Workspace account or a folder in it as the destination directory.
- In “Options”, you can turn on email notification to get informed when the task is done, choose the way to treat source and destination files, or add file extensions to ignore or only transfer data with certain extensions.
- MultCloud can automatically transfer data from one Google Workspace account to another after you set up daily, weekly, or monthly scheduled cloud file transfer plan.
Step 4. Click “Transfer Now” and the Cloud Transfer task will start immediately.
- Since MultCloud is able to perform tasks offline, you can close the website or shut down your device after creating the Cloud Transfer task.
- MultCloud offers 30 GB free data traffic per month for each user to transfer data through. If you are going to transfer all the data from one account to another or you have a large demand on cloud data migration, you can upgrade to premium plan to get enough traffic from 150 GB to unlimited and lightning-fast transfer speed.
Method 2. Transfer data between Google Workspace Accounts by “Copy to”
Step 1. Open one of your Google Workspace accounts in MultCloud.
Step 2. Tick the files and folders which you want to transfer from Google Workspace.
Step 3. Click “Copy to” in the feature bar above, select another Google Workspace account in the pop-up window and click “OK”. Then you can find the transferred data in the target Google Workspace account.
Tip: If you want to transfer Google Workspace data to more destinations at once, just click “Multi-select” before selecting.
Transfer Data between Google Workspace Accounts in Google Admin Console: 2 Fast Ways
The above two convenient ways can help you transfer Google Workspace account to another no matter as an admin or just a user of this group. But if you are the admin of a Google Workspace group and want to help your team users to transfer files between Google Workspace accounts, then the next two methods are also suitable for you to directly transfer data between G Suite accounts.
Method 1. Migrate Data between Google Workspace Accounts by Data Migration
Tip Before Operating: This way allows you to transfer all kinds of data from one Google Workspace account to another under the condition that you are an admin of this domain.
Step 1. Sign in Google Admin Console with your Google Workspace account.
Step 2. Click “Account” and choose “Data migration” in Google Admin Console.
Step 3. Click “SET UP DATA MIGRATION” and select Google Workspace as the source server.
Step 4. Choose the start data of your migration and click “SELECT USERS”.
Step 5. Click “Add user”, enter the source email, password, and Google Workspace email in the pop-up window.
Step 6. Click “START” to start the data migration of Google Workspace accounts.
Method 2. Transfer Data between Google Workspace Accounts by Transferring Ownership
Tip Before Operating: If you are an admin of a Google Workspace domain, this method can help you transfer ownership of files stored in Google Drive and Google Docs of different Google Workspace users’ accounts under the same domain.
Step 1. In Google Admin Console, click Apps>Google Workspace>Drives and Docs>Transfer ownership.
Step 2. Enter the email addresses which you are going to transfer file ownership between.
Step 3. Click “TRANSFER FILES” and the files’ ownership will be transferred to the new Google Workspace account at once.
Tip: After transferring, the old Google Workspace account will not be able to find those files anymore. So, this method is also suitable for transferring data from a Google Workspace account of former employee.
After learning how to transfer data between Google Workspace accounts through 4 different helpful ways, now you can choose the most suitable way to transfer G Suite account to another at once.
Besides, MultCloud also provides other multifunctional features for you to manage multiple cloud storage services in the most efficient way. You can use Cloud Sync to sync data between Google Workspace accounts and other clouds through 1 of 10 great modes, including Real Time Sync, Two-way Sync, Mirror Sync, Incremental Sync, etc. And you can use Cloud Backup to make backup from one cloud to another and manage the versions of each backup task clearly.