Can I Backup Outlook Emails to Hard Drive?
Yes, you can backup Outlook emails to your hard drive and save these emails in different file types like PST, PDF, CSV, MSG, and so on. Each file type is outstanding on some specific occasions. Here we will list the benefits of PDF, MSG, and CSV files since the backup methods in the following sections are about these 3 types.
- PDF (Portable Document Format) format offers numerous advantages, such as universal compatibility across devices and operating systems, preservation of document layout and formatting, efficient storage due to compact file sizes, support for password protection and encryption, and ease of sharing and printing. These qualities make it ideal for document distribution, archiving, and presentation.
- CSV (Comma-Separated Values) format provides simplicity and versatility for data storage and sharing. Its benefits include human readability, lightweight file size, easy import/export in various applications, and wide compatibility across platforms. CSV files are widely used for data exchange, analysis, and storage, especially in spreadsheet applications.
- MSG (Message) format is primarily associated with Microsoft Outlook. Its benefits include efficient email message storage, and preservation of email formatting, attachments, and metadata. MSG files can be easily archived, searched, and shared, making them valuable for organizing and preserving email communications within the Outlook ecosystem.
Backup Outlook Emails Without PST via MultCloud [PDF]
To backup Outlook emails as PDFs, MultCloud is recommended to you. It is a free multiple-cloud management service and offers functions for both cloud-to-cloud transfer and single-cloud file transfer. Using MultCloud, you are provided with 2 options to backup emails. One is backing up to your hard drive by Email Download and another is to a cloud drive by Email Migration.
Whether you choose to use Email Download or Email Migration, the emails will be converted into PDFs and you can choose to save the email attachments or not. Besides, you can backup multiple emails at once and transfer emails without opening the task window, even your computer. So that you can relax your hands and save energy to do other things.
Way 1: Save Outlook Email to Hard Drive by Email Download
Before going straight to the steps, you may change the downloading destination to your hard drive in the browser settings. So that you don’t have to move the PDF files from a local folder to your hard drive.
Step 1: Sign up for a free MultCloud account.
Step 2: Add Outlook to MultCloud. First, click “Add Email” and the Outlook icon. Then log in to the Outlook account and grant access to MultCloud.
Note: If you want to backup Gmail emails as PDFs, you can do it by Email Migration also.
Step 3: Select Outlook in the left bar after adding it, choose the emails you want to backup, and click “Download” in the upper taskbar.
Step 4: Set the task in terms of your preference and tap on “OK” to start the task of how to backup Outlook emails without PST but as PDF.
Way 2: Move Emails from Outlook to a Cloud by Email Migration
Step 1: Add Outlook and Google Drive (for example) to MultCloud. To add Google Drive, click “Add Cloud” and the Google Drive icon. Then log in to the account and give access to MultCloud.
Step 2: Open “Email Migration” and select Outlook and Google Drive in the boxes. If you want to save these emails to more clouds, you can multi-select the clouds after adding them.
Step 3: Open Options, Email Filter, and Schedule to see if there is something that you need to change or add to this task. After these settings, click “Migrate Now” and this task is created.
- Schedule: It is used to set a specific time for the migration task. You can choose to run it daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Email Filter: It helps for batch-selecting the emails that you want to migrate. You can set it to select with the email sender, recipient, date, with attachment, or unread.
- You can migrate 50 emails at most for free per month. If you need to migrate more emails, you can upgrade to the premium. So that you can enjoy more emails and all the paid features.
Backup Outlook Emails Without PST via Import/Export Wizard [CSV]
There is an Outlook tool that you can use to save Outlook email to hard drive without PST but as CSV files. Of course, don’t forget to plug your hard drive into your computer before the steps.
Step 1: Open the Outlook app and click “File” in the upper-left corner.
Step 2: Choose “Open & Export” in the left bar and select “Import/Export”.
Step 3: Select “Export to a file” in the menu and click “Next”.
Step 4: Select “Comma Separated Values” and click “Next”.
Step 5: Choose the Outlook folder that you want to export emails from and click “Next”.
Step 6: Tap on “Browse …” and choose your hard drive as the export destination. Till now, you have finished the operations to save Outlook emails to the hard drive as CSV files.
Backup Outlook Emails Without PST via Copy & Paste [MSG]
Except for saving emails as PDF or CSV files, you can also convert them into MSG. Here this section will provide you with an easy way. Go with the steps below.
Step 1: Open your hard drive folder on the computer.
Step 1: Open Outlook and an email folder that you want to backup email from. Press “Ctrl +A” to select all the emails there.
In this post, we discussed 4 effective ways to backup Outlook emails without PST: 2 MultCloud ways to backup emails as PDFs, 1 Outlook way to export emails as CSV, and 1 copy & paste way to save emails as MSG. While all methods have their advantages, we highly recommend the MultCloud approach for its convenience and efficiency.
Besides, other functions on MultCloud also deserve trying. Cloud Transfer, Cloud Sync, Team Transfer, and Cloud Backup are all helpful if you have the relevant needs. After getting a MultCloud account, you may transfer Google Workspace to Dropbox for business, sync OneDrive with Box, or backup iCloud Photos to Google Photos with ease.
Where are my Outlook emails stored?
How far back does Outlook save emails?
How do I backup and reinstall Outlook?
MultCloud Supports Clouds
OneDrive for Business
box for Business
You May Also Like
Can Outlook sync with iCloud? Discover the simple steps to sync your Outlook emails with iCloud effortlessly. Access your emails from anywhere, safeguard data, and experience seamless integration with Apple devices for enhanced productivity.
Discover efficient methods for Outlook backup emails with attachments. Learn 3 reliable ways to safeguard your important email data with ease.
Welcome to an exciting exploration of seamless collaboration! In today's post, we delve into the dynamic world of Dropbox-Outlook integration. Discover the power of interconnected workflows as we present not one, but two incredibly efficient methods to achieve this integration. Let's optimize your productivity like never before!