Why Transfer Files from OneDrive to Box?
Both Box and OneDrive are popular cloud storage and online file-sharing services. By comparing OneDrive vs Box in detail, you may get a deeper understanding of the reason to move from OneDrive to Box.
|Free Storage||5 GB||10 GB|
|Upgrade Plan||100 GB: $1.99/month||100 GB: $11.5/month|
|Shareability||Share and work on the same documents||Collaborate with project management|
|Security and Administrative Control||Admin center and in-app sharing||Multiple data centers and backup systems|
As you can see, OneDrive and Box both have unique specialties. But you are very likely to migrate from OneDrive to Box for two possible reasons.
The first reason is that you may send files from OneDrive to Box to save the storage of OneDrive due to the smaller free storage OneDrive offers to you. And the second reason maybe is that Box provides better sharing functions. You and your team could collaborate online with great privacy and security.
So, when you have to achieve Box file sharing but the file is stored in OneDrive, it would be best to learn the OneDrive to Box migration.
How to Transfer Files from OneDrive to Box Fast: Using MultCloud
There’s an excellent third-party multi-cloud manager called MultCloud. MultCloud can help you to transfer, sync, or backup files between all the popular clouds in one interface without switching browser windows.
- Transfer, sync, or backup cloud-to-cloud with a single click.
- Offline transfer with daily, weekly, or monthly scheduled plans.
- Quickly access and manage all cloud files with one login.
- 30+ major clouds and all operating systems are supported.
When you start to use MultCloud to migrate files from OneDrive to Box with its “Cloud Transfer” and “Copy to” functions, there’s no need for you to repeat uploading and downloading anymore. Now please follow the step-by-step guide to transfer data from OneDrive to Box at once.
Prepare to Migrate OneDrive to Box through MultCloud:
Step 1: Sign up MultCloud with your name and email address.
Step 2: Click “Add Cloud” and choose the OneDrive icon. Follow the pop-up window to allow MultCloud to access your OneDrive account. Then add your Box account to MultCloud in the same way.
- MultCloud supports more than 30 leading cloud drive services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, MEGA, Box, etc.
- You can be assured to manage your clouds through MultCloud. MultCloud uses the OAuth authorization system supported by leading cloud drive services like Google Drive to access your cloud accounts without recording the corresponding username and password.
Method 1: Transfer Files from OneDrive to Box by “Cloud Transfer”
Step 1: Click “Cloud Transfer” in the Common Tools list.
Step 2: Click the left square to select the files, folders, or the whole OneDrive as the source. Then click the right square to select the target place in Box as the destination.
Step 3: Click the purple button “Transfer Now” to start OneDrive to Box transfer.
Tips for Additional Options:
- MultCloud can send you an email notification if you need it when the transfer task is done.
- You could also click “Task List” in the Common Tools list to look through the detailed progress of the transfer task.
- If you want to save the storage of your OneDrive account most simply, you can click “Options” and choose “Delete all source files after transfer is complete".
Tips for Premium Functions:
- You could set the "Filter" to ignore or only transfer the files with certain extensions.
- You will get 10 threads to transfer data with greatly improved speed.
- You will get more data traffic to transfer data across clouds.
Method 2: Transfer OneDrive to Box by “Copy to”
Step 1: Open your OneDrive in MultCloud.
Step 2: Tick the files and folders that you want to transfer to Box. Then click “Copy to” in the feature bar above.
Step 3: In the pop-up window, select the target place in Box and click "OK". You can choose “Multi-select” to migrate OneDrive to more than one destination.
Tip: MultCloud will show you a pop-up window in the lower right corner to inform you of the task's progress.
How to Move Files from OneDrive to Box Manually: Download and Upload
The most traditional way to transfer files between cloud storage services is downloading and uploading through these two clouds. You may find it is complicated to transfer in this way mainly because of the unstable Internet speed and the time and effort it takes.
Step 1: Sign in OneDrive with your Microsoft account.
Step 2: Select the files and folders you want to transfer from OneDrive.
Step 3: Click “Download” to download OneDrive files to the local device.
Step 4: Sign in to the Box website.
Step 5: Click the button “+New” and choose “File Upload” or “Folder Upload”. You can also drag and drop the files downloaded from OneDrive straightly to the Box interface.
Step 6: Locate the files you downloaded before. Then click “Open” in the pop-up window to upload files to Box.
- As a free user of Box, you are only allowed to upload files with a limit size of 250 MB every time.
- You’d better not close your browser window before the uploading and downloading tasks are completed. The transfers are based on the internet connection of your device.
- Before uploading files to Box, you may have to unzip the downloaded OneDrive file into a folder.
As you could find through the above methods, you may feel so much more convenient to transfer files from OneDrive to Box with MultCloud since there are so many features to help you transfer in a better way.
Apart from using MultCloud to move OneDrive files to Box, you could also use MultCloud to backup or sync between Box and OneDrive by another distinctive function, Cloud Sync. The Cloud Sync function can help you sync two clouds with different modes such as Simple Sync, Real Time Sync, and Mirror Sync.