If your friend occasionally shares a movie with you by magnet link which is common in sharing large files, how can you open the magnet link easily? To solve this problem, the article below will show you 3 different ways about how to open magnet links with uTorrent, in Chrome, and on iPhone through detailed instructions.
After reading, you are able to choose to download magnet links with or without torrent client. But first, it would be best if you could take a look on the concept of magnet links.
What is Magnet link?
Unlike torrent file which needs torrent client to source the information about the file’s name, tracker URL, and other tidbits and then calculate out a hash code to find out the shared file piece by piece, magnet links are hyperlinks which already contains the hash code for torrent client to straightforwardly search the files from the hash code.
Both magnet links and Torrents are basing on peer to peer sharing network which is mainly consisted by some computer servers and every server owns and uploads piece of the file. When you want to download files from this P2P network, the torrent client will search for those servers in order to download the whole file to you. It can be seen that using magnet links to open files is a legal gray area since you don’t have to pay much on the files you need.
Solution 1: How to Open Magnet Links with uTorrent
The solution about how to download a magnet link with uTorrent is a typical way about how to open a magnet link with torrent client since uTorrent is one of the major free torrent clients nowadays. It doesn’t require you to create an account to get its services but need you to download an application of Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android from its official website before using. After that, you could follow the steps below to open magnet links.
Step 1: Open uTorrent application on your device. It will automatically appear in your default browser.
Step 2: Click “Add Torrent +” in uTorrent interface.
Step 3: Copy and paste your magnet link to the pop-up window. Then click the button “Add torrent” below.
Step 4: Select the files which you want to open from the magnet link.
Step 5: Click “Add” and then you will be able to open files from magnet link in uTorrent.
- If you want uTorrent to download files from the magnet link to your device automatically, you could tick the box in front of “Start downloading when torrent is added” and select a destination to store the downloaded files in your device before adding.
- You are able to manage the detailed progress of the downloading task through uTorrent.
Solution 2: How to Open Magnet Links in Chrome
“Why should I download and install a large size of application just intend to open a tiny file?” If you have the similar question, you could try the method below to fix the problem about how to open a magnet link without any torrent client.
There are so many services in Chrome which can help you open a magnet link with ease including MultCloud, Bitport, Seedr, JSTorrent, etc. Among these useful tools, MultCloud may be the best choice for you to open the magnet link in Chrome. Because it sets lowest threshold for use with clear instruction and simple interface. And it sets no quantity limit for opening magnet link per day.
What is MultCloud?
MultCloud is a free multiple cloud storage manager appeared in website which can combine all your cloud drives together in a single interface and let you manage files among these clouds with various functions. The best feature of MultCloud is Cloud Transfer which can help you to transfer, sync or backup data from one of your clouds to another without switching accounts. You are also able the share files from your clouds to friends in MultCloud with 3 different sharing modes like Public Share, Private Share, and Source Share.
However, when it comes to how to open magnet links in Chrome, you could use another distinctive function of MultCloud called Remote Upload to add files from magnet link to your cloud drive and then open the files in your cloud. It may sound a little bit of complicated.
Actually, this method only requires you to take some simple steps to achieve. And what you can get from using MultCloud to open magnet link is the best security protection of the files opened from magnet links because all the files will be stored in your own cloud drives at once.
Here we take how to download files from magnet link to Google Drive as an example:
Step 1: Sign up MultCloud for free. You could click “Try without signing up” to enter MultCloud permanently without username and password.
Step 2: Click “Add Cloud” and choose Google Drive icon.
Step 3: Follow the pop-up window to allow MultCloud to access your Google Drive account.
- MultCloud allows you to add as many clouds as you have since it supports more than 30 leading cloud drive services including Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Flickr, FTP, MEGA, etc.
- You don’t have to worry about the security of your clouds because MultCloud uses OAuth authorization system to connect with your clouds without recording the corresponding username and password. And the system is supported by major cloud drive servers like Google Drive and Dropbox.
Step 4: If you are in Google Drive page of MultCloud, click “Remote Upload” in the feature bar above. If you are in Remote Upload page, click “Create Task” instead. These two ways will lead to the same result.
Step 5: Copy and paste the magnet link in the pop-up window. If you open the pop-up window through Remote Upload page, you may have to manually select Google Drive as the cloud to store the downloaded files.
Step 6: Click the purple button “Save to Cloud”. And the files will be added to your Google Drive even you shut down the browser window or your device.
- You don’t have to wait for the task to be done because MultCloud will preform the task by its background program but neither your device nor your Internet connection.
- As a free user of MultCloud, you could only paste one magnet link to run remote upload task at a time. But if you upgrade your MultCloud account to a higher level, you are able to add at most 5 parallel links to run Remote Upload tasks at the same time.
- After adding files from magnet link to your cloud drive, you could try some excellent functions to manage your clouds like Upload, Download, Cut, Copy, Rename, Preview, and Share. What’s more, you could use Cloud Sync to sync Google Drive with OneDrive or other of your clouds so as to make your files downloaded from magnet links more secure.
Solution 3: How to Open Magnet Links on iPhone
In fact, it is impossible to open a magnet link on iPhone through application mainly because Apple considers of the controversial nature of Torrents and has banned all torrent client apps. However, it is actually possible to open magnet link on iPhone through some websites. So, here we recommend Bitport website for you to figure out how to open a magnet link on iPhone.
Tips: One thing you may need to know is that the application you can download from Apple app store only works as a cloud storage service but not a torrent client.
Step 1: Open “bitport.io” in your mobile browser and create an account of Bitport.
Step 2: Tap “Add Torrent” in Bitport website interface.
Step 3: Copy and paste the magnet link to the blank. Then tap “Add new torrent”.
Step 4: Wait for the seeding task to be done. Then you can tap the folder and find the exact files in it.
- You can tap the three-dots icon beside the file to download the file from Bitport website to your iPhone.
- Since Bitport is not only a torrent but also a cloud storage service, the files you open from it will still be kept in it unless removing the files by yourself.
The instructions about how to open magnet links already meet all your needs. If you prefer a professional torrent client, you could follow solution 1; if you don’t want to install anything, solution 2 may suits you best; and if you want know how to open a magnet link on iPhone, just follow solution 3 instead.
In addition, solution 2 is a great way to save the local storage of your device while giving your files best security protection. Because you don’t have to open the magnet link through any unfamiliar places but your own cloud drives. Moreover, solution 2 can also convert magnet link to direct download link by the same method mentioned in solution 2.